No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I said, the dunk contest had become a popularity contest. Was it any surprise that Griffin won? Bringing in a car seems like a cheap shot. No one can compete.

Comment

• I want bare bones dunking. No props or gimmicks. Straight dunking

Comment

• This means Demar will probably stay in T.O. for awhile.

Comment

• Rg1990 wrote: View Post
          Like I said, the dunk contest had become a popularity contest. Was it any surprise that Griffin won? Bringing in a car seems like a cheap shot. No one can compete.
          Ya was pretty ridiculous. Not to mention they opened the voting before any of them had even dunked a dunk in the finals.
          I was impressed with McGee though. Dude showed some creativity. Was pissed he beat out DeRo though. Both of Demars First Round dunks were Bananas.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Ibaka's first dunk was really impressive.
            For a 6 7 guy not for a 6 10 guy.

Comment

• Wonder what he had in store for the finals... guess we'll never know...

Comment

• wierd ass contest, i only saw the highlights, since it was grannies bday today, and she comes b4 basketball.

In terms of highlights, DDs dunks looked good, 44 on the first was shocking till i found it out it was cause of the long delay it took for him to get it in...BUT.... how did javale get that far, the dunk with 2 nets was cool, but the 3 balls one even when seeing it juss by it self wasn't rly that cool..... it was meh, creative but.... meh....and then finding out how many attempts it took.... how did it get a 50

Serge should've got some higher scores the freethrow one, sure it was done to death sure, but if javale got a 50 on that lame 3 balled dunk, then serge should've gotten a higher score on both his dunks....

And i knew Blake was gonna win it, but after seein his dunks...... wtf -_-...... rly....... that was the Blake "show"......

Still SOOOOOOOOO much bttr than last year, my god....

Comment

• I reckon they deliberately gave Mcgee high scores so that Demar couldnt make the final. they knew that if Demar had made the final he wouldve been very likely to pull out a awesome enough dunk to sway the voting towards him. Of course the commissioner couldnt allow his pride (Griffin) to not win, as the whiole comp was layed out so that Blake could take it out.

Comment

• This comment has me excited. To have a player want to be in Toronto, makes me truly respect him even more. If anyone else didn't catch what chuck said even he is excited for the 'future of the raptors' as him and reggie acknowledge they have pieces to work with in Demar, Bargnani, & Ed D. bargnani wants to be here, derozan wants to be here, Ed davis i believe will want to stay in a place where they acknowledge his talent as 12 teams passed him over. With 2 upcoming draft picks, this is how rebuilding is done as we have some salary space, and prospects.

Comment

• blake did a dunk the derozan did last year, just not as good as derozan

then he did a dunk that vince did, just not as good as vince...

and a car and a choir won him the contest... the dunk itself, not THAT impressive

i miss the days that your actual dunking won the dunk contest

Comment

• The score on DD's second was fair and he got a deserved 50. I'm not sold on his first. It was technically more difficult than Griffin's second, and took about the same number of tries. Problem was that the finish wasn't hard and the crowd didn't respond to it as well, maybe it being the first dunk and all. Judges get influenced by the crowd and that's why it was a 44.

Comment

• Demar definitely got ripped off. Although it took him a while, his first dunk was excellent and certainly worthy of a higher score. All 4 dunks were great in the first round but in the second round, Demar's was the best. I don't get why the judges don't penalize players if they can't get a dunk on their first try.

On a side note, Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller are both very high on our Raptors. They credit BC with giving the team great potential long term. That's encouraging.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                            The score on DD's second was fair and he got a deserved 50. I'm not sold on his first. It was technically more difficult than Griffin's second, and took about the same number of tries. Problem was that the finish wasn't hard and the crowd didn't respond to it as well, maybe it being the first dunk and all. Judges get influenced by the crowd and that's why it was a 44.
                            He needs to retire from this corporate "gong show". As far as Demar is concerned, I'm happy about his accomplishments and has represented the franchise well. He is definitely the future face of this franchise moving forward.

The truth is it was between him and Javale for the Finals against Blake. No one wants to piss Korea's largest auto manufacturer.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Dr J slipping mcgee's mom some tongue was the highlight for me
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                                In order for the swan to exist, it must first go from a duckling.
                                Umm, I was hoping that you didn't use the swan analogy as we already have a big one in Bargs himself. Can you use cubs instead?
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X