Who wants Jose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Nice trade. But, it doesn't necessarily address their salary dump. You've got Green with 8$ million + for the next 4 years. Although, they get a cheap rookie contract on an improving big (possibly replacing Z-Bo if traded), expiring - very little - contract from Collins, and they address a young wing with Jeff Green. Another problem though is, they wanted a young, cheap wing player.
    Oh I agree, that's why I prefaced it with "If Memphis has any interest in Green...". The rumors I've read indicate that they want a young SF who's cheaper than Gay, which Green is, but I still get the feeling that he's not the sort of "cheap" that they'd be interested in.

That was just the only realistic 3-way trade with Boston that I could see working for all parties.

Courtney Lee was another possibility for Memphis, but even then Boston would need to include Bradley, Sullinger and Collins, which I think is more than they'd be willing to part with. I guess that means that Boston is an unlikely dance partner, unless Toronto plans on moving Lowry instead of Calderon... which I don't see as likely, plus I think that would then open the door to much better offers than what Boston could offer.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Oh I agree, that's why I prefaced it with "If Memphis has any interest in Green...". The rumors I've read indicate that they want a young SF who's cheaper than Gay, which Green is, but I still get the feeling that he's not the sort of "cheap" that they'd be interested in.

That was just the only realistic 3-way trade with Boston that I could see working for all parties.

Courtney Lee was another possibility for Memphis, but even then Boston would need to include Bradley, Sullinger and Collins, which I think is more than they'd be willing to part with. I guess that means that Boston is an unlikely dance partner, unless Toronto plans on moving Lowry instead of Calderon... which I don't see as likely, plus I think that would then open the door to much better offers than what Boston could offer.
      Detroit? Man, I've already gotten the picture that to take in Rudy's contract, they HAVE to let go of Calderon + Davis to create space to acquire the contract. There are actually of a number of teams who are looking for cap relief, and a young big. It's just hard because Memphis is also in need for return obviously.

CAN WE PLEASE JUST HAVE RUDY GAY?!
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
      X