Grantand's NBA trade value top 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grantand's NBA trade value top 50

Funny read but it got me thinking. Should AB be on this list? All of the top 20 scorers are on it (except #6...AB). What do you think? I don't think he makes the most valuable list just because a lot of people really want him traded (here's looking at you Tim W). But wouldn't some teams really value this guy? At least once they failed to get the other 49?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...e-value-part-1

LOL Bargnani is #7 Dude.

EDIT : Bargnani is listed as an honorable mention.

1.Here's the honorable honorable mention: Mike Conley (what were the odds Conley would be a better pro career than Greg Oden in 2007?); Brandon Jennings and Jrue Holiday (both young and hungry); DeAndre Jordan and Omer Asik (you always need centers); and Granger and Andrea Bargnani (good starters getting paid like signature guys
    Last edited by pesterm1; Sat Mar 10, 2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Bargnani's been injured all year. Why the hell would he have ANY trade value?

If he were playing all year, he'd be in there I'm sure.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
        LOL Bargnani is #7 Dude.

EDIT : Bargnani is listed as an honorable mention.

1.Here's the honorable honorable mention: Mike Conley (what were the odds Conley would be a better pro career than Greg Oden in 2007?); Brandon Jennings and Jrue Holiday (both young and hungry); DeAndre Jordan and Omer Asik (you always need centers); and Granger and Andrea Bargnani (good starters getting paid like signature guys
        Help me here. I think I provided the right link but I can't find that quote anywhere. If you're right, I have to unsend the rant I sent to Simmons

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Bargnani's been injured all year. Why the hell would he have ANY trade value?

If he were playing all year, he'd be in there I'm sure.
          Eric Gordon (2 games) and Brook Lopez (5 games) are in. Admittedly, bargnani may not be exactly at their level but a full season does not seem to be a prerequisite. Not being a fanboy, just tossing it out for discussion.

Comment

Bill Simmons slights the Raps? No news here.

Dude is a shithead. How many of his articles involve him taking back a ludicrous statement that he has since changed his mind about? It seems like that happens in every one i've ever read. He deals only in hyperbole and it gets old really fast

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Eric Gordon (2 games) and Brook Lopez (5 games) are in. Admittedly, bargnani may not be exactly at their level but a full season does not seem to be a prerequisite. Not being a fanboy, just tossing it out for discussion.
              Great point. Didn't read the list that thoroughly.
              I would actually argue that Bargnani should be around the same level as Lopez.

Comment

He's a self admitted homer, but Pierce for George and it being a good deal for both teams is pretty stupid
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

he's better than lopez. Lopez is just overrated by the retard nba analysts

Comment

Brook Lopez rebounding statistics are awful this year. Yes, it's a tiny sample size (5 games) but considering his offensive statistics are in line with his typical production, it's ... worrisome.

I think he would make a very good PF next to Dwight Howard, a scenario which may happen next season.

Comment

Lopez isn't in the top 50 guys, just look at the article for more than 10 seconds...

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        Lopez isn't in the top 50 guys, just look at the article for more than 10 seconds...
                        I was lied to?! Damnit.

I looked through it initially, but not looking for anyone in particular.
                        Because its Grantland ... and I don't even know what that is. haha

Comment

Brook is in the honorable mentions. I was including that group as well as AB didn't make the cut there either. That took me at least 11seconds to see

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Brook is in the honorable mentions. I was including that group as well as AB didn't make the cut there either. That took me at least 11seconds to see
                            But Bargs did make the Honorable mentions...

Comment

But Bargs did make the Honorable mentions...
                              simmons included bargs as one of the guys who just missed the cut for honourable mentions.
                              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X