This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    6 guys at $30 a piece? Wow. That would be interesting to go into the draft at $20 to spend. But then again, 6 guys may be the key to your success. Great season once again, I will not be talking smack if I face you week 1 again!
    My thinking for the "at Least 5", is that last year I spent $149 on my Top 5 players (3 Keepers and 2 Draftees); so maintaining that $150-bill for 5 Players can work.

Furthering that thinking, I spent $171 on my Top-6 players; Only $9 off from the $180 Bill of keeping 6 players.
    However, $9 can be a big deal at the end of the draft ... so I'm torn on the 6-keepers. Like you said, $20 to draft with is a scary thought. Haha

And thanks man! I expect plenty of Trash talking from here on out from everybody. Comes with the territory after all the congratulations have worn off. Haha

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I want to keep only three players, but it's going to be very hard for me not to keep 5 as well; considering I got 5 guys in the top 25.
    Ya I've got 5 that finished in the Top 20. And that doesn't include Pau, who is easily a Top 20 player when Healthy (he would be my 6th). I'll be putting Monta Ellis and Eric Gordon back in the Draft Pool though, so there will certainly be some potential Keeper talent in the Draft.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 9, 2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• I'm thinking about maybe possibly keeping Harden...

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
        I'm thinking about maybe possibly keeping Harden...
        Not sure why you'd do that ... that would be an incredibly silly move ...

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post

12. MangoKid
          11. JBML
          10. Raptor4ever
          9. Raptorsfan4life
          8. Mack North
          7. Apollo
          6. Skywalker
          5. Matt52
          4. WJF
          3. Drizz
          2. Soft Euro

Barring some major setback, it’s going to be hard to see anyone taking down Joey!!
          joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

FINAL STANDINGS

1. joey_hesketh
          2. Soft Euro
          3. RaptorsFan4Life
          4. Matt52
          5. Skywalker
          6. drizz
          7. WJF
          8. Mack North
          9. Apollo
          10. Raptor4Ever
          11. jbml
          12. Mangokid
          Btw, Skywalker, you were a lot closer this year. You even underestimated your own team ...

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Not sure why you'd do that ... that would be an incredibly silly move ...
            Silly moves is my middle name! haha

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              Btw, Skywalker, you were a lot closer this year. You even underestimated your own team ...
              Now that you mention it, looks like i didn't do too bad in the predictions!!

I predict that next year....

I will...

...make more predictions lol

Comment

• I\m just glad JV turned into a keeper for me. Not too sure what to do with the rest of my squad though.

Comment

• Billionaire Tycoon Tucas has approached me and expressed interest in purchasing Apollo's team.
                  He feels its in a great market, and has some great talent to work with and work toward a championship team.
                  He was quick to act, and that shows determination and enthusiasm.

As with any NBA team sale/purchase, the transaction must be approved by the other League Owners/Managers; however it should be noted, that I vote strongly in favour of this takeover.

Comment

Billionaire Tycoon Tucas has approached me and expressed interest in purchasing Apollo's team.
                    He feels its in a great market, and has some great talent to work with and work toward a championship team.

As with any NBA team sale/purchase, the transaction must be approved by the other League Owners/Managers; however it should be noted, that I vote strongly in favour of this takeover.
                    Yea, he's good to go!

Comment

Billionaire Tycoon Tucas has approached me and expressed interest in purchasing Apollo's team.

Sounds good to me. Tucas is a committed and passionate owner and would be a welcomed addition to our fine league.

My only question would be do same rules apply to new ownership as applied to old ownership, specifically can the new owner keep dwight howard and Lamarcus Aldridge for the $30 price tag OR if would new ownership have to pay $50 franchise price to keep each one (if he desired).

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Yea, he's good to go!
                        skywalker wrote: View Post
                        Sounds good to me. Tucas is a committed and passionate owner and would be a welcomed addition to our fine league.
                        Thanks for chiming in on this one guys.

skywalker wrote: View Post
                        My only question would be do same rules apply to new ownership as applied to old ownership, specifically can the new owner keep dwight howard and Lamarcus Aldridge for the $30 price tag OR if would new ownership have to pay $50 franchise price to keep each one (if he desired).
                        Good question. I'm willing to open this up to discussion, but I'd be of the opinion that, unfortunately for Tucas, the contract status of all Keepers should remain as is for new owners.

RaptorsFan4Life came in last year without keeping anybody (could have kept Kevin Love if I'm not mistaken), and ended up finishing 3rd. So keepers aren't the be all and end all of being successful and having a competitive team. And at the very least, Tucas comes in with some VERY tasty 'expiring' contracts that he can move for some other keepers.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in on this one guys.

Good question. I'm willing to open this up to discussion, but I'd be of the opinion that, unfortunately for Tucas, the contract status of all Keepers should remain as is for new owners.

RaptorsFan4Life came in last year without keeping anybody (could have kept Kevin Love if I'm not mistaken), and ended up finishing 3rd. So keepers aren't the be all and end all of being successful and having a competitive team. And at the very least, Tucas comes in with some VERY tasty 'expiring' contracts that he can move for some other keepers.
                          Well, he won't be able to trade those contracts anymore, except the one he keeps for $50, which won't help a lot because it will be close to, or over, marketvalue. Unless you meant other expirings?

Comment

I agree with you. New owner inherits old contracts. Which means Dwight and Lamarcus would cost $50 to keep, but there are other interesting potential $30 keeper options on that team like Bryant and maybe even Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker and Anthony Davis.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              Well, he won't be able to trade those contracts anymore, except the one he keeps for $50, which won't help a lot because it will be close to, or over, marketvalue. Unless you meant other expirings?
                              Well did we not discuss the potential of allowing off-season trades?

Comment

Well did we not discuss the potential of allowing off-season trades?
                                That was Dynasty. Very different leagues.

Comment

Working...
                                X