CHI post game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHI post game

James Johnson is taking the Raps to the promised land! ha, not quite but good start nonetheless. No one can deny his size and physicality - I like it. Still wish we had the first round pick and him! 5 rebs, 3 blks, 6 FTA made 5, highlight dunk.

Bargnani and DD had 48 points between them. More impressive is the 8 assits between them - 4 each. More impressive again, 18/19 FT between them.

Amir was active as usual. Efficient game - 8 for 8, 3 blocks, 2 steals!

Jose played very well. Smart shots, 17dimes, 3 stls. Rose manhandled him late though getting to the rim at will. The only consolation for Jose is he does that to most PG's in the league.

I have to give Weems credit. Pretty good game offensively and played good possession vs. Rose at the end - still a bench player.

Why did Davis only play 12 minutes? 5 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk, 3 for 4.... oh, 5 fouls, nevermind.

Bayless probably played his worst game as a Raptor, IMO. Enough said on him. Hopefully he bounces back.

The biggest shock of the night: Andrea played both sides of the ball! He held his own on D. I think I actually saw him hedging on screens. Is this a one-night only show or is it to be continued?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Feb 23, 2011, 10:52 PM.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    James Johnson is taking the Raps to the promised land! ha, not quite but good start nonetheless. No one can deny his size and physicality - I like it. Still wish we had the first round pick and him! 5 rebs, 3 blks, 6 FTA made 5, highlight dunk.

Bargnani and DD had 48 points between them. More impressive is the 8 assits between them - 4 each. More impressive again, 18/19 FT between them.

Jose played very well. Smart shots, 17dimes, 3 stls. Rose manhandled him late though getting to the rim at will. The only consolation for Jose is he does that to most PG's in the league.

I have to give Weems credit. Pretty good game offensively and played good possession vs. Rose at the end - still a bench player.

Why did Davis only play 12 minutes? 5 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk, 3 for 4.... oh, 5 fouls, nevermind.

Bayless probably played his worst game as a Raptor, IMO. Enough said on him. Hopefully he bounces back.

The biggest shock of the night: Andrea played both sides of the ball! He held his own on D. I think I actually saw him hedging on screens. Is this a one-night only show or is it to be continued?
    Don't forget that Andrea had 8 defensive rebounds to go along with the other goodies.....and DeRozan going with the shot fake to draw a foul late and makes both at the stripe.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If the team played like this everynight we could have a pretty good team
      but of course we are plagued with injuries and inconsistincy
      Hopefully this continues, by i doubt it will

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
        If the team played like this everynight we could have a pretty good team
        but of course we are plagued with injuries and inconsistincy
        Hopefully this continues, by i doubt it will
        Unfortunately you are probably right as this has been the case all season. You've got to take the victories (moral ones included) when you can though.

Comment

looks like we have a promising defensive minded foward, its been awhile

Comment

South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
            looks like we have a promising defensive minded foward, its been awhile
            It will be interesting to see how he plays against other teams. Will he bring the same intensity? Did he have an advantage playing against these guys for 2 years? Not trying to be a buzz-kill but one game, as impressive as it was, is still one game.

Comment

Bargs

Truth is, Bargs was a volume shooter tonight. he needs to work on his shot. He is a good shooter, but he is no Dirk.

These are the frustrating nights because you see him do a whole bunch of things beyond just shooting the ball. He played pretty well all over the court tonight.

Johnson looks strong, but is he quick enough to guard the three?

Comment

EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
                Truth is, Bargs was a volume shooter tonight. he needs to work on his shot. He is a good shooter, but he is no Dirk.
                Take away the 4-5 missed shots on fouls and he is 50% for the night.
                Take away the deep, deep 3 with 2 left on shot clock and he is over 50% for the night.

Comment

Take away the deep, deep 3 with 2 left on shot clock and he is over 50% for the night.
                  However when comparing him to others they also get fouled so 50% is not so impressive. He continues to shoot a percentage like a 2 not a 5 OR a 4. That said if he continues to play hard and actually play D then great. Track record doesn't bear that out but hey it's a rebuild year.

Comment

I think that was the best game of the season for Demar. Made a ton of great plays and really came through at the end.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                      However when comparing him to others they also get fouled so 50% is not so impressive. He continues to shoot a percentage like a 2 not a 5 OR a 4. That said if he continues to play hard and actually play D then great. Track record doesn't bear that out but hey it's a rebuild year.
                      Good point.

I guess no matter what he does he will always do something wrong for a lot of Raps fans. It is a shame, really.

Personally, I thought he played very well this tonight and was a big part of the team's win.

Comment

I think he will go back to his normal self after the Trade deadline is over! lol

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                          I think he will go back to his normal self after the Trade deadline is over! lol
                          Sad but true! haha

Comment

No props needed!
                            Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

lmao, fg attempts when you get fouled and you miss aren't recorded.

Comment

Working...
                              X