Official: Salmons & '15 2nd round pick to Hawks for Williams & Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    It's a tough pill to swallow but I'm pretty sure Amir is gone after this season. It's the only way we can make a run at a big time free agent. I hate to say it but I like what PPat brings to the table a lot more than what Amir does, mainly because so few big men can shoot, and Amir's skill set is pretty typical of PF's around the league.
    I also expect there to be a decent market for Amir next offseason and for him to be priced out of our range.
    If Amir signs for a reasonable deal like last time (say 6M starting salary, max raises for 5 years - that's 5x6.9M) and we manage to dump Novak for an expiring, and depending on exactly where GV and Patterson come in on their contracts, we could still have 18-19M to sign a big name.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      It's a tough pill to swallow but I'm pretty sure Amir is gone after this season. It's the only way we can make a run at a big time free agent. I hate to say it but I like what PPat brings to the table a lot more than what Amir does, mainly because so few big men can shoot, and Amir's skill set is pretty typical of PF's around the league.
      I also expect there to be a decent market for Amir next offseason and for him to be priced out of our range.
      We would miss Amir on this roster way more than we would miss Patterson.

Amir is a great defender and hyper efficient....and you need those hyper efficient guys when our main players aren't

Comment

• kopite91 wrote: View Post
        Amir may not bring a whole lot outside of the energy game, but he brings a lot of intangibles and him and DD are the only connection we have to the Chris Bosh days. I'd be sad to Amir go, but his departure might be needed to free up the cap space next year as alluded to earlier.
        Negative. Amir brings everything. Also. his departure is one of the signs of the apocalypse. No thank you.

Comment

• What's all this Amir talk for? Amir is an analytic nerd's dream. He goes, so does half of RR. The Rap have 1 more year of him. They're not going to option off their starting PF on some crap shoot. It hasn't worked for Houston so far, has it?

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            What's all this Amir talk for? Amir is an analytic nerd's dream. He goes, so does half of RR. The Rap have 1 more year of him. They're not going to option off their starting PF on some crap shoot. It hasn't worked for Houston so far, has it?
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Sorry but if we get into FA next year and have a chance to sign Love at the cost of Amir Johnson... then it's bye bye Amir.

Superstar talent wins in this league.

Comment

• Anyone else think Nogueira plays overseas next year? To start the season? Seems like a simple way to open up a roster spot. At the trade deadline MU could do a two for one deal with Novak and Hayes, for a team looking for an expiring, bring back a serviceable SF or PF/C, and then bring Nogueira back?

I think they want Bruno to stay with the team so the coaches can work with him and monitor his workout program etc. Nogueira could benefit from the extra playing time he would get overseas.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Anyone else think Nogueira plays overseas next year? To start the season? Seems like a simple way to open up a roster spot. At the trade deadline MU could do a two for one deal with Novak and Hayes, for a team looking for an expiring, bring back a serviceable SF or PF/C, and then bring Nogueira back?

I think they want Bruno to stay with the team so the coaches can work with him and monitor his workout program etc. Nogueira could benefit from the extra playing time he would get overseas.
                  I think we bring him over right away to help Bruno with the transition. Plus I think BeBe should be getting backup C minutes, with Hayes only coming in when some team has a huge bruising C for their backup (not a lot of teams have this on the bench).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I think we bring him over right away to help Bruno with the transition....
                    Completely forgot about that aspect of it. I am sure you are right.

Comment

• I really hope Bruno and Bebe get minutes next year. Even if it's just 10-15mpg off the bench. I want them to play and have a chance to develop.

A lot of people think Casey won't play young guys, but I think he will. I remember him saying during the Nets series last year that Ross probably wouldn't even be out there with the way he's playing if not for the team trying to develop him. I think he'll be willing to let Bruno and Bebe make a few mistakes out there... especially since we already know they're gonna bring it on defense with their length.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Anyone else think Nogueira plays overseas next year? To start the season? Seems like a simple way to open up a roster spot. At the trade deadline MU could do a two for one deal with Novak and Hayes, for a team looking for an expiring, bring back a serviceable SF or PF/C, and then bring Nogueira back?

I'd be surprised.

My understanding was Bebe wanted to come to Atlanta next year, they wanted him to stay in Europe.

As for Raptors, I think he is better served to be on the roster because:
                        1) acclimatize to the NBA schedule and lifestyle,
                        2) start building his body under McKechnie watchful eye,
                        3) he can go for stints in D-League if not getting much floor time,
                        4) culture is the new buzz word: what better way to integrate than being in it/part of it
                        5) if he is Buycks or Stone, so be it; see 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

• We really need our own D-League team. In Montreal or something.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            We really need our own D-League team. In Montreal or something.
                            WINDSOR

The Windsor Express just won the title in the NBL and we have an arena that was built about 4 or 5 years back.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              WINDSOR

The Windsor Express just won the title in the NBL and we have an arena that was built about 4 or 5 years back.
                              Id love one in Brampton lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                I'd be surprised.

My understanding was Bebe wanted to come to Atlanta next year, they wanted him to stay in Europe.

As for Raptors, I think he is better served to be on the roster because:
                                1) acclimatize to the NBA schedule and lifestyle,
                                2) start building his body under McKechnie watchful eye,
                                3) he can go for stints in D-League if not getting much floor time,
                                4) culture is the new buzz word: what better way to integrate than being in it/part of it
                                5) if he is Buycks or Stone, so be it; see 1, 2, 3, and 4.
                                Not to mention it's a lot less of a culture shock to be in an international city like Toronto instead of Atlanta.

Sorry but if we get into FA next year and have a chance to sign Love at the cost of Amir Johnson... then it's bye bye Amir.

Superstar talent wins in this league.
                                In that scenario, I'd vote to trade 2Pat and keep Amir. There's a lot less overlapping skills with Amir/Love than 2Pat/Love
                                @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                                X