Barkley: "Chris Bosh is the Most Underrated Player in the NBA."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barkley: "Chris Bosh is the Most Underrated Player in the NBA."

I guess during last night's telecast of the All-Star game Charles went on the record by stating that Bosh is the most underrated player in the NBA right now. I'm pretty sure about a year ago or so Chuck was one of the ones who was very critical of Bosh (like most Raptors fans), but given the improvement Chris has made to his game this season, do think Barkley comment is an accurate one this year?

Discuss.

Not just saying this as a Bosh/Raptor fan, but I tend to agree with him on this one. His body of work speaks for itself as he gets better every season(I don't buy he's only doing well this season because it's a contrct year). Another player I'd have to mention is Monta Ellis. How did he not make the All-Star team? Yes he plays for a weak team but his numbers are great night-in night-out.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      I guess during last night's telecast of the All-Star game Charles went on the record by stating that Bosh is the most underrated player in the NBA right now. I'm pretty sure about a year ago or so Chuck was one of the ones who was very critical of Bosh (like most Raptors fans), but given the improvement Chris has made to his game this season, do think Barkley comment is an accurate one this year?

Discuss.
      If I recall correctly, ESPN, NBA TV and TNT have had only one Raptors game on all season. Who knows when Barkley last saw CB4 play? Maybe in college?

So Barkley was surprised how good CB4 was because he hasn't seen him play. So in Barkley's mind CB4 is underrated . Yes CB4 is underrated fro those that haven't seen him play this year. But to Raptors fans CB4 still needs to bring home the bacon this April, May and maybe even June to prove he is a Max contract player that BC will make him.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I disagree with the "underated" tag, as anyone with basketball knowledge realizes Bosh is a fantastic player. However, the media definitly doesn't show Bosh any love outside of Toronto, and this is why he's percieved in that light.

Comment

Lucamacus wrote: View Post
          I disagree with the "underated" tag, as anyone with basketball knowledge realizes Bosh is a fantastic player. However, the media definitly doesn't show Bosh any love outside of Toronto, and this is why he's percieved in that light.
          Not only doesn't the media show CB4 any love outside of Canada but they don't even show him period!!
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Lucamacus wrote: View Post
            Well, that's why he's underrated. Most people i the US are simply not aware of how well he is playing this year. You can be underrated and still have a lot of fans.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

As a media personality on the Barkley has achieved buffoon status. He does and says things (not limited to basketball) that makes me question his judgement when it comes to bb issues.

That said, CB is underrated...but by whom...media types or those he plays against or see him very often?

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                So Barkley was surprised how good CB4 was because he hasn't seen him play. So in Barkley's mind CB4 is underrated . Yes CB4 is underrated fro those that haven't seen him play this year. But to Raptors fans CB4 still needs to bring home the bacon this April, May and maybe even June to prove he is a Max contract player that BC will make him.
                Really?! Are we still debating whether CB is a max player? I think his play over the years, especially this season has proven that he is a max player.

Anyways, here's another commentator remarking how Bosh is one of the most underrated players in the NBA:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...s=iref:nbahpt2

Pay attention during play #9.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Not just saying this as a Bosh/Raptor fan, but I tend to agree with him on this one. His body of work speaks for itself as he gets better every season(I don't buy he's only doing well this season because it's a contrct year). Another player I'd have to mention is Monta Ellis. How did he not make the All-Star team? Yes he plays for a weak team but his numbers are great night-in night-out.
                  Because he would barely average 15 pts on a team that plays at an average pace (e.g. Utah).

Seriously, Ellis is the prime example of Nellie ball stats-inflation.

Comment

I love Barkley's commentating and thoughts on the TNT broadcasts. I may not always agree with him, but he's the most awesome analyst because he always speaks his mind and is a fun personality. I definitely agree with him about Bosh being the most underrated, because yes, the US media never talks about the Raps and so most casual fans have no idea just how good Bosh is. Also, the guy that said Monta Ellis should be an all-star - LOL!!!
                    http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Why did it have to be Barkley?
                      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Chris Bosh won't be much longer. Soon it will be Andrea Bargnani and after that maybe DeMar? No one down there knows what's going on up here LOL.

Comment

Working...
                        X