Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you be prepared to give up to acquire Andrew Wiggins ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stooley wrote: View Post
    I'd give up JV, Ross and our 2014 pick.

Then I'd trade DD for a first round pick in 2015/2016, and same deal with Lowry.
    Are you high? Jeez man. You'd tear down the entire team without even getting fair market value. I've been skeptical about JV developing into a star, but the potential is there. 10.5 and 8.6 as a sophomore with almost 4 WS already is nothing to sneeze it. And I sure wouldn't trade a potential future star PLUS our second best wing defender whose also a sophomore PLUS the 18th pick in the draft.

We're in a damn good situation in terms of assets right now. With the right trade, or even a home-run hit with our pick, we could actually compete for a championship. Tearing it all down, guaranteeing the next couple years are crap, and hoping all your picks hit? That's the Cleveland Post-James model.
    @Boymusic66

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Wow. Is this a serious question??
      I realize AW is a higher ceiling player, but he also plays the position that has the most talent in the nba. JV has shown star potential and plays the hardest position to find talent at. It's intriguing
      @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
        Are you high? Jeez man. You'd tear down the entire team without even getting fair market value. I've been skeptical about JV developing into a star, but the potential is there. 10.5 and 8.6 as a sophomore with almost 4 WS already is nothing to sneeze it. And I sure wouldn't trade a potential future star PLUS our second best wing defender whose also a sophomore PLUS the 18th pick in the draft.

We're in a damn good situation in terms of assets right now. With the right trade, or even a home-run hit with our pick, we could actually compete for a championship. Tearing it all down, guaranteeing the next couple years are crap, and hoping all your picks hit? That's the Cleveland Post-James model.
        well, i'd get fair market value for DD and Lowry.

but i'd do that trade, yes.
        this is completely subjective and arbitrary, but: I give Wiggins a 33% chance at being a superstar/top 10 player in the league, at least.

I'd give up JV/ Ross and our pick for those odds. Especially since we'd likely control him for 9 years, if not more.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          I'd give up JV, Ross and our 2014 pick.

Then I'd trade DD for a first round pick in 2015/2016, and same deal with Lowry.
          I wouldn't give up Ross and Val. Definitely not Ross (due to his ability to compliment good players). I would give up Val though for sure. Love the guy but there are some major red flags starting to pop up in my head. Val+2014+Amir would be a good starting point, though probably need a few more picks in there, be it second round or what not.

I would love the idea of trading DD for some future picks. 2015 is supposed to have some pretty talented PF's

Comment

I keep trying to not say anything because I'm never as optimistic as everyone else on this board but are you people serious???

DD to be Kobe's heir apparent?
            JV straight up for Wiggins?
            A top 3 drafting team trading out of this draft?? And doing it for a bunch of late teen picks??

I think we have a better chance of missing the playoffs and winning the lottery than any of the suggestions in this thread.

Comment

The suggestions seem rather crazy probably because there's literally nothing the raptors have that would interest a top 5 lottery team from trading out of this draft, so yeh people will be clutching at straws. But hey this is a fan forum, let people have their fun!
              But that being said, If some team was silly enough to take DeRozan and a pick for him, sure I'd do it

Comment

Although I do not think there is any way a team gives up Wiggins at the draft, I would be willing to trade Demar, 2014 1st, 2016 1st, and some filler and/or second rounders. If demar wasn't wanted, I'd be willing to give up JV or even Ross instead, but not both. Demar would be the most logical choice to give up if acquiring Wiggins. Like others have said, Ross would be the better pairing with Wiggins, plus we would have the cap space from Demar's contract to work with, we could resign Lowry and be in a similar position cap wise as we are now. I wouldn't want to give up Demar, but Wiggins is looking real good and you got to make that trade to bring in the best Canadian bball player if you have the opportunity.

Comment

I would give JV TROSS + a 1st rounder and second for a top 3 pick in this draft.
                  Then i would sign someone like greg monre over the summer

2014-15 line up
                  Lowry
                  DeRozan
                  Wiggins
                  Amir/2Pat
                  Greg Monroe
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Wiggins hasn't dominated at all in college and looks so passive. Maybe something will click in his head when he gets to the NBA, but right now I wouldn't risk it all to acquire him on the promise of his potential.

Comment

Contrary to what's been said I don't think a rebuilding team would want someone like DeRozan simply because by the time their rebuilding plan is complete, DeRozan will be long gone. Rebuilding teams want something to build around, not a stop-gap.

I'd trade JV and our 2014 pick. If they need more, throw in a 2017 pick.

Whether JV will ever be dominant is debatable, but rebuilding or bottom-dwelling GMs love to build around big men, and JV is young enough to be part of the future of any franchise. He's sexy enough that someone might be willing to trade out of the top 5. Simple way to look at is, right now, between JV and Embiid who do you take. There have been many like Embiid.. big men who look great in college who have not being playing basketball very long. All you need is a tiny seed of doubt and we can trade in to get Wiggins.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

I say we pull out the stops to get Ennis instead, maybe target Orlando's 2nd first rounder (13th) or Philadelphia's (11th). Should be much easier to get these, since that far down the draft teams are less certain of their pick and may be willing to trade.

Once we get Ennis, we plan on creating cap space and luring Wiggins in free agency when the time comes, and if he proves himself.

I think Ennis will be a star, and along with Ross and JV can perhaps be the core that lures Wiggins to take his talents to Bay Street. Especially if he winds up in Orlando .

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          Contrary to what's been said I don't think a rebuilding team would want someone like DeRozan simply because by the time their rebuilding plan is complete, DeRozan will be long gone. Rebuilding teams want something to build around, not a stop-gap.

I'd trade JV and our 2014 pick. If they need more, throw in a 2017 pick.

Whether JV will ever be dominant is debatable, but rebuilding or bottom-dwelling GMs love to build around big men, and JV is young enough to be part of the future of any franchise. He's sexy enough that someone might be willing to trade out of the top 5. Simple way to look at is, right now, between JV and Embiid who do you take. There have been many like Embiid.. big men who look great in college who have not being playing basketball very long. All you need is a tiny seed of doubt and we can trade in to get Wiggins.
                          Dude, I so, so easily take Embiid over JV. Come on.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

The last shred of my tanking hopes lies in a draft day trade of DD, our 2014 1st and NYK's 2016 first to trade up to grab Wiggins. Wiggins and Ross could be a serious shut down wing tandem.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

my wiggins package

2014 1st round pick 2014 2nd round pick, 2015 2nd round pick, 1 2016 1st round pick 1 2016 second round pick, 2017 second round pick, 2018 1st round pick + 2 of my 3 testicles, and Terrence Ross for Nash and Wiggins
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                The last shred of my tanking hopes lies in a draft day trade of DD, our 2014 1st and NYK's 2016 first to trade up to grab Wiggins. Wiggins and Ross could be a serious shut down wing tandem.
                                PLEASE, for anyone else holding out hope for this, THIS IS A PSA:

We are NOT getting Wiggins. It's not happening unless extreme circumstances befall him. Unless he's a complete dud in March, injures himself, or something else unexpected happens,

Wiggins will NOT be a Raptor for at least 5-6 years.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X