Jeff Green: Take Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Green: Take Two

Apparently Boston withdrew his qualifying offer after they found out about his heart condition.

Of course, being a restricted FA, this would mean that he is now a UFA.

While he may end up taking quite a bit of cap space, Green is still young and his presence would give us a solid option at the 3 and occasionally, the 4.

When is he expected to return? Like mid next season?

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
      Apparently Boston withdrew his qualifying offer after they found out about his heart condition.

Of course, being a restricted FA, this would mean that he is now a UFA.

While he may end up taking quite a bit of cap space, Green is still young and his presence would give us a solid option at the 3 and occasionally, the 4.
      I'm really not sold on Green - and I was very much early-mid season last year.

In my opinion the Raptors need a true spark plug at the 3 - an MKG or a Quincy Miller. I don't see Green, at 26 years of age at the start of next season, to be that guy.

While Green had his QO withdrawn, he has been travelling with Boston until he has his heart surgery sometime this month from what I understand.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

In my opinion the Raptors need a true spark plug at the 3 - an MKG or a Quincy Miller. I don't see Green, at 26 years of age at the start of next season, to be that guy.

While Green had his QO withdrawn, he has been travelling with Boston until he has his heart surgery sometime this month from what I understand.
        I have to sort of agree. I don't see how adding Green really helps our long term building plan, even if we want to accelerate it next season. He is pretty young, but even ignoring the surgery, I don't think he's going to get any better really. He's got a decent all around game, but I can't think of something he does really well that we really need. I'm ok with investing minutes in James Johnson for now and seeing if his game can tighten a bit since he obviously has high potential on D. I think on this end of the floor alone Johnson could be better than Green and like I said, that is something we at least know we really need on our team.

With Green being out with for this surgery and recovery, we can't get him until next season anyway, and I just can't see him being a plan A. Maybe a plan B, C or D, and even then probably talking about only deals that don't involve the draft. I am also very high on Gilchrist and Miller. And I would even be more interested in a lower projected pick like Adonis Thomas over chasing Green maybe, since he's got a defensive mindset and crazy physical tools. Back on Gilchrist though, I wonder where he'll end up in the draft picture come June. His attitude seems to impress everyone and so to does his ability to improve his game. I can see Barnes looking stagnant to scouts (he already does to me) next to him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          same here
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
          X