X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wish Toronto still had Calderon

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
      Tbh I'd rather have a playmaking PG who can defend. We don't really need a scoring PG on this team.
      I looked at his per36 stats and his assists are very similar to most starting pg's in the league, and only one less than Jose Calderon's last year. He does take ill-advised shots, but I think people confuse this with a shoot-first, ball hog mentality.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
        A guy who looses his starting job whereever he goes is not, and never was a top 10 PG. He's our pg, we like him, we're optimistic, we cheer for him, but lets call it how it is.
        A guy who lost his spot to Jose Calderon (due to injury) and Jeremy Lin (due to unwarranted hype)? Can't say that's a valid argument.

Top-10 PG is debatable, I agree. But my point is that Lowry should have a good year

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          A guy who lost his spot to Jose Calderon (due to injury) and Jeremy Lin (due to unwarranted hype)? Can't say that's a valid argument.

Top-10 PG is debatable, I agree. But my point is that Lowry should have a good year
          He got injured and healed and couldn't get his spot back until Jose was traded, not because of injury, because the other 14 guys played better with Jose leading them.
          He didn't loose his starting spot to Jeremy Lin, he lost it to Dragic, nothing to do with Hype. They got Lin because they were already fed up with Lowry and wanted to get rid of him even after he apologized, even after they lost Dragic.

Comment

I sometimes think people just don't understand Basketball. Just yesterday we were talking about a scouts assessment of Lowry that was sadly bang on. This is why stats are often a bit misleading. Lowry might have similar numbers to calderon, however he gets them in a different way. He rarely, and I mean NEVER gets his guys going, doesnt establish the post, doesn't make smart plays, and doesn't play good team defense. He is a prototypical AND1 player (me first, all show and no go, rather look good and lose than look bad and win). All those cliches. Calderon, if he was an average defender on ball, would be respected in the league as an elite PG in the "team leader" category. He plays the position for the most part, better. Guys always talk about liking playing with him.

It isn't like Lowry is a bad dude, I'm sure he's a good guy, but, I'm sorry, he has yet to show me that he knows how to play the PG position at a high level in the NBA.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
              He got injured and healed and couldn't get his spot back until Jose was traded, not because of injury, because the other 14 guys played better with Jose leading them.
              He didn't loose his starting spot to Jeremy Lin, he lost it to Dragic, nothing to do with Hype. They got Lin because they were already fed up with Lowry and wanted to get rid of him even after he apologized, even after they lost Dragic.
              Do you think Lowry's situation in Houston had more to do with his on-court abilities, or his off-court issues with McHale?

Comment

I think his off court issues with McHale had EVERYTHING to do with his on-court ablilities.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  I think his off court issues with McHale had EVERYTHING to do with his on-court ablilities.
                  Yup, that's possible. Now coming full circle back to Toronto, if Lowry has mended his allegedly vulnerable relationship with Casey, would that be another reason to expect an improvement on last year's performance?

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    I just wish Toronto still had Calderon
                    His abilities would be good but we need a PG that can stay infront of opposing PGs... JV still isnt that anchor defensively to stop blow bys.

Comment

What would anyone think of a Lowry for Dragic deal?
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        I'd do that in a heartbeat.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

If you are keeping DD/Gay then yes.

If not, no.

Waste of cap space as he is too old to be a part of something in a couple years.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            If you are keeping DD/Gay then yes.

If not, no.

Waste of cap space as he is too old to be a part of something in a couple years.
                            He is only 27/28, he would be good for the duration of his contract....
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think the Suns would give up on Dragic because they have Bledsoe.. I don't know why they would want Lowry though. I do think a trade of Gay for Dragic/Gortat would work (sweeteners could be added on either side). Gortat is an expiring and will be in demand around the deadline. Dragic would be a sideways move from Lowry but has a longer contract and would be easier to shop in the offseason if he can't be considered a core player. If a trade like that was done then Lowry would have to be moved to anyteam that needs PG depth. OKC comes to mind with Westbrook out for awhile.

Comment

He is only 27/28, he would be good for the duration of his contract....
                                But if you end of drafting a PG he is a waste of cap space and playing time.... essentially the same situation Phoenix is in right now with Bledsoe.

Dragic would be a good fit if you are staying the course in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X