GT: Raptors vs. Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different game. Same shit.

Warriors made their run when? 4th quarter when Jose was on the BENCH.

Casey can't afford to have Jose sitting on the bench in the 4th. He just can't . He's their best player and he's the one that makes this team goes offensively. Without him they're a mess. Way too many one on one.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• By the way, i wonder what Colangelo and Casey think of Harrison Barnes tonight?

Raptors couldve had him if they did their rebuild last year the right way. Right way means TANKING.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Different game. Same shit.

Casey can't afford to have Jose sitting on the bench in the 4th. He just can't . He's their best player and he's the one that makes this team goes offensively. Without him they're a mess. Way too many one on one.
        the worst was i think during the 3rd quarter with john lucas. everyone on the floor seemed completely confused.

Comment

• Calderon and Lucas were awful tonight, but lets face it it was the sheer lack of D that lost the game GSW usually wins on jumpers cause everyone on that team has range however if the welcome matt is laid out just go inside, the Raps just let them have so many layups.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Probably but I sure hope not. As the losses pile on, nothing gets easier either.

If the losses pile on then there is a stronger possibility this year's pick is kept due to 1-3 protections.... but I don't want to be betting on those odds.
            lol true.. man I hate having that pick hanging over us, especially with lowry not becoming the "point guard of the future"

Comment

• Thought Ross had a nice game. At times he looked to do some things other than take long jumpers. He was pretty active all around.

Comment

• Barnes only had a good game cause he Raps D was a joke. ross had a solid game doesn't get a lot of looks but he produces something. I dont know where you guys are getting the barnes is better than Ross thing from...

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  Barnes only had a good game cause he Raps D was a joke. ross had a solid game doesn't get a lot of looks but he produces something. I dont know where you guys are getting the barnes is better than Ross thing from...
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6619/terrence-ross
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6578/harrison-barnes

better across the board. plays 8 minutes more a game but still don't think ross would match it if he played 25 minutes

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6619/terrence-ross
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6578/harrison-barnes

better across the board. plays 8 minutes more a game but still don't think ross would match it if he played 25 minutes
                    Shooters are born and you dont just pick up a guy that can shoot like Ross, Barnes you can find someone like him in the league every year Not to knock him but I dont think hes going to be a special case. His Numbers are also better playing beside a guy like Curry, ross has to play alongside a chucking Anderson/Lucas Of course his numbers arent as good but skillset? Ross blows Barnes out of the water.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Shooters are born and you dont just pick up a guy that can shoot like Ross, Barnes you can find someone like him in the league every year Not to knock him but I dont think hes going to be a special case. His Numbers are also better playing beside a guy like Curry, ross has to play alongside a chucking Anderson/Lucas Of course his numbers arent as good but skillset? Ross blows Barnes out of the water.
                      barnes "shoots" better than ross. why wasn't he "born" a shooter? because he plays for the warriors? you don't think if we had of landed barnes he would be the better prospect? i'm not upset with ross. great pick, but still would have rather had barnes.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        By the way, i wonder what Colangelo and Casey think of Harrison Barnes tonight?

Raptors couldve had him if they did their rebuild last year the right way. Right way means TANKING.
                        Ross had a much better game than Barnes tonight. Ross defensively was great, and made use of the minutes and touches he got. He's efficient for a ROOKIE. Notice, I said rookie. He is also very confident, and a player I rarely ever cringe at whenever he touches the ball.
                        Barnes had a nasty dunk, probably two, top 5 dunks of the year. Ross is a better dunker.

Barnes has really good potential, but so does Ross. If the draft happened all over again, I believe Ross would be mocked higher, and possibly drafted higher.

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Different game. Same shit.

Calderon, Derozan, Gray. These guys were giving the Warriors some problems, and unfortunately, Casey waited far too long.
                        One reason why Casey does this - starting bench players- is obviously to rest the more effective players until the time where they will have the rest to close out the game. I, for one, do not agree with this. Start the effective players, and as soon as they start to wear out, bring in the sub, buy the player a minute or two, than get em' back in. Casey's management and rotations are as if he's coaching a middle school team, going back to a whole team shift.
                        Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 02:31 AM.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

Barnes has really good potential, but so does Ross. If the draft happened all over again, I believe Ross would be mocked higher, and possibly drafted higher.
                          can't agree with this. no way to go back and reset to challenge it but barnes has been rated as one of the top prospects for years before he was drafted. if ross had anywhere near that hype his pick at wouldn't have been so challenhed by everyone.

barnes plays on a winning team and is contributing to their winning. ross makes us hope we have a player. i give the edge to barnes again.

if we had the 6th pick who here would have chosen ross even now over barnes. i'm going barnes all the way.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            can't agree with this. no way to go back and reset to challenge it but barnes has been rated as one of the top prospects for years before he was drafted. if ross had anywhere near that hype his pick at wouldn't have been so challenhed by everyone.

barnes plays on a winning team and is contributing to their winning. ross makes us hope we have a player. i give the edge to barnes again.

if we had the 6th pick who here would have chosen ross even now over barnes. i'm going barnes all the way.
                            Very true, just making the point that Ross might have been mocked higher, and drafted higher than mocked (obviously drafted higher than mock, but considered a 'reach').

Although Barnes was rated very high as a prospect for years, Ross would probably have been as well had he played for a bigger program, or a school with a more coverage like Kentucky, UNC, UCLA, Duke, etc. I watched Washington quite a bit last year, and to say Ross isn't a special player is crazy. I questioned - many scouts questioned as well - his potential level. "Can this guy improve and become a much better player at the pro level?" He seemed to have already been a complete player at the college level, but once I started to see consistent minutes from this guy, the more he proves he will be something special in the future if he continues to develop.

Athletic, already a very good defender for a rookie, traditional all-around guard game (Handles, shooting, finishing). It's the polishing of his skills, the body strength, and experience he'll have to add to become that very player.

Yes, Barnes plays for a winning team, and contributing to their winning, but would Terrence Ross on the Warriors be anymore different?
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Terrence Ross doesnt big himself up like te other prospects and played for a bad college program so he was picked out of nowhere really. Ross is a guy you could tell is a basketball player but if you saw him in a crowd he would blend in with all the others until you see him play, he is a very quiet shy and unassuming person doesnt draw a lot of attention to himself his game really speaks for itself. The other rooks however are very much the opposite, no knock against Barnes but from what I have seen thus far Ross is a more complete player with brighter future hes playing with an awful 2nd unit and still providing decent numbers, a lot of his points he has to make himself off anderson misses or his own defense creating some offense, Barnes doesnt do that.

Comment

• Ross is a guy, which I could compare to Parker, but at the same time not really because he was drafted by Raptors so high. A guy, who wasn't projected to be even in top 15, but probably, lets hope will have similar career (not talking about rings, but why not? Not with Raps though)
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X