"Raptors can't camouflage bad defense"

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        I can picture the headline's after losses wearing those uniforms:

"Raptors can't camouflage bad defense"

"Raptors blend into crowd"

some reference to "Beat the Heat? Raptors and what army?"

Raptors: Army of None

I sense a new game/forum topic in the making...

Comment

Gotta go back to purple.. the red ones are god awful.

Comment

I always thought the dino uniforms were the worst basketball uniforms ever. Anything with pinstripes is tied for second. Purple is just not inspiring. I can hardly think of any pro teams that wear it besides the Vikings. The red, black, or white Raptors unis do the job imo.
            Last edited by stretch; Wed Dec 28, 2011, 10:59 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Isn't that kinda what we have?
              Or exactly what we have..? haha

Or are you saying you don't like the Green one and the Camo ones?
              OR are you saying you don't like the Stripes down the sides of the jersey?

I actually really like this set of three jerseys we have here.
              Could do without all the rest though.

Am also surprised we don't bring these ones out everyonce in a while as a Retro Throw-back:
              no i mean style-wise. like i said, the style (shape? cut?) that the traditional jerseys have with a round scooped neck, as opposed to this new gay star trek style that seems to be overtaking the league (ie raps, lakers, etc) anyways this convo is getting kinda girly
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would be completely for bringing back the purple Dinos (at least once in a while). I still rock my Mighty Mouse one and get a whack load of compliments whenever I wear it.

Mark my words, those purple Dino jerseys will be in style in 3-5 years.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post

Mark my words, those purple Dino jerseys will be in style in 3-5 years.
                  ...the world is ending in 2012, right, so thankfully that is not going to happen.

Sports aesthetic is an oxymoron.
                  Last edited by stretch; Fri Dec 30, 2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

The Raptors unis are getting NO RESPECT on the ESPN NBA uniform fan ranker.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank...78/versionId/3

We're dead last. The Raptors uniforms are far from the worst. I ranked 'em number one because they are my team. Perhaps, we as members of the RR forum, could have a positive effect on the poll result. Just a thought.....

As they say in Quebec, "vote early and vote often."
                    Last edited by stretch; Wed Aug 22, 2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post

We're dead last. The Raptors uniforms are far from the worst. I ranked 'em number one because they are my team. Perhaps, we as members of the RR forum, could have a positive effect on the poll result. Just a thought.....

I voted Raps in first as well, but this is just a popularity contest. There's no way the Heat are in the top 5 in the NBA, plus if it was unbiased the Warriors and the Wizards would be higher up
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Yeah, In my opinion, Warriors, Wizards, and Trailblazers have the best jerseys. I mean, the best jerseys are the ones that really represent the city. In that poll, it looks like the best jerseys are defined by whoever is winning.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post

Couple of things.

1) We're 92nd, not last.

2) Who the hell cares? You like their jerseys then what do you care what people from Omaha think?

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            I voted Raps in first as well, but this is just a popularity contest. There's no way the Heat are in the top 5 in the NBA, plus if it was unbiased the Warriors and the Wizards would be higher up
                            Red and White wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, In my opinion, Warriors, Wizards, and Trailblazers have the best jerseys. I mean, the best jerseys are the ones that really represent the city. In that poll, it looks like the best jerseys are defined by whoever is winning.
                            I agree that any poll like this inevitably turns into a team popularity contest that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual question being asked by the poll.

Personally speaking, from the moment they were unveiled last summer, I've hated the GSW jerseys. I think they look like an elementary school jersey! lol I do appreciate that they balked the current trend of going away from team logo in favor of simply the team name, which I think is totally boring and defeats the purpose of a team name.

I do absolutely agree that I tend to have a preference for jerseys that actually incorporate the team name, as well as city/province/state colors into their jersey designs, to add significance for the hometown fans (although I also prefer a team name that has some sort of relevance too - I think that's why the Raptors went away from the dinosaur image and the purple color, to get as far away from the "Raptors" name as possible, without actually going the extra step to change the team name to something that resonates with Toronto/Ontario/Canadian fans.). I also give added props to jerseys that can accomplish this and look modern, while still respecting/paying tribute to historic jersey look.

The Spurs have always been one of my favourites. Their team name has relevance (relates to cowboys in Texas), their logo is incorporated right into the name (spur as the "u"), their colors/look has been constant for decades while still having modern appeal.

Comment

Anything black/white/silver is a good-looking jersey (i.e. Spurs, Raiders, old LA Kings, etc.)

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                                Couple of things.

1) We're 92nd, not last.

2) Who the hell cares? You like their jerseys then what do you care what people from Omaha think?
                                The Raptors are last in fan ESPN NBA uniform fan ranker. You have to vote to see the results. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X