Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald Wallace is now going to be a free agent. I would kill to have him
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I also want to sign Marcus Camby to a 2 year deal. So that we have a starting quality backup while Valanciunas figures out how not to foul
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• What makes you think Camby wants to sign here?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          What makes you think Camby wants to sign here?
          I can think of 5 million reasons (mid level exception) probably the most he is going to get in the twilight of his career

Comment

• What makes you think Wallace wants to sign here? he hates toronto

Comment

• Camby said he wanted to re-sign in Houston

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                I also want to sign Marcus Camby to a 2 year deal. So that we have a starting quality backup while Valanciunas figures out how not to foul
                I'd stay away from Camby. There were rumblings he was part of the issues going on in Portland through out the year. Then I was reading this today:

If there were a leader, the players' discontent with coach Nate McMillan never would have spread to the point where the team flat out quit on him. The whining whispers of Raymond Felton, in particular to Gerald Wallace, would have been stopped. The sulking of Jamal Crawford would have been stifled. And the indifference of Marcus Camby would have been challenged.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...among_tea.html
                Not to mention his injury history, age, and declining production. If I had to take Camby or Gray, I'd take Gray.... and I bet he'd be a lot cheaper as well.

Comment

• Ersan Ilyasova?

What about Ersan?

When looking at Casey's checklist of desires in players, he is a close fit.

He will be 25 next year.
                  He is a great shooter.
                  He is experienced and proven.
                  Statistically he is not a great defender but if Calderon can look like a decent defender in Casey's system, Ilyasova should look godly.

Given Bargnani's known deficiencies statistically, he could have a field day clearing the glass as long as Bargnani continues to box out.

If it came down to giving AK47 $8M or Ilyasova $8M, I'd go with Ilyasova.

Comment

• but he's more of a 4 than a 3

Comment

I can think of 5 million reasons (mid level exception) probably the most he is going to get in the twilight of his career
                      You want to give Marcus Camby 5 million a season? Maybe 5 million Mexican pesos or 5 million Indian rupees, and that still might be too much.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        What about Ersan?

When looking at Casey's checklist of desires in players, he is a close fit.

He will be 25 next year.
                        He is a great shooter.
                        He is experienced and proven.
                        Statistically he is not a great defender but if Calderon can look like a decent defender in Casey's system, Ilyasova should look godly.

Given Bargnani's known deficiencies statistically, he could have a field day clearing the glass as long as Bargnani continues to box out.

If it came down to giving AK47 $8M or Ilyasova $8M, I'd go with Ilyasova.
                        I heart Ilyasova. Whatever money anyone was thinking about giving Kirilenko, I'd give Ilyasova. That kid is gritty, tough, decent defender, good rebounder and he'd got a decent midrange game.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          but he's more of a 4 than a 3
                          So is James Johnson, but that doesn't stop him from being a 3. Ilyasova is better rebounder than Johnson and has a better offensive game. I'd throw cash at that kid.

Comment

Gerald Wallace is now going to be a free agent. I would kill to have him
                            Wallace makes sense for a team looking for that one piece to vault them into contender status, not a team in a rebuilding status. He's looking for a long term contract starting at $10 mil a season. And we'd have to overpay for him, so probably 12 mil a season. No thanks.

Comment

• Besides the obvious stars, Raptors should be gunning for one of the big young RFA wings: Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo or Nic Batum.

One player I think would be a huge difference maker for the Raps is Gerald Wallace -- Looks like he is going to opt out. He would be a monster in Casey's system, but at what price?

others i would personally like to see on short contracts : Steve Nash, Ray Felton, Bayless and
                              Even Landry Fields could become a much improved player under Casey, he is a good glue guy seems to do everything pretty well.

The fanboy in me wants OJ Mayo. Can start or come off the bench, sharpshooter, playoff experience, loves Johnny Davis from Memphis, has a game-breaking offensive game.
                              Batum is nearly a lock to be retained and I wouldn't want the Raps to over-overpay to get him (plus Portland has even more cap space than the Raps). Eric Gordon has an injury bug, too much risk for the price he will come at (although a very high reward if he shakes his injury woes, although I don't think BC would go for it, messing with his plan and with one year left on his deal).

Exciting times, boys. kinda sad that it gets more exciting when the season ends...

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                but he's more of a 4 than a 3
                                Maybe. But put a guy in who can create his own shot and create for others at the 2 guard and suddenly that is no longer as big of an issue on offense as he is able to stretch the defense with his 3 point shooting and is savvy at cutting to the hoop.

On defense, I don't have enough conviction in stating if he could reasonably guard SF's in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X