Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I love dreaming about being able to get CP3, and get rid of Calderon and Hedo. Then we get to keep Bosh, because he will be excited to be on a team that has CP3. Then we also manage to get a healthy Yao Ming in exchange for Bargnani, or we get to keep Bargnani, but only bring him in off the bench.

But sadly, these are pipe-dreams. Now we are talking contender:

CP3 / Jack
    DeRozan (oh, he has gotten much better in the offseason btw) / Belinelli (sure, why not?)
    Weems / Wright
    Bosh / Johnson
    Yao / Johnson
    Last edited by verbatim; Sat Apr 17, 2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Oh, if we somehow managed to get CP3, we would have to trade Turk. You think Jose likes to have the ball on offence? You ain't seen nothing until you see CP3 go to work.

Comment

We aren't getting CP3. It is far more likely we send Bosh to New Orleans then CP3 getting sent to Toronto. I think New Orleans could be a solid trading partner for Toronto in a CB4 sign and trade scenario. In return for Bosh Toronto could get a package centered around Darren Collison and New Orleans lottery pick Junes draft.

Collison, Demar, Sonny, Marco, Andrea, Amir, and two first round picks in this draft. That would give Toronto 8 players all under the age of 25, all legitimate rotation players in the NBA. You also have Demar, Andrea, and Collison, all with potential to average 20 points a game.

Obviously New Orleans does this because they get arguably the best power forward in the NBA to play with arguably the best point guard in the NBA. The addition of Bosh gives Chris Paul incentive to resign in 2012.
        I Am Shutup

Comment

Collison would be interesting but I don't see how he will improve the Raptors defense. Triano has stated he would like the Raptors to get to at least 15th statistically on defense. (I think that is a very good goal) Adding Collison would not help make that happen.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Collison would be interesting but I don't see how he will improve the Raptors defense. Triano has stated he would like the Raptors to get to at least 15th statistically on defense. (I think that is a very good goal) Adding Collison would not help make that happen.
            I know what would make it happen, getting rid of Triano.....

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              It wouldn't make it happen, not by itself. But it would certainly help, especially if results in another deal in which Toronto trades Jose. Calderon is Toronto's worst defender, Collison is actually a pretty good defender at the PG position. It won't fix everything, but it would be a very good start.

TIm W. wrote: View Post
              Exactly HOW would Bargnani be more effective at the 4? He'd be playing against more mobile players that would be more able to guard him on the perimeter. And he'd have more trouble guarding them, as well.
              Bargs has been guarded by power forwards all year long. I would say in about 95% of the time when Bargs and Bosh were on the floor together, Bosh was guarded by the opposing teams center, and Bargs was guarded by the opposing teams power forward. So I don't think the move to the PF spot would hurt Bargs on offense. On defense I am not so sure. On one hand Bargs was once thought to have the quickness to guard small forwards, so guarding mobile power forwards shouldn't be to tough. But we haven't been able to see a lot of Bargs guarding power forwards this year, so it is a bit of a question mark. Personally, I feel he could make the adjustment pretty easily.
              I Am Shutup

Comment

BC get it done!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2do32bt

This trade would make raptors an instant contender. In the end it all depends if NO is ok with letting Paul go who most likely will leave in 2 years. They can start with collison/thorton/derozan/west/andrea. This group has young core and with further addition can get better bla bla bla...

ok so with the link above (trades)
                raptors will look like this

starting

paul
                Iguodala
                George (draft with 13th)
                Bosh
                Okafor

Bench

Jack
                Weems
                FA
                Amir (resign)
                Whiteside (3 million to buy a pick, chicago and boston are interested in trading their picks to further free their cap space)

Shall we begin?

After raptos trade for paul and yes Okafor. They can try trading for Andre Iguodala since 76ers are pretty much drafting evans.

Reasons why NO should do this trade.
                - They get 3 expiring contracts in Evans/banks/beli..(potential) = financial relief
                - They get great upside players in Derozan and Andrea to play along their young core
                - Might as well get great potential now as to lsing him for nothing.

76ers will do the trade because they can use a guy like Turk and the raptors can also give thm future first round pick (I like weems so its best if we keep him cuz of his upside).
                Also because Hedo is a point forward and is different from turner and Young.
                So therefore they can all co-exist.

IMO with these moves Bosh will quickly resign with raptors and boys we have ourselves a team that can easily compete and beat LA and other top teams in the league.
                Last edited by Raptors; Wed Jun 23, 2010, 07:05 PM.

Comment

MattyG-Ray wrote: View Post
                  Bargs has been guarded by power forwards all year long. I would say in about 95% of the time when Bargs and Bosh were on the floor together, Bosh was guarded by the opposing teams center, and Bargs was guarded by the opposing teams power forward. So I don't think the move to the PF spot would hurt Bargs on offense. On defense I am not so sure. On one hand Bargs was once thought to have the quickness to guard small forwards, so guarding mobile power forwards shouldn't be to tough. But we haven't been able to see a lot of Bargs guarding power forwards this year, so it is a bit of a question mark. Personally, I feel he could make the adjustment pretty easily.
                  You fail to make the case why Bargnani would be more effective at the four. Just as effective. Everyone is taking about how Bargnani plays out of position and that he'd be more effective at the four. No one has given a reasonable explanation why.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    You fail to make the case why Bargnani would be more effective at the four. Just as effective. Everyone is taking about how Bargnani plays out of position and that he'd be more effective at the four. No one has given a reasonable explanation why.
                    I don't see anything changing really on the offensive side, except perhaps higher totals balanced by poorer efficiency. On the defensive side, I think his man defense has been good, but he'll have a harder time guarding opposing 4s. Unless they add someone like Aldrich, I can definitely see Bargnani still guarding opposing 5s. Label is irrelevant when coaches match people up by skillset (or lack thereof).

Comment

Working...
                    X