Bargs admits to team's woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Nice to see Bargnani thinks what everyone else is asking.

The cynic in me cannot ignore the, "....the first thing youthink is to shop your best player." I don't think he is the best player on the team.
    And this is exactly why the team sucks, not because Bargnani thinks he is the team's best player, but because management believes that Bargnani is the team's best player. Why would Bargnani assume that? Because Casey runs almost everything through him. Thats why even with a 2-19 performance, he is still in the game because most of the plays are set for him. Whether we fans like or not, Bargnani is the heralded franchise player, its been fairly obvious the past few years, unless you're living under a rock.

He can admit all the woes all he wants, what matters now is if he's going to do something about it. the problem is he's going 29% off the field and still only having 2-3 asts per game. If he realizes his struggles, he should pass more, set up teammates.

The best thing that ive read in this article is that he's heard rumors about him being traded. I want that to light a fire under his butt, not for the team, but for the sake of him getting more value in a trade.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
      Lowry would be ahead yes but not as much as a dive would deserve. Matt put the hate aside for a second and remember Lowry's ability to involve others then himself, shot selection and constantly getting burned defensively from gambling like an addict.

Demar will be better yes but today he is not. Look no further then games with defensive stoppers (Tony Allen, Sefolosa, Brewer, Iggy) to completely make Demar invisable. He's grown a ton and yes he's been outstanding on the boards but he can be kept in check. Andrea offensively misses shots and his selection is questionable at best but he isn't shut down like Demar is. Andrea beats himself while Demar simply gets bullied (Most frustrating part of Andrea's game IMO). They are both poor playmakers for others and defensively Dre is defenitely better at keeping his man in check. I fully expect Demar to surpass him next year but today he's not.

This is why our record is so poor simply because the overall talent on this team is not good enough. I'm a die heart fan, watch every game and have had been fooled by BC many times. Fact of the matter is they just aren't good enough if Andrea is in the conversation for "best player" and unfortunately today I see him as the second best behind Lowry.
      There is no hate in my analysis of Bargnani.

Hate is a result of the analysis.

**Hate is used for Andrea's game, not talking about him as a person, hate would just be psychotic then**

I respectfully agree to disagree that Bargnani is a better player than Lowry or DeRozan. This discussion for me has 'better player' meaning contributes more to winning. There is no question Bargnani's skills are phenomenal but skills don't win games without heart, hustle, and desire.

Comment

He is what he is. All past arguments were of the idea of what he could be. He showed what he could be but decides to return to what he is. See you, Andrea.

He is one-dimensional who of late is half-dimensional.
        Yeah. Ive given up on the "what if Bargnani is traded and he becomes a beast".

Well, great for him. Unfortunately, he can never be a beast with this team. Maybe beside Duncan or Howard, but here, he's only going to be a beast beside beauty. hahaha ouch, that was corny.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
          Yeah. Ive given up on the "what if Bargnani is traded and he becomes a beast".

Well, great for him. Unfortunately, he can never be a beast with this team. Maybe beside Duncan or Howard, but here, he's only going to be a beast beside beauty. hahaha ouch, that was corny.
          lol - corny indeed but point taken.

I've accepted Bargnani most likely will be a beast elsewhere but after 7 years I don't give a flying poop because it is not going to happen here.

Comment

bargs career stats in 30.6 min a game he has avg 15.5 ppg on .438% shooting 4.9 rpg 1.3 apg 0.9bpg 1.69 turn overs and 2.64 fouls while shooting .364 from deep. this is the best raptor we have had for the last 4 years. (sad i know) our previous ownership allowed this to happen by asking our gm to put a playoff team together without allowing him to spend the money needed. you can not blame bargs because the fan base believed he would be something he's not, and never will be. i could easily argue that if he was on a better team that was properly constructed his stats would be a lot better. unfortunately a good player (bargs) was asked to be something he's not. and the fans were constantly reminded that he is the face of the franchise and now we all want him traded. he is being paid 10 mil this year but you all expect him to perform as if hes making 18-20 million. its so absurd, i think his contract is very fair ( other then the start of the season of course, but you pay 10 million for a 7 foot scorer who for the first time in his life didn't play basketball all summer, and has a slow start to the year and everyone says trade him. i just dont get it)

Comment

lol - corny indeed but point taken.

I've accepted Bargnani most likely will be a beast elsewhere but after 7 years I don't give a flying poop because it is not going to happen here.
              hahahaha ive never seen flying poop.

Comment

Agunn wrote: View Post
                bargs career stats in 30.6 min a game he has avg 15.5 ppg on .438% shooting 4.9 rpg 1.3 apg 0.9bpg 1.69 turn overs and 2.64 fouls while shooting .364 from deep. this is the best raptor we have had for the last 4 years. (sad i know) our previous ownership allowed this to happen by asking our gm to put a playoff team together without allowing him to spend the money needed. you can not blame bargs because the fan base believed he would be something he's not, and never will be. i could easily argue that if he was on a better team that was properly constructed his stats would be a lot better. unfortunately a good player (bargs) was asked to be something he's not. and the fans were constantly reminded that he is the face of the franchise and now we all want him traded. he is being paid 10 mil this year but you all expect him to perform as if hes making 18-20 million. its so absurd, i think his contract is very fair ( other then the start of the season of course, but you pay 10 million for a 7 foot scorer who for the first time in his life didn't play basketball all summer, and has a slow start to the year and everyone says trade him. i just dont get it)
                I agree with this. And just to be clear, i am not blaming Bargnani. Im blaming management. But unfortunately. you cannot trade management. so you trade the player, and let management rework the team to get players that will fit the system and the culture that the team is trying to achieve. Bargnani is not that. Bargnani does not belong with the Raptors, why continue to force something that will not work?

Like i said before, Jamal Crawford is a perfect example. The guy is a guard yet he averages 1-2 asts per game. he averages 1.2 rebs a game. but nobody's asking for his head. the guy is revered. because teams that he's been in, have expected him to only score. no coach subs him in and tells him, pass the ball, create plays, stop Kobe. unfortunately for bargnani, with the raps, he is expected to do more than just score. hopefully the next team he ends up with, he scores 20pts with 1 reb and 1 ast and theyll be happy.

Comment

It's funny that the main thing people seem to have taken away from this article is that Bargnani thinks he's the best player on the team.

Comment

I wouldn't lean, I'd dive.

I would put Lowry and DeRozan both ahead of Bargnani. Anyone notice DeRozan is getting 5 rebs a game?

I could argue Calderon is better. Take out JV's rookie nights and he is better.
                    DeRozan is a top 10 rebounding guard in the league right now!

Comment

DD's rebounding is my favorite part of his development
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                        lmao at poo-nani thinking he is the best player.
                        POO-NANI !!!! LMFAO that right there sir is brilliant .....has me in tears

Comment

Does it even matter who the best player on the team is. The last time I checked you need multiple good players to have a winning team. Bargnani Derozan Lowry are all good peices. Our only problem is at small forward if Raptors can aquire a good sf we will solve a lot of the problems. Fields is not the answer unfortuntaly and that signing really set us back.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            DeRozan is a top 10 rebounding guard in the league right now!
                            enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            DD's rebounding is my favorite part of his development
                            If he could only show the hunger to go at the defensive stoppers(i.e Tony allen.Iggy,thabo sefolosha,etc) he would be an allstar this year plus if the team could win....sigh

Comment

"....One night I score 34 points, then just 4, then 21, again 4 and last game 23...."

it's called focus.

...and you need to maintain it, even while others around you lose theirs. As the teams captain/leader, it is even MORE crucial that Andrea is the one that is looked to as the example of this focus, instead of Andrea looking to his new teammates for the semblance of it.

I honestly did not like the tone of his words. It's like he is confused and looks far from a leader, lots of weakness in those words. He needs to put the jock strap on, and put in a full 40 minutes. There should be no confusion as to the resolution of this dilemma. You can only control yourself and come rain, shine or snow, you make sure you give 100%. There is no time to be confused about it.
                              Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Dec 5, 2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                                hahahaha ive never seen flying poop.
                                you know that 7 foot jerk wearing number 7 in raptor games? thats wat a flying poop looks like

hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                                X