LVSL - RAPTORS vs MAVS - 6pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Maybe or maybe not Bruno would have been taken before our 37 pick but there is no excuse for this roster here in summer league, NONE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here's the excuse, it's summer league.

We could have added a bunch of 30ish guys like Dallas did and crushed some other summer league squads, but what the hell does that accomplish? Instead we're giving heavy minutes to Bruno and giving tons of offensive looks so he can adjust to the NBA speed and physicality. I like the strategy we're using.
    The one caveat I have where I agree with you, is that this team has shit on top of shit at the PG position, which is making it difficult for everyone to play well on offense. Buycks was supposed to be our solid vet there to run the team but all he wants to do is shoot it himself. Kabongo and Machado are just bad. PG is the one position where I wouldn't mind a 30 something vet to run the offense.

Comment

• Yuki Togashi- 5'7 143lbs....this is amazing

Comment

• Hassan is athletic! He did a good job staying in front of the point guard during a mismatch
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Is this the last summer league game for raptors? Or is there more coming?

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
            Yuki Togashi- 5'7 143lbs....this is amazing
            It looks like a little kid wandered onto the court.

Comment

• Ok, let's sign Togashi.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• They want this guy to go off l 5'7

Comment

• This Summer League is going to do at least this..... it will put th ridiculous "Sign Machado" or "Sign Kabongo" chants to sleep for good.

Comment

• How does togashi get a gig at summer league when aquille carr is full out rejected?? I don't understand

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Here's the excuse, it's summer league.

We could have added a bunch of 30ish guys like Dallas did and crushed some other summer league squads, but what the hell does that accomplish? Instead we're giving heavy minutes to Bruno and giving tons of offensive looks so he can adjust to the NBA speed and physicality. I like the strategy we're using.
                      The one caveat I have where I agree with you, is that this team has shit on top of shit at the PG position, which is making it difficult for everyone to play well on offense. Buycks was supposed to be our solid vet there to run the team but all he wants to do is shoot it himself. Kabongo and Machado are just bad. PG is the one position where I wouldn't mind a 30 something vet to run the offense.
                      I don't agree this is part of the process. Every part should be taken seriously.

Comment

• omg. Togashi just got a rebound.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Basketball without Borders Japan MVP...

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                            How does togashi get a gig at summer league when aquille carr is full out rejected?? I don't understand
                            Maybe, this is just a favour for the Japanese Basketball League, assuming he's the best young Japanese player. Also, Casey coached there for like 3 years, I believe.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Japanese Bruno

Comment

• You can tell Bruno's not confident in his dribbling but you can see potential. He actually seems like he's more comfortable driving left which is good. A good year putting in work in his body should do him good. He has the tools & he doesn't force but he panics when he's pressured.
                                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
                                X