Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post

Rumour has it the Hawks want Jennings over Ellis, if at all possible..
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Chris Kaman to Lakers

There is so much movement this season it's difficult to hypothesize how well each team will do.

Comment

• Free Agent Fits For Toronto

Brandan Wright

The six-year, 6-foot-10 big man was drafted eighth overall by the Charlotte Bobcats in the 2007 draft. He has spent time with the Golden State Warriors, Brooklyn Nets and most recently, the Dallas Mavericks. Posting career averages of 6.6 points and 3.4 rebounds per game, the 25-year-old is coming off his strongest season thus far, averaging 8.5 points and 4.1 boards in 18 minutes per game. While the beginning of his career was plagued by injuries, Wright appeared in 64 games last season and would provide the team with size off the bench as well as a veteran presence. Over his career he has shot better than 57 per cent from the field, including 60 per cent last season.

Marreese Speights

Drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers with the 16th pick in 2008, Marreese Speights has proven his worth over his five NBA seasons. Listed at 6-foot-10, the big man is coming off a season that saw him average 10.2 points and 5.1 rebounds in just 18 minutes per game for the Cleveland Cavaliers after being traded from Memphis at the deadline. While he has served both starting and backup roles, he provides the kind of toughness a young team (with Jonas Valanciunas and Quincy Acy up front) could benefit from.

Tyler Hansbrough

Yes, he’s a pain to watch. Tyler Hansbrough is that kind of player you loathe playing against and love having on your team. His ability to annoy opponents and get under their skin is one of his greatest attributes. Just ask Valanciunas. While the Raptors big man is no fan of Hansbrough’s after the former Pacer tossed him to the ground in a pretty sketchy play last season, having a big man on the bench to do the dirty work isn’t ever a bad thing. With career averages of 8.9 points and 4.7 rebounds in under 20 minutes per game, Hansbrough is the guy you sign if you need someone to play the role of antagonist.

Rodrigue Beaubois

Yes, another Mavericks free agent here, but for just a moment, imagine Rodrigue Beaubois in a Raptors uniform. Like Wright, the French point guard has struggled through injuries in the first few years of his career, but has also shown flashes of brilliance. In addition to a career-high 40 points during his rookie season with the Mavericks, Beaubois is familiar with Dwane Casey, having played for him during Casey’s tenure as an assistant with the Mavs. A 6-foot-2 guard with an incredible 6-foot-9 wingspan, Beaubois has the sort of athleticism that makes you wonder what could become of him if given a real shot.
          Look at the rest here:http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-with-raptors/
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• I'd really like Hansbrough, and I'm sure Casey would as well

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              I'd really like Hansbrough, and I'm sure Casey would as well
              Yeah, Hansbrough would be an excellent pick up

Comment

• I hate Hansbrough so much!

If he's on another team...

Comment

• JL3 to Utah as backup PG

Trey Burke isn't ready, as can be seen in Summer League.

Mo hasn't been signed back up yet.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Tyler Hansborough eh.....been a while since we had a goon
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          Tyler Hansborough eh.....been a while since we had a goon
                          Reggie Evans

Comment

• Not a very good article; those guys won't add much if anything to the team; they are all below mediocre players.

Wright is not really size of the bench as he is a lightweight big. He's shooting that good because he only picks up points around the basket. Not that it's bad to shoot from around the basket, but it would help if players have some range, and he has never proven that. He's suspect on defense except against some good match-ups. He doesn't add anything.

Beaubois hasn't done anything since his rookie year except for the occassional game. And there certainly have been chances for him in Dallas. It's the kind of guy you'd only give a shot if he comes for a minimum salary.

Speights has been highly inconsistent and not very convincing when he got chances in Memphis due to injuries. His defense is very suspect. (Marginal) bench player at best if you want to go anywhere with your team. I used to be higher on him, but his defense is just too bad and his offense too inconsistent to compensate. I don't think there is much upside left.

And the other guy; blegh.

Comment

• Hansborough is a really terrible basketball players guys. i haven no idea why everyone here has such a boner for him.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                Hansborough is a really terrible basketball players guys. i haven no idea why everyone here has such a boner for him.
                                Because it's Toronto and the idea of "Tie Domi but for basketball" gives too many Toronto fans a woody.

Comment

Working...
                                X