Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armstrong to Bargnani: Sit Your Ass Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armstrong to Bargnani: Sit Your Ass Down!

LOL ... courtesy of supersub from the RealGM. Apparently Jack had some choice words for Andrea today on the Fan 590.

"Bargnani was a lot better on defence last year, than this year. He was really good in that first game against Cleveland. But, son, if you're not going to play defence, then sit your ass down. You don't deserve to hear your name announced before the game."
    Is Jack being a little harsh or bang on with his criticism of Andrea?

What's said on the radio is what isn't said on TV. And what's said on the radio is similar in tone to what's said daily by the RR writers.

Is Jack being a little harsh? Nope. He is bang on? Yep!

Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Tue Dec 1, 2009, 05:47 PM.
    RR OG

Comment

I actually heard this on the radio today. It was in the context of the Raps not playing with any hustle. Bosh is an average defender and Andrea was a much better on the ball defender last year than this year. It was not a comment about talent, but about attitude.

If Andrea continues to be so passive on the defensive end, then it is time to bench him and make him earn his minutes. I think it is the plays where Bargnani looks at the ball roll past him without getting down to grab it, or when someone comes and rips what should be his board away from him. He does not have any hunger on the defensive end, and he needs to learn that to get playing time he must show that.

That said, he felt that nay changes to the starting lineup should wait until after the 4 games in 5 nights.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
        I actually heard this on the radio today. It was in the context of the Raps not playing with any hustle. Bosh is an average defender and Andrea was a much better on the ball defender last year than this year. It was not a comment about talent, but about attitude.

If Andrea continues to be so passive on the defensive end, then it is time to bench him and make him earn his minutes. I think it is the plays where Bargnani looks at the ball roll past him without getting down to grab it, or when someone comes and rips what should be his board away from him. He does not have any hunger on the defensive end, and he needs to learn that to get playing time he must show that.

That said, he felt that nay changes to the starting lineup should wait until after the 4 games in 5 nights.
        ...or when Bargs watches a shot go up and gets beat to the rebound.

RR OG

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          LOL ... courtesy of supersub from the RealGM. Apparently Jack had some choice words for Andrea today on the Fan 590.

Is Jack being a little harsh or bang on with his criticism of Andrea?
          I actually find it refreshing. Most Raptors T.V. personalities are blatant kiss asses... Chuck being the biggest of all-time. I like seeing Jack call it like he sees it even if I may or may not agree with it.

Comment

More than his defense, it's his lazy approach that is most concerning for me. Right now, Turk and Bargs are the worst defenders we have. Not because they can't do it, but because they show little effort. At least Jose looks like he's trying even though he gets burnt every game.

Bargs also sets the weakest screens out of all of our big men. Considering that he would be the biggest beneficiary of setting a solid screen, I find it concerning that he hasn't gotten better. He tends to 'show' a screen but before actually setting it, he'll roll to the basket with no chance of receiving a pass, or slip out 2 feet behind the 3 pt line.

The fact that he continues to make weak plays over and over is probably the reason Smitch couldn't get along with him. Hopefully Jay-T can get through to him.

Comment

Everyone gets beat in basketball. after all, thats how teams score their points
              I don't think Bargs is that weak as 1-on-1 defender. My concern is his help defense and his overall effort. He doesn't rotate very aggressively if you know what I mean. The times he actually does rotate or play help D, he just sort of goes there because he's supposed to...not because he's generally interested in getting the stop or forcing a bad shot. Does that make any sense?

I will say this though: We knocked him for his rebounding that past few years and I can see his effort to pull more rebounds down this year. It's all about effort and atleast I can say he's trying to assert himself more on the glass than years prior.

Comment

Bargs doesnt seem to be an attitude problem that sitting him will send him a tailspin.

He is a talented scorer...and a 3...not a 5.

Bargs and Turk are the same player. They are redundant.

I'd like to see Amir start for Bargs. Let Bargs come in for Turk. That way we never lose our scoring oversized 3 spot.
                http://www.raptorman.ca/
                raptorman@rogers.com
                Discounted Raptor Tickets
                *No Service Charges*

Comment

Raptorman wrote: View Post

It's the first time I've heard that comparison, but you're absolutely dead-on with it!
                  Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Wed Dec 2, 2009, 02:29 PM.
                  RR OG

Comment

Jack has become an Ass this year.

He's looking old and tired - and for some reason sounding bitter.

Something is up with this usually positive Raptors analyst and color commentator.

But he still has never said word one about how teams abuse Bosh on defense.
                    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                      Jack has become an Ass this year.

He's looking old and tired - and for some reason sounding bitter.

Something is up with this usually positive Raptors analyst and color commentator.

But he still has never said word one about how teams abuse Bosh on defense.
                      The tone of his Fan590 radio shtick is much more abrassive than this TV colour shtick.
                      RR OG

Comment

Raptorman wrote: View Post
                        Bargs doesnt seem to be an attitude problem that sitting him will send him a tailspin.

I'd like to see Amir start for Bargs. Let Bargs come in for Turk. That way we never lose our scoring oversized 3 spot.
                        Wow, I would cry if I saw Bargnani at the 3. Our defense would go from dreadful to [insert negative word here]. He's not fast enough to keep up with any small forward in this league. I'd rather see Bosh at the 3 then Bargnani but I would rather see both play their respective positions.
                        Toronto's Finest

Comment

Working...
                        X