Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian tv schedule...absolutely disguted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian tv schedule...absolutely disguted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

As a person who doesn't subscribe to bell or rogers, I am absolutely disgusted by the lack of games been shown on regular tv. Last year it was sickening not being able to watch my beloved raptors but now these guys have taken this to another level, knew this garbage would happen when rogers and bell bought this team.
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Hasn't this been the case for many years now?

I can't even remember the last time CTV was carrying Raptor games.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

The best way to combat their predatory programming is to not buy in to their premium offerings. There are always free streams on the internet, or you can even go direct and get HD quality video with leaguepass broadband + a VPN.

Comment

Or torrent them if you can't stand the crappy streams and don't mind watching on delay. sport-scene.net/bt.davka.info are great resources.

Comment

Orrrrrrr, you could just subscribe to Bell or Rogers

Comment

I switched over to Dish Network and im loving it. lets be honest, Canadian TV sucks! I get a lot more coverage and youd be suprised to know that they actually show raptors games nationally in the states. I was watching the raps and bucks game last night on nba tv. so in fact from what ive seen so far the raptors do get some coverage south of the border.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

I believe if you have TSN/TSN2/Sportsnet, you can watch all raptors games this season (I have them all with Shaw.) Hopefully there are no blackouts or bullshit like that

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                I believe if you have TSN/TSN2/Sportsnet, you can watch all raptors games this season (I have them all with Shaw.) Hopefully there are no blackouts or bullshit like that
                I believe those are national telecasts. Shouldn't be any blackouts.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                  As a person who doesn't subscribe to bell or rogers, I am absolutely disgusted by the lack of games been shown on regular tv. Last year it was sickening not being able to watch my beloved raptors but now these guys have taken this to another level, knew this garbage would happen when rogers and bell bought this team.
                  Okay, not to be a dick or anything, but if you aren't paying money for something, why do you think you should get it? Do you think that the $39.95 that you paid for the rabbit ears you bought for your TV set 12 years ago is somehow financing the Raptors? Or the free streaming pirated broadcast you are getting from your internet is somehow paying for it?

The national broadcasters can't make enough from selling advertising on Raptor broadcasts to bid high enough to buy Raptor broadcasts. There's a reason the CBC stopped carrying Raptors broadcasts. They were losing money because of crappy ratings. Advertisers don't pay money if no one is watching the show. People watching sports on CTV and CBC want to see hockey, curling and figure skating, in that order. Oh...and synchronized swimming. Therefore the viewing numbers are high enough that advertiser will pay big dollars to advertise, therefore CBC and CTv can pay the providers of those sport broadcasts enough to get the rights to the shows.

I hate statements that go "As a person who doesn't (some activity that costs money, some portion of which actually goes to the provider of some product or service) I am absolutely disgusted (that they can't participate in or partake of whatever activity they refuse to contribute to the income stream of)!

Of course, there is an alternative to paying for broadcasts. Buy tickets to the games. Oh, what, the game tickets are too expensive? Well then, listen to the radio broadcasts. Just stop bitching about how you can't enjoy them for free. TANSTAAFL dude.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                    welcome back, your boy jose is fucked isn't he? (sorry couldn't resist)

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                      The best way to combat their predatory programming is to not buy in to their premium offerings. There are always free streams on the internet, or you can even go direct and get HD quality video with leaguepass broadband + a VPN.
                      do you have any links for more info on this method and how to set it up? i don't have cable where I live, so NBA LP would be awesome, if only I could also get Raptors games along with it.
                      Last edited by nubreed000; Tue Oct 23, 2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Cogeco has all of them. Tsn, Tsn2, Nba tv canada, and Sportsnet

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                          welcome back, your boy jose is fucked isn't he? (sorry couldn't resist)
                          what do you mean by that? was always here, just didn't feel like posting until the season started lol

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Okay, not to be a dick or anything, but if you aren't paying money for something, why do you think you should get it? Do you think that the $39.95 that you paid for the rabbit ears you bought for your TV set 12 years ago is somehow financing the Raptors? Or the free streaming pirated broadcast you are getting from your internet is somehow paying for it?

The national broadcasters can't make enough from selling advertising on Raptor broadcasts to bid high enough to buy Raptor broadcasts. There's a reason the CBC stopped carrying Raptors broadcasts. They were losing money because of crappy ratings. Advertisers don't pay money if no one is watching the show. People watching sports on CTV and CBC want to see hockey, curling and figure skating, in that order. Oh...and synchronized swimming. Therefore the viewing numbers are high enough that advertiser will pay big dollars to advertise, therefore CBC and CTv can pay the providers of those sport broadcasts enough to get the rights to the shows.

I hate statements that go "As a person who doesn't (some activity that costs money, some portion of which actually goes to the provider of some product or service) I am absolutely disgusted (that they can't participate in or partake of whatever activity they refuse to contribute to the income stream of)!

Of course, there is an alternative to paying for broadcasts. Buy tickets to the games. Oh, what, the game tickets are too expensive? Well then, listen to the radio broadcasts. Just stop bitching about how you can't enjoy them for free. TANSTAAFL
                            dude.

why would I give them my money? a few years ago when the score and sportsnet aired raptor games I was able to watch 72 on my tv, now I can barely watch any

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                              I watch the games on first row sports, just would be nice if I could see the on my damn tv

Comment

Working...
                              X