Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Raptors changing their uniforms this summer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Raptors changing their uniforms this summer???

After seeing the Hornets unveil their new jersey i was reminded of a article i might have read here on RR about how the raptors hired some design company to a create new jersey design to be used next season. was there any truth behind this? and if so are there any updates on it? Thanks.

I think their using the old purple jerseys on select games
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

uniform change means nothing...I wish they followed through on changing the name of the franchise to the Huskies & the colours to Toronto Blue & White.

Comment

I like purple.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

The old purple jerseys with the dinosaur on the front this coming season and brand new designed jerseys in 2016 when toronto hosts the allstar game and when durant signs with us

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
            The old purple jerseys with the dinosaur on the front this coming season and brand new designed jerseys in 2016 when toronto hosts the allstar game and when durant signs with us
            i knew about the us bring back the old jersey for select games, didn't know that the planed jersey change will happen in 2016 thanks!

Comment

Are the Raptors changing their uniforms this summer???

RepTdot wrote: View Post
              uniform change means nothing...I wish they followed through on changing the name of the franchise to the Huskies & the colours to Toronto Blue & White.
              I hope none of this shit happens. The colours are lame. Fuck the leafs and the jays. raptors are a different beast altogether and deserve to stand out, not blend in and get lost underneath the other teams that clearly get way more attention already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Vásquez_Valančiūnas wrote: View Post
                i knew about the us bring back the old jersey for select games, didn't know that the planed jersey change will happen in 2016 thanks!
                No problem buddy! Also rumours are that the new jersey colours are black and gold.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  I hope none of this shit happens. The colours are lame. Fuck the leafs and the jays. raptors are a different beast altogether and deserve to stand out, not blend in and get lost underneath the other teams that clearly get way more attention already.

Agreed please no blue and white leafs got same colour we need to be unique and not copy and huskies and timberwolves are pretty similar would be hard to come up with a design that isn't identical to minny

Comment

Brilliant post.

This city should be utterly embarrassed by the Leafs and Blue Jays futility over the past few decades. Blue and white represents exactly what the Raptors should NOT be aiming for.

Comment

Uggh. I completely agree! Not to mention the Huskies name is absolutely terrible as well. Why the nostalgia to a team that played 1 year in the NBA 60 years ago? I could agree maybe if we had this amazing past we were trying to bring back, but the Toronto Huskies are barely a footnote in NBA history.

For me personally, the almost 20 years of Raptors basketball far out weighs the 1 year of Husky basketball in terms of Nostalgia and meaning for the city. I'd be extremely sad if they changed the name, especially to Huskies which is boring, plain, and absolutely horrible.
                      Last edited by threeFiddy; Fri Jun 20, 2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Brilliant post.

This city should be utterly embarrassed by the Leafs and Blue Jays futility over the past few decades. Blue and white represents exactly what the Raptors should NOT be aiming for.
                        Well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. The Raptors, sadly, are the most futile of all our franchises.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                          Yeah let's be like every other sports team in Toronto! Being different is for losers!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            Yeah let's be like every other sports team in Toronto! Being different is for losers!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                            I actually agree, it's not that being different isn't cool, it's just that having that type of uniformity across the city would be nice. The blue and white would be Toronto's colors, rather than just red being the Raptors colors.

On that front it's a little like every player on a team wearing the same jersey, it's just nice, uniform and begins to represent something.

At least that's how I feel.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                              Well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. The Raptors, sadly, are the most futile of all our franchises.
                              Since 1995, that's debatable but not worth arguing

The bottom line is that all of Toronto's teams have stunk for a very long time. As such, the Raptors should be doing everything in their power to break away from that pack. Rebranding to blue and white would be the opposite maneuver.

Comment

Working...
                              X