No announcement yet.

JV gets love Tross gets snub... why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we'll see more of Ross as the season goes on. These first two games have been against top Eastern teams, and as skilled as Ross may be potentially, he's still a bit undersized and raw. JV, and Ross may both be rookies, but JV is still the more overall exerienced player, especially in terms of high level competition. We shouldnt look past the fact that JV is essentially a #2 level pick and TRoss is a #11-12 that went #8. I think we'll see more of Ross as we play more of the weaker teams and the matchups are more favourable for a rookie. There was much talk of TRoss being more the future than DeMar, but I think the new contract tells us that DeMar is the now and TRoss's development isn't going to be rushed.

Comment

I didn't read all the comments but here it goes.

two rookies in a starting lineup = bad idea.

Either JV starts or Ross...they picked JV...I would too.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

In most of his preseason burn he looked lost and in over his head. He needs some weight and a better understanding of how to use his tools. Summer league doesn't mean a thing (otherwise DD would be all NBA and no one would be worried about his contract). Ross, at this point, hasn't shown a single reason as to why he should get minutes.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

I don't think anyone is saying start TRoss. I think the problem people have is he played like 6 minutes in the first game and didn't touch the floor last night.

I think he should get minutes tonight on the second night of a back to back.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

TROSS got 6 mins in two games.

I don't think anyone expects him to start now just needs some run.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
              TROSS got 6 mins in two games.

I don't think anyone expects him to start now just needs some run.
              The fact that he didn't get any run against two of the better teams in the east just means he didn't get a chance to get discouraged playing against better players. Right now is playing against better players every day in practice. Casey will give him some time when he is less likely to come out of a game discouraged, and with less confidence than when he went in.

Comment

Free Ross
                Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Sun Nov 4, 2012, 03:56 PM.
                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

T Ross should be our James Harden. Fuck playing pylon Calderon at the 2 guard, let T Rex tear it up and nail some triples. T Ross is too good to be sitting on the bench.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                    I could be drinking the cool aid on this one but I actually think:
                    - DeMar has upside
                    - he will continue to improve
                    - the last 2 years of his contract could be GREAT value
                    - he won't fizzle now that he has made money and will get an even bigger contract after this one
                    Or I can say the exact opposite of what you stated. Not disagreeing with you but the opposite is just as or perhaps more likely. We don't know.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                      Free ross
                      I'm confident that a trade involving Calderon will be the only way to facilitate TRoss getting some burn. It will happen sooner rather than later.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        T Ross should be our James Harden. Fuck playing pylon Calderon at the 2 guard, let T Rex tear it up and nail some triples. T Ross is too good to be sitting on the bench.
                        you keep saying he'll tear it up and nail 3's and all kinds of Kool Aid hype but he hasn't done anything in preseason to believe this. It's early in his career so I'm not saying he's a bust but at the moment (judging from preseason and the 6 minutes he spent impersonating a fan chosen randomly from the crowd in the opener) he's not shown an ability to nail anything but the rim nor tear anything up other than offensive sets.

I want to see him play, I really do. I just don't know where all this love is coming from.

I can't even begin to believe you put Ross and Harden in the same sentence.
                        Last edited by minks77; Sun Nov 4, 2012, 04:21 PM.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

He will get some burn tonight cause of the back to back
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

he's had 5 min so far. 0-3, forcing the issue, sloppy passing and 3 fouls and got stuffed. needs to relax and let the game come to him.
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                              you keep saying he'll tear it up and nail 3's and all kinds of Kool Aid hype but he hasn't done anything in preseason to believe this. It's early in his career so I'm not saying he's a bust but at the moment (judging from preseason and the 6 minutes he spent impersonating a fan chosen randomly from the crowd in the opener) he's not shown an ability to nail anything but the rim nor tear anything up other than offensive sets.

I want to see him play, I really do. I just don't know where all this love is coming from.

I can't even begin to believe you put Ross and Harden in the same sentence.
                              You need to calm your ass down. All i said was he might play a james harden type role. Which is pretty much a top notch 6th man. Whats wrong with a little optimism? I don't give a shit about preseason. Anyone could play well in preseason and end up being shit. I have high hopes for T Ross so i'm going to keep hyping him up, you say what you want and i'll say what i want.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                You need to calm your ass down. All i said was he might play a james harden type role. Which is pretty much a top notch 6th man. Whats wrong with a little optimism? I don't give a shit about preseason. Anyone could play well in preseason and end up being shit. I have high hopes for T Ross so i'm going to keep hyping him up, you say what you want and i'll say what i want.
                                People can't take you seriously when you are so over the top all the time. The truth is he hasn't shown anything at this level of play yet. Why give him 20 minutes and a chance to shoot the Raps into a loss, just to find out if he can suddenly throw a switch and start playing better when the "playing time clock" hits 15 minutes?

Comment

Working...
                                X