• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors Will Do Just Fine Without Bosh - U Can Bet He Was Watching

Davis and Bayless to be added shortly.

Playoffs are not out of the question.

This team appears to have no quit.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Don't forget the blocking machine, SOLOMON "Ain't no lie" ALABI!

I agree, I like the make up of the "team" so far. Different players continue to thrive in the clutch.
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Playoffs were never out of the question. My belief in this team substantially grew the minute Bosh walked out the door. Raptors for life. Yung Gunz for life.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
        Playoffs were never out of the question. My belief in this team substantially grew the minute Bosh walked out the door. Raptors for life. Yung Gunz for life.
        I guess after today and Weems recent winning three point shot we won't be hearing this refrain from the YGZ detractors

"They haven't accomplished anything yet"

Time for DeMar to step up and finish a game off with a winning shot.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          I guess after today and Weems recent winning three point shot we won't be hearing this refrain from the YGZ detractors

"They haven't accomplished anything yet"

Time for DeMar to step up and finish a game off with a winning shot.

IMO, I think Demar's game winning shot will come from the charity strip. He's got the knack in getting there...
          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Damn my heart was pumping at the end of the game! Fricken love this team! And i gota say I love having the Blur at the point. Really picks up the tempo and gets the bigs running the floor.

Comment

Like I posted this past summer...Good Riddance Bosh...
              Rupaul leaving was a blessing since we never got past the first round with him anyway and now we can focus on a true team concept. We are looking more and more like a playoff team beating Orlando, Boston and almost the Lakers. If only we could of played this way against the weaker teams ie. Sac and Charlotte and Washington without Wall. If this team can just get more consistent and get the expected boost from Davis and Bayless there is no reason why we won't make the playoffs. Then next year with our core, the TPE and draft picks the bitter memory of Rupaul will be long forgotten...

Comment

Toinsy wrote: View Post
                Damn my heart was pumping at the end of the game! Fricken love this team! And i gota say I love having the Blur at the point. Really picks up the tempo and gets the bigs running the floor.

Totally agree, when he had that pick and popped out and shot the jumper, it felt so right.

Comment

Great post totally on side with u!

Comment

Demar seems to have lost some confidence in the last few games, i really want to see him step up against philly on wednesday

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      Davis and Bayless to be added shortly.

Playoffs are not out of the question.

This team appears to have no quit.
                      Buddahfan I'm with you man. This team will easily be better than it was with RuPaul, especially if B.C. adds a few key pieces.
                      They rarely ever stayed in games the way they have the last 14 with RuPaul on this team. I said it many times that making RuPaul the focus actually hurt this teams chances, and definitely hurt the development of our other players. We are now starting to see the development before our eyes and it looks real good. By the end of this season Bargnani will have made a name for himself, Weems will have earned a nice new contract, DD will have gotten that much better and more consistent, Amir will have learned to play without as many fouls and developed considerably, Davis will have begun to show his promise, and Jose, Barbosa and Kleiza will have helped solidify this team with their play.
                      Most of this would not be possible if RuPaul was still on this team, and I dare say our record this year would likely have been worse than it is now.
                      RuPaul has yet to ever take it to KG, or any other real PF like Andrea has.

Comment

So, I guess you don't want that lottery pick anymore?

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                          Buddahfan I'm with you man. This team will easily be better than it was with RuPaul, especially if B.C. adds a few key pieces.
                          They rarely ever stayed in games the way they have the last 14 with RuPaul on this team. I said it many times that making RuPaul the focus actually hurt this teams chances, and definitely hurt the development of our other players. We are now starting to see the development before our eyes and it looks real good. By the end of this season Bargnani will have made a name for himself, Weems will have earned a nice new contract, DD will have gotten that much better and more consistent, Amir will have learned to play without as many fouls and developed considerably, Davis will have begun to show his promise, and Jose, Barbosa and Kleiza will have helped solidify this team with their play.
                          Most of this would not be possible if RuPaul was still on this team, and I dare say our record this year would likely have been worse than it is now.
                          RuPaul has yet to ever take it to KG, or any other real PF like Andrea has.
                          +1

Comment

We are not a better team without Bosh. But we finally have a chance to become a better team. No doubt Bosh was a great player, he was a night in night out 20 10 guy. But now without him, we have a lot more flexibility and we can actually try and become a winning team. Bosh was good, but he limited us to having him, and only him. He demanded the ball, a lot of money and we could not put a good supporting cast around him.

We would never be able to improve with Bosh, but only stay "okay". Now we have a chance to explode with talent and win the NBA Championship!!! (kidding)

Comment

Yeah, Buddah, I'm really interested in seeing these two guys play. I realize that it will take them a while to gel and learn the plays, and it might be ugly at first, but I just want to see all the pieces in place. (Yes, I also realize that Colangelo is like a rolling stone and gathers no moss. I'm sure more "retooling" is on the way)
                              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                              X