Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Profile: Brandon Knight - - Raptors Likely To Take Him If He's Available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Profile: Brandon Knight - - Raptors Likely To Take Him If He's Available?

If Knight is on the board at #5 the Raptors will likely take him.

NBA execs seem to be leaning toward Brandon Knight over Kemba Walker when asked which point guard they prefer. I spoke to dozens of scouts and executives over the weekend and the majority of them had Knight ranked slightly higher because of his size, shooting ability and upside. Neither player worked out in the drills on Thursday or Friday. NBA teams liked Walker's personality in interviews. "He's charismatic," one GM said. "I think he could emerge as a leader in the locker room." Walker measured a little bigger than expected (6-1 in shoes) which should help his stock, too.

Teams said Knight was considerably more reserved than Walker, but they came away impressed with his maturity. The Jazz should be the first team on the board to give them a look. The Raptors, Kings and Bobcats are also in the mix. If the Jazz pick a point guard, I think Knight is slightly ahead on their board. Sources said if Knight slips to No. 5, the Raptors are likely to snag him there and there's no way he slides past the Kings at No. 7, I'm told. Walker's stock is still a bit more fluid. He'll get a look at Utah, Toronto and Sacramento, but I'm told none of those teams are all the way on board with him yet.
    Source: HoopsWorld.com

Comment

Yet Hoopsworld has Brandon Knight going 9th in their most recent mock draft.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I should have mentioned after the quote that this is coming from Chad Ford's Insider column. I'm not an insider so I grabbed the reference from HW news wire.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Yet Hoopsworld has Brandon Knight going 9th in their most recent mock draft.
          Seems they have moved him up to #6 (Walker is 5 & Kanter is 12!!)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/the_draft/index.asp

Correction: I was referring to their top 25 players
          Last edited by Bendit; Tue May 24, 2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Knight is a calm guy but when he get enthusiastic watch out

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Seems they have moved him up to #6 (Walker is 5 & Kanter is 12!!)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/the_draft/index.asp

Correction: I was referring to their top 25 players
              Wow. Can't say I agree with their player rankings. Biyombo as the third best player? They liked his domination of the Hoops Summit but not Kanter's, the year before? And they have Nikola Mirotic at 7 when he's not even eligible.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Brandon knight please

Comment

Kemba or knight and i'm happy.

Comment

I love Knight, and can see he and DeMar being a lethal combo in the backcourt.

It may be totally false, but the rumours being discussed about the Raps pursuing Rudy Gay - that changes my view of our #5 pick. Rudy brings the scoring that then turns our need to some rebounding and size as a priority (or a player like Kemba who may have a lower ceiling, but has a more predictable skillset and future in the NBA - could be a leader/distributor).

If there is no Rudy deal, then I remain onboard for Knight as the top choice
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

if anything it makes me want knight more for his defensive prowess.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        if anything it makes me want knight more for his defensive prowess.
                        If the trade does happen, don't you think the Raptors need SOMEONE who can pass the ball? Knight hasn't shown much of an inclination for that.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He played for Calipari. His PG play doesn't involve creating.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I guarantee you 5 years from now he'll be the best PG of the class
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              He played for Calipari. His PG play doesn't involve creating.
                              So how do you know he can do that? Both Derrick Rose and John Wall had VERY respectable assist numbers. It seems to me that this guy would be a great SG, but there is no evidence whatsoever, that I have seen, that he can be a PG. Maybe he can, but I'd like to see some before I draft him at 5.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X