Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Fields play in the NBA after this contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Fields play in the NBA after this contract?

I remember there being a lot of press about the Raptors training staff working on his nerve damage in his shooting elbow in 2012-13 and have not heard anything recently. He still plays defense but is a liability on offence. Any one have any more info.

I think yes.

The league is always looking for guys willing to play for minimum who have good attitude and accept their role while acting professional.

I think Fields is one of those guys.

Comment

I think he will for a minimum contract. He has to work on his shot but he has a high IQ for the game and plays smart and within himself. A player like that who knows there role will always have a place some where. I don't think he will become a starter ever though no.

Comment

Salmons and Casspi got contracts. If they can Fields can. If he has any shooting ability left he will sign another terrible deal.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Salmons and Casspi got contracts. If they can Fields can. If he has any shooting ability left he will sign another terrible deal.
          Has Salmons been signed to a new deal?
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I called this contract being Fields' last in the NBA after his first year in Toronto and I'll stick with it. I personally like him but his skill set has degenerated into dime-a-dozen territory unfortunately.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
              Has Salmons been signed to a new deal?
              Yeah with the pellis
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                I called this contract being Fields' last in the NBA after his first year in Toronto and I'll stick with it.
                You just never know with these nerve-related injuries. I believe someone on RR said that he had had a similar injury and it takes over a year to heal. We do know that Fields was in great pain last season, to the point where he just had to get an operation. I hope that by mid-season, a year after his operation, he will start to show signs of being able to shoot securely once again. If that happens, he has a chance to continue his career, especially given his defensive chops.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                  You just never know with these nerve-related injuries. I believe someone on RR said that he had had a similar injury and it takes over a year to heal. We do know that Fields was in great pain last season, to the point where he just had to get an operation. I hope that by mid-season, a year after his operation, he will start to show signs of being able to shoot securely once again. If that happens, he has a chance to continue his career, especially given his defensive chops.
                  nice to see someone acknowledging his injury.

Comment

I called this contract being Fields' last in the NBA after his first year in Toronto and I'll stick with it. I personally like him but his skill set has degenerated into dime-a-dozen territory unfortunately.
                    Aight then. Name me 12 other doodes that can play the 2-4 positions, play lock down d, have a high bb iq, and is a professional. I guarantee he is not a dime a dozen
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Fields does have that Stanford degree, so he should be set to find a job.

Fields is a great locker room guy and is a terrific defender. He also has a high basketball IQ, and on the offensive end, makes terrific cuts to the basket.

I think he can get a contract.
                      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                        He had his surgery in November 2012.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          Aight then. Name me 12 other doodes that can play the 2-4 positions, play lock down d, have a high bb iq, and is a professional. I guarantee he is not a dime a dozen
                          He played 30 games last year, and only had 3 meaningful outings after Christmas including his one playoff game. I think the onus is on you to name me 12 other guys who have had 50+ DNPs or inactives (no injury, just simply not good enough to crack the lineup most nights) during a regular season that have turned around and signed a guaranteed contract the next chance they got. Now tell me how many of that extremely short list (if any) had only one working arm.

Comment

And I believe the comment from one of the mods on here was that it was a year and a half minimum for recovery, so sometime in May of 2014. Then five months of work to get his shot back and get into shape for a contract year effort. Fields is going to blow up this year. Lock him up now before the rest of the league finds out.

All kidding aside, it would be great if he showed any level of recovery at all.

Comment

That was the elbow surgery. The wrist surgery was in January 2014:

"TORONTO -- Raptors forward Landry Fields will be sidelined for several weeks after having surgery on his right wrist.

The Raptors said it was a "minor surgical procedure" to an issue with the ulnar nerve in his hand. Fields underwent ulnar nerve transposition surgery in November 2012 to alleviate nerve compression in his right elbow."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-wrist-surgery

Comment

Working...
                              X