Weems wins the game hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weems wins the game hard

Sorry, couldn't resist to post it... Matt, feel free to merge it, if you can find any of Weems related posts bellow.

It doesn't say a shit about Weems ability to play NBA. They let him keep that ball, coz he can either drive to rim or shoot, and he can make free throws... it worked this time. Nice finish

Sonnny Weeeeemsas!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!

That is awesome. Nice to see Sonny enjoying success in Lithuania. That is the type of drive and finish I wish DeMar would exhibit consistently - he has the ability. Maybe fatigue? Tired legs? Either way, get it done.

Comment

Haven't watched any games lately (since the lockout is over), but Weems was doing pretty well in Lithuania; on the same team as Lawson, he performed much better and adjusted very well. That really impressed me, lots of guys had trouble adjusting to the different culture and playing style and, albeit judged from a distance, Weems seemed to have his head in the right place and really made an effort (and succeeded) in adjusting. Based on that I think it's no wonder that it's rumoured that there are a couple of NBA teams willing to sign him.

Comment

I vote we keep calling him Sonny Weemsus when he gets back...He could be with the Raps as early as March
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

haha, worst time to make this point after this game winning drive to the hoop, but have you taken a look at clips from other games? The only reason he's having success there is because his jumpshot is so good and the euro's don't close out on him well enough, IMO it isn't going to translate into the nba.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
            haha, worst time to make this point after this game winning drive to the hoop, but have you taken a look at clips from other games? The only reason he's having success there is because his jumpshot is so good and the euro's don't close out on him well enough, IMO it isn't going to translate into the nba.
            The average euroleague team closes out better on spot up shooters than the Raptors (and that's including this year).

Comment

Not only on those cases, sometimes it's even amusing how some people underrate European basketball. Most of the teams in Euroleague, not only Euroleague, at this time are better than some NBA teams. Comparing NBA like something magical isn't basketball wise anymore, times change. Before 10/20 years, yes. But Europe and the rest of the world is catching up and imo it has almost did that already. Of course, it's your opinion, and that's my opinion. I can evaluate more accurately because I see both, NBA and Europe basketball.
              Last edited by RandomGuy; Thu Jan 12, 2012, 07:02 PM.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Is there anything that Demar does that Sonny doesn't do at least as well? I seem to remember Sonny playing soft D, but that was not limited to him under the previous coach. He looks like he can dribble, create his own shot off the bounce, he is at least as good an outside scoring threat. I am not anti demar, just wondering what you think.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                  Is there anything that Demar does that Sonny doesn't do at least as well? I seem to remember Sonny playing soft D, but that was not limited to him under the previous coach. He looks like he can dribble, create his own shot off the bounce, he is at least as good an outside scoring threat. I am not anti demar, just wondering what you think.
                  There were a lot of questions like this last year at the start of the season. In fact I was one of the strongest anti-DeMar out there. I think he has too much talent and ability to stay in this funk long term - just as he snapped out of the funk next year. If anything, I think this is a good thing. It appears his body language and demeanour are, um, disappointing, shall we say, at best. You learn what people are made of in the bad times - the good times are easy. Maybe this stretch makes the brass realize he isn't suited long term - who knows. I'm rooting for him though because the better he does, the better that is for Toronto whether he stays or goes.

As for Sonny, don't forget he is 25 - 26 in July. He has 3 years experience on DeMar and is no doubt playing inferior competition.

Comment

That was sick. I just spit out my coffee...
                    Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

Good for Sonny. Sounds like he's having a "ball" in Lithuania.

Comment

Anyone know his stats in Lithuania?
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Anyone know his stats in Lithuania?
                          min 26.8
                          fgm-a 57.1%
                          3pm-a 34.8%
                          ftm-a 66.7%
                          off 0.8
                          def 4.1
                          tot 4.9
                          ast 1.7
                          pf 1.9
                          st 1.1
                          bs 0.6
                          to 2.3
                          pts 11.3
                          Euro league Stats:
                          min 30.2
                          fgm-a 51.5%
                          3pm-a 50.0%
                          ftm-a 66.7%
                          off 0.9
                          def 5.0
                          tot 5.9
                          ast 0.9
                          pf 2.2
                          st 1.3
                          bs 0.2
                          to 2.7
                          pts 17.5
                          Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Sat Jan 14, 2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

That was the weakest chest bump I've ever seen
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Thank NoPropsneeded!!
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X