No announcement yet.

Raptors Unlikely To Fill Last Roster Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't see it being that big of a deal.

There's 14 guys on the roster right now, and only 12 can play for a given game. The team's already looking at two guys in street clothes every night so I don't see it as a priority to find a third guy to do the same thing. If there's a big trade throughout the season that leaves the roster short, you can go out and get young, fringe-NBAers then.

Comment

I would make more sense to leave the vacancy for an inevitable injury.

Comment

Kabongo after he finishes workouts with Nash? lol anyway imo leave the spot open for the season so we have flexibility for a potential trade or pick up in case there's an awful injury.

sounds like a good idea to me, I think we missed out on just signing Seth for cheap and sending him down to the DLeague for the entire season.

Comment

Awesome, watching 10-day signings are my high point once the season goes to shit.

Comment

I agree with the idea of leaving a spot open. You don't need 15 guys in practice and another body in street clothes does nothing. Better to have the flexibility and not have to worry about waiving a guy and flushing dollars down the toilet.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              Awesome, watching 10-day signings are my high point once the season goes to shit.
              Hey 2 of those 10 days turned into Raptors Alumni have some respect, for Alan Anderson and Ben Uzoh

Comment

Take a flyer on Beasley? The Suns just released him. What's the cap space for signing a 15th player at this point?
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I guess it would be what we could call a ''high risk, low reward'' move... Although Beasley is still really young and a really good player. On paper, surely works. Court/locker room? Dunno.

Comment

Michael Beasley "a really good player"? Not last year.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                      Michael Beasley "a really good player"? Not last year.
                      The talent is definitely there. He just doesn't know how to use it.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

He's finished in the NBA, a less than average player that keeps running afoul of the law.

Comment

He's finished in the NBA, a less than average player that keeps running afoul of the law.
                          You really think he's done in the NBA, at 24 years of age? I clearly don't think so.

Comment

He's not less than average. He's just an idiot that's all, he has the talent to be a perennial all star but he doesn't have a brain soo that's kind of out the window now.

Comment

why not throw one of the 'old' dogs on the Canadian National team and sign them to the 15th spot... Levon Kendall or Leo R?

Comment

Seriously guys, Michael Beasley, this would give us a pretty good rotation!

Valanciunas/Gray
                                Johnson/Hansbrough/Acy
                                Gay/Novak/Beasley/Novak
                                DeRozan/Ross/Fields
                                Lowry/Augustin/Buycks

A lot of the forwards can play both spots

Comment

Working...
                                X