Who should we not trade ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should we not trade ...

Now that we have Gay (happy we got Gay, sad we lost Jose) and everyone is taking more trades. Who should the Raps keep ... players who we should keep as our core going forward.

In my opinion:
    1)Gay - We just traded for him and he is our new leader.

2)Valanciunas - Can be our starting C for years to come if he keeps developing.

3)Ross - Can be our future SG or one hell of a bench player. Too much up side to trade away.

4)Lowry - Friends with Gay and now this is HIS team to lead. Deserves a shot to prove that he can lead a winner.

5)Johnson - Amir is the type of player every club needs. He gives everything to every play ... I value him a lot more then most.

6)DeRozan - I want to see what him and Gay can do as a team. I say keep him for another year or so and see how him, Ross, and Gay mesh.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________

This is the cut off line. Everyone from here can be traded without hurting the team.

I would like to keep Lucas, Acy, Gray because I think they are good value for what they have.

Starters:
    C: Valanciunas
    PF: Johnson
    SF: Gay
    SG: DeRozan, Ross
    PG: Lowry

Backups:
    C: Gray
    PF: Acy
    SF: ?????
    SG: Ross or DeRozan
    PG: Lucus

Trade chips:
    1)Barg
    2)Anderson and Pietrus (Expiring contracts and Anderson is playing pretty well)
    3)Kleiza and Fields (Might have some value. Kleiza more next year as one year left on his contract)

What you all think???

I wouldnt touch:
    Val
    Ross
    Gay
    Lowry

Only for the right deal (meaning only if sold high, equivalent value is not worth the lost chemistry)
    Derozan
    Amir

Have to move:
    Bargnani
    Kleiza
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      I wouldnt touch:
      Val
      Ross
      Gay
      Lowry

Only for the right deal (meaning only if sold high, equivalent value is not worth the lost chemistry)
      Derozan
      Amir

Have to move:
      Bargnani
      Kleiza
      100% agree

although id prob add Lowry to the right deal catagory
      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Feb 3, 2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        I wouldnt touch:
        Val
        Ross
        Gay
        Lowry

Derozan
        Amir

Have to move:
        Bargnani
        Kleiza
        +1 everything except for Kleiza. AA is a must trade for me though. He's played well enough thtat you have to think he's being included in any Bargs deal if the other team wants him back.

Fields is in limbo. He's a solid piece who's being overpaid. Will he have trade value under that contract? Hard to know. I keep wondering if D'Antoni would like to have him back in LA, but doubt even LA will pay a role player that kind of money.

*Don't disagree about wanting to trade Kleiza, but who would want a player who's been injured a lot, and is inconsistent, to say the least.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Feb 3, 2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Gay
          JV
          Ross
          DD(for the right price)

In that order.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Also though, Lowry is clearly only untouchable for the end of this season, because I'm assuming we're not going to find a starting PG in a trade at this point. Next season, it's make or break for him, and he's got to play for a contract, so I'm hoping he plays really strong.

Comment

Untouchables:

Rudy Gay
              Demar Derozan

I think its pretty clear that they are the best players on our team. Rudy said DD is the best shooting guard he's ever played with and I believe him! DD has really improved his overall game this year and there's no reason to believe he wont continue improving.

Would only trade if a superstar/star comes back:

Ross
              JV
              Amir
              Lowry

EVERYONE else is available for the right price

Comment

Klieza has no value he should be amnestied come summer time.

Comment

Untouchable: Gay, Valanciunas, Ross

Only for significant talent: DeRozan, Lowry (though I think it would turn Gay off it he got traded, so highly unlikely)

Only for good talent: Amir

50/50: Fields (a great glue guy, wing depth if DeRozan gets traded, big contract likely makes him untradeable anyway)

Go ahead and trade: everybody else (Gray, Haddadi, Bargnani, Acy, Kleiza, Anderson, Pietrus, Lucas)

Amnesty (if not traded): Kleiza

Comment

Why do we allow ourselves to give away talent we develop and settle for "stars" past there prime. How long are we going to allow ourselves to be the "small market team" that gets raped for their talent & goes back to the "rebuilding" stage.

We have to have a bench. I agree with most of these posts but don't think anyone has considered an injury to ANYBODY. Without discussing "what we'll receive in return"....please remember. Toronto is not a top three choice in the league. People are not demanding a trade to Toronto. Players run like a thief in the night or don't try. The ones THAT DO WANT TO STAY....we show no loyalty. I'd argue that we have one of the worst reputations in the league. You realize we are coming close to our 20 year anniversary & have NOTHING to show for it? We're just a bus stop. A one horse town. Players are just passing through. Keeping there stats up for their next stop. So before you pull the trigger about who you want to send away...THINK ABOUT THAT.

AA is cheap & can score. He can ride pine if we can't get him in the rotation, but don't trade him. If DD or Gay twist an ankle .. AA starts or if Fields starts he is first off the bench. Ross is not ready.

How on earth can anyone suggest trading Ross at this point. This years pick.... and your gonna trade him? Acy is in the same category. It makes no sense. That is crazy.

Gray stays. You have to have a backup center. True C. Who in the league is gonna make it with ONE center. I understand if you add another one, but to give one away...THAT is crazy.

Anyone suggesting to trade DD now....after all these years are finally paying off is not a Raptor fan. You have got to be out of your skull to suggest trading him. Under any circumstances. Same thing for JV. Really? Seriously? After drafting him and waiting on him for a year your gonna suggest TRADING HIM NOW?

Lowry & Amir is debatable. I say stick with them both. Anywhere they go they'll come off the bench. They might as well come off ours. Hard to imagine a realistic scenario where you could.

Haddadi (if he truly exisists) , Bargnani, Kleiza, Pietrus, Lucas- That is it

Some of you guys REALLY piss me off

Comment

As I've said before, there is no such a thing as untouchable player in a Raptors uniform. The only untouchable players in the league are true Franchise Players. Franchise players tend to identify themselves pretty early ... if you're 7 years out and haven't even made to an all-star game ... you're not a franchise player. I'd trade any Raptor for Kevin Durant.

Reality is, no one in the right mind would make such offers to the Raps. But to suggest that a player is untouchable is flat out foolish. It's that kind of thinking that makes BC an idiot. It's that kind of thinking that has Bargnani still in a Raptors uniform! After all, BC believed AB was untouchable until this year!

The question isn't who you would't trade, it's what are you getting in return?

Comment

the key is untouchable unless the right deal comes along... thats basicly what BC said about T.Ross & id asume Jonas aswell... if a deal for a durant or LBJ came up im sure BC would trade his wife for either of those players LOL

Comment

Bears wrote: View Post
                          As I've said before, there is no such a thing as untouchable player in a Raptors uniform. The only untouchable players in the league are true Franchise Players. Franchise players tend to identify themselves pretty early ... if you're 7 years out and haven't even made to an all-star game ... you're not a franchise player. I'd trade any Raptor for Kevin Durant.

Reality is, no one in the right mind would make such offers to the Raps. But to suggest that a player is untouchable is flat out foolish. It's that kind of thinking that makes BC an idiot. It's that kind of thinking that has Bargnani still in a Raptors uniform! After all, BC believed AB was untouchable until this year!

The question isn't who you would't trade, it's what are you getting in return?
                          I agree nobody is untouchable. Still to suggest a situation where we'd be offered KD or LBJ is unrealistic. It's a waste of time.
                          My point is in a REALISTIC trade, I don't see why you can offer any of the players i mentioned in my last post. I agree the untouchable thing has hurt us, but i think consistently "upsetting the apple cart" has done worse damage.

Comment

PG position

RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
                            I agree nobody is untouchable. Still to suggest a situation where we'd be offered KD or LBJ is unrealistic. It's a waste of time.
                            My point is in a REALISTIC trade, I don't see why you can offer any of the players i mentioned in my last post. I agree the untouchable thing has hurt us, but i think consistently "upsetting the apple cart" has done worse damage.
                            You want a trade ?? How about Lowry for Jose???

Comment

kuzzybear wrote: View Post
                              You want a trade ?? How about Lowry for Jose???
                              Don't tempt me.

Comment

Working...
                              X