Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles Lakers and their draft pick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lakers has ZERO interest in trading their high pick for DD. DD is not on their radar right now and they are really hoping for KD, Westbrook and Kevin love type of players for next 2-3 years.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Damn everyone on that second unit can be a starter in this league :0
      A 40 year old Carter?
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
        A 40 year old Carter?
        Milwaukee Bucks always have a spot
        @Boymusic66

Comment

Teams don't trade up for the sake of trading up. I don't know if I like the idea of moving DeRozan like this unless I know who is available at 6. The 6th overall pick is a big load of nothing unless you know what you're getting.
          TRex wrote: View Post
          Kobe's on his way out. The Lakers need a player they can build their team around the next 10+ years. There's no way they're going to trade that pick unless a team like Minnesota offer them Kevin Love, in short a SUPERSTAR type player. I'm a big fan of DeRozan but he's not that.
          If it were still Jerry at the reigns I'd say no way, Kobe retires a Laker but now, I don't know. I could see a scenario where he's out.

Comment

We only trade up if we get Wiggins.

Comment

No demar, no more lowry plain and simple

Comment

Just trade Derozan so I don't have to see these arguments again.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Just trade Derozan so I don't have to see these arguments again.
                  They'll just be about someone else. Probably Jonas.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    They'll just be about someone else. Probably Jonas.
                    Nah, Ross.

Comment

Haters insist on trading DD ... Now, for number 7 pick in the draft. Do you really think that player will be as good as DD ? Do you know how many years you have to wait till he develops ? How will that effect the chemistry of this team ?

STOP HATING, DD is OUR BEST PLAYER and SHOULD NOT be traded for SCRUBS .... JUST DEAL WITH IT.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                        Haters insist on trading DD ... Now, for number 7 pick in the draft. Do you really think that player will be as good as DD ? Do you know how many years you have to wait till he develops ? How will that effect the chemistry of this team ?

STOP HATING, DD is OUR BEST PLAYER and SHOULD NOT be traded for SCRUBS .... JUST DEAL WITH IT.
                        Hypothetical scenario:

What if the #7 pick is available and we draft a hidden SUPERSTAR and DD gets traded to LAL and proceeds to never make an all-star game again?

Just sayin'

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Hypothetical scenario:

What if the #7 pick is available and we draft a hidden SUPERSTAR and DD gets traded to LAL and proceeds to never make an all-star game again?

Just sayin'
                          Hypothetical scenario:

What if the #7 pick is available and it turns out to be a total bust and DD gets traded to LAL and proceeds to win MVP?

Just sayin'

Comment

Would be very stupid to trade DeRozan to the Lakers for this pick. The top 3 guys along with Exum and Vonleh (not that I would trade DeRozan for those two, but for argument's sake) will be gone by their pick. Makes zero sense to move DeRozan for a Randle or Smart tbqh.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                              Hypothetical scenario:

What if the #7 pick is available and it turns out to be a total bust and DD gets traded to LAL and proceeds to win MVP?

Just sayin'
                              That's the point. Its all a crapshoot.

Though come draft night if we think that player x at 7 will be better than DD then does it not make sense to do the trade?

Blanket "we wont get anything better at x pick" statements are a little meh. This goes both ways too though

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                That's the point. Its all a crapshoot.

Though come draft night if we think that player x at 7 will be better than DD then does it not make sense to do the trade?

Blanket "we wont get anything better at x pick" statements are a little meh. This goes both ways too though
                                It's unlikely that a player will fall to #7 who Ujiri thinks is going to be better than DeRozan. Also we have to consider how much better than DeRozan that player is going to be. Are they going to be at about the same level or are we talking about a superstar talent? If it's the former, is it worth losing Lowry as well to acquire the player? Is it worth waiting 4-5 years for that player to develop?

It's not as simple as shipping DeRozan as soon as we see something that might be better. The fact that you think that shows a lack of depth in your trade and draft evaluation, which frankly is not surprising seeing as you wanted to trade DeRozan for Waiters.

Comment

Working...
                                X