No announcement yet.

My Letter to the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Armstrong went off on the officials and the league during Post up. It was beautiful. Good for Casey standing up for his team and calling out the hipocracy that is officiating in the NBA

Comment

If the nba doesn't respect us as a team, then why should we even be one. Lets just follow suit with Vancouver and move our entire organization along with Ed Davis to Memphis. The league doesn't deserve a Canadian team anyways. Hate to come off so overly patriotic but it's true.

Comment

phillythekid wrote: View Post
        I missed it, what did he say?
        He freaked out about the officiating in the post game interview, which is a no no, in Stern's NBA, he knows he will be fined but does not care. Feels the point needs to be made.

Comment

OptimusPrimo wrote: View Post
          If the nba doesn't respect us as a team, then why should we even be one. Lets just follow suit with Vancouver and move our entire organization along with Ed Davis to Memphis. The league doesn't deserve a Canadian team anyways. Hate to come off so overly patriotic but it's true.
          Why are you even here?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

can we get some links to any of this?
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Why are you even here?
              Just trying to make a point that, because the Raptors are Canadian and get no attention because of it, the nba thinks they can pull off this type of fraud without staining their reputation. I've just finally come to the realization after tonight that we never will get these calls so there's not point in trying. Sorry to rub you the wrong way.

Comment

Well this is why people need to start loosing their jobs over this.

...so far no one has, refs should be fined, if it costs them $ for missing calls, they will no longer miss calls. Game changing calls should be 5X the fine.

...and you always have access to the replay, if you are not sure.
                Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

OptimusPrimo wrote: View Post
                  Just trying to make a point that, because the Raptors are Canadian and get no attention because of it, the nba thinks they can pull off this type of fraud without staining their reputation. I've just finally come to the realization after tonight that we never will get these calls so there's not point in trying. Sorry to rub you the wrong way.
                  Yeah well, I hope you dont advocate that point of view. The Raptors are not bound to leave Toronto any time soon, and you would be doing all of Raptor Nation a disservice to even bring it up.

Comment

Yeah well, I hope you dont advocate that point of view. The Raptors are not bound to leave Toronto any time soon, and you would be doing all of Raptor Nation a disservice to even bring it up.
                    He's expressing an opinion. He has every right to do that, particularly considering how heinous the calls have been towards the Raptors this season. He's not saying the Raptors should leave but he is hinting that maybe there's an ethnocentric reason that Toronto doesn't get these calls. And there is enough evidence to have a legitimate conversation about this, whether you feel there is or not.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
                      He's expressing an opinion. He has every right to do that, particularly considering how heinous the calls have been towards the Raptors this season. He's not saying the Raptors should leave but he is hinting that maybe there's an ethnocentric reason that Toronto doesn't get these calls. And there is enough evidence to have a legitimate conversation about this, whether you feel there is or not.
                      Did you read his initial post?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        this is the first game I am pissed about refs
                        You cant put the game in someone elses hands. The raptors could not finish down the stretch and that was on them. There are 100 possessions in a game and it it ridiculous to put it on one. Focus on things you can control. Use the force. Jose Calderon is not walking through that door, Ed Davis is not walking through that door and Vince Carter is not walking through that door. We are going to get not one, not two, not three, not four apologies from this league.

Comment

Being a toronto native and strong supporter of the raptors who tries to do my part by attending as many games as I can, by no means to I endorse a relocation. I guess it was a bit over dramatic, but again, with us being the lone Canadian team in the legue, we will never get these calls even if we were a more relevant playoff team. It's just disappointing.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                            You cant put the game in someone elses hands. The raptors could not finish down the stretch and that was on them. There are 100 possessions in a game and it it ridiculous to put it on one. Focus on things you can control. Use the force. Jose Calderon is not walking through that door, Ed Davis is not walking through that door and Vince Carter is not walking through that door. We are going to get not one, not two, not three, not four apologies from this league.
                            Agreed and it is a fair point. in this instance though you have a team fighting illness and trade combined with the blatant noncall I can recall watching raps.

Comment

IMO there should be a rule change where a coach could throw in a flag if he thinks there was a missed call (like football), give a coach like two flags a game and this no-call nonesence would end right now

Comment

Take it like a man!

Raptor Fans get bent over again.... with no vaseline! Come on Refs! FOUL!

Okay... Recurring dream or did that really just happen again?!? Seriously wouldn't u like to mention your home team's name, cough, cough raps, cough... without quizzical looks from people? What can we do to gain the league respect? Will we always be that team? Or are we finally building the team for the long run?

I was a huge Drea fan but Jack Armstrong makes good points about how the league has gotten smaller. Where does the 7' Italian fit in that makes out with the ball before he knows what to do? Now the league is full of shooters & blocking out the paint isn't as important as guarding the perimeter. Drea argument before was he opens up the paint cause they have to respect his 3ball. Well in his absences the lane seems open enough for dunking. Ask Ross & DeRozen.

So are we heading in the right direction taking an overpaid SF that is the GodFather of our PG's kid? Chemistry. BC is all about the chemistry of a team & will keep trying different things till he finds what works... Even if you are shaking your head asking why he does what he does... I'd like having a GM with the balls to trying different options rather then sitting waiting for the option to fall into his lap. Cause the enigma of the Raptors is an puzzle people have been trying to piece together since opening day. One day I will proudly say I am a Raptors fan.... But just not yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X