Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    is it just me or was there a bit of a difference in AB's defense last night possibly because of the fact that he now has someone to live up to?
    I don't think it's "living up to"... more like he realizes he has to try and be a "mentor" to Jonas.

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
      I don't think it's "living up to"... more like he realizes he has to try and be a "mentor" to Jonas.

great chisholm quote. haha but it is nice to see bargs give a shit about the young guys

Comment

• Some people still don't understand the things Bargnani does well on defense. Some of these things that he does well are the precisely the things that Valanciunus has gotten a lot of fouls for last year (and in the Olympics).

Comment

• Casey on Bargnani:

“I’m going to push him and pull him as much as I can,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. “But it’s up to Andrea. The talent is there. He’s the only guy that can pull it out from himself. I think every method in the world, every scenario has been played for him for this organization.
          The bolded part is subtle, yet telling. Like Eric Koreen is suggesting could this be Bargnani's make-or-break year in Toronto?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...-with-raptors/

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Casey on Bargnani:

The bolded part is subtle, yet telling. Like Eric Koreen is suggesting could this be Bargnani's make-or-break year in Toronto?

That is very interesting. Casey has always been extremely optimistic talking about Bargnani. That quote, if not taken out of context, is not very optimistic.

I do hope this is the make or break season with Bargnani. I have been a big fan, deserter, big fan again, and now I'm becoming indifferent if not tired - actually maybe tired is a much better word.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Casey on Bargnani:

I've always been a Bargnani supporter, but I could easily see this year being a make-or-break year for him, with both Casey and BC. I think Bargnani and DeRozan both have lots to prove, otherwise they could both be substantial trade chips in the offseason (possibly at the deadline, but less likely IMO).

This could be the season and ensuing offseason where we see BC finally make some serious moves to turn the team from rebuilding/building/treadmill into a contender. If Valanciunas and Lowry prove themselves to be what everybody expects them to be, and the combination of Ross & Fields prove themselves to provide strength/depth at the SG position, than that is 3/5 starting spots and 4/6 top rotation players set. I could see BC making some significant moves to trade DeRozan & Bargnani (and Davis) to address the starting SF position. I could even see him completely blowing up the PF position (Bargnani, Amir, Davis, Acy) and pursuing a strong defensive/rebounding PF via trade or free agency, as that would complement a lineup of Valanciunas, star scoring SF, Fields/Ross and Lowry.

This is the first time where I sense that big changes could be in store for this team, with regards to some long-standing players (ie: Calderon, Bargnani and DeRozan), especially if some of the new and/or young guys prove themselves this season.

Comment

• This got overlooked on Wednesday, probably because of Val's offensive foul.

Comment

• I can't seem to edit the earlier post, so here's the link:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...SBLOCK-2251828

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I've always been a Bargnani supporter, but I could easily see this year being a make-or-break year for him, with both Casey and BC. I think Bargnani and DeRozan both have lots to prove, otherwise they could both be substantial trade chips in the offseason (possibly at the deadline, but less likely IMO).

This could be the season and ensuing offseason where we see BC finally make some serious moves to turn the team from rebuilding/building/treadmill into a contender. If Valanciunas and Lowry prove themselves to be what everybody expects them to be, and the combination of Ross & Fields prove themselves to provide strength/depth at the SG position, than that is 3/5 starting spots and 4/6 top rotation players set. I could see BC making some significant moves to trade DeRozan & Bargnani (and Davis) to address the starting SF position. I could even see him completely blowing up the PF position (Bargnani, Amir, Davis, Acy) and pursuing a strong defensive/rebounding PF via trade or free agency, as that would complement a lineup of Valanciunas, star scoring SF, Fields/Ross and Lowry.

This is the first time where I sense that big changes could be in store for this team, with regards to some long-standing players (ie: Calderon, Bargnani and DeRozan), especially if some of the new and/or young guys prove themselves this season.
                    And so it should be. What have the Raps actually done with these players in key roles?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      And so it should be. What have the Raps actually done with these players in key roles?
                      Very true. In the case of DeRozan and Bargnani (and Davis too) they always had the "young with potential" argument to fall back on. This year, however, they have a much improved roster, each player is healthy and still the focal point, plus they have had a full training camp after getting familiar with their new coach last season... I see little room for further excuses.

The key additions of Lowry, Fields, Valanciunas and Ross, along with DeRozan's expiring contract and the looming arrival of the new CBA, are all coming together in a sort of perfect storm for BC to get aggressive at the deadline and next offseason, assuming he gets extended.

Comment

• And so far in the pre-season, even though he has been struggling offensively, his defence has looked fine. [Eric Koreen]

“That’s evidence of growth, because there are going to be nights where teams take you out of what you want to do,” Casey said. “But you still have to give it to us defensively and also rebounding. Andrea’s done that. That’s where his growth is. But we need him on both ends. We need him offensively because we’re going to go as far as he takes us.”

Comment

• Found this video on realgm.. by a poster who apparently hates Bargnani:

... of course the video was edited to make a point, however it's disheartening to see Bargnani's lack of effort in situations, when you can see JV busting his ass in the same take. It is preseason, and Bargnani is the only guy guaranteed a starting spot, which could be why he's playing the way he is - at least I hope that's the case.

Comment

• Hahahahahaaaaa! That video was downright hysterical! I've seen grade school players with a firmer understanding of weak-side defence.

Comment

• i'm not ready to give up on DeRozan just yet. Bargnani on the other hand, i am. If he doesn't play like an all star then get can gtfo.

Comment

• I wish Derozan had played as well as Bargnani tonight. Would have spanked the Knicks by 20 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X