Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do You Want the Raptors to Play in the First Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Raptorlove : How I learned to stop worrying and love the Atlantic division

I was taking a look at the standings today and saw that we're tied with Chicago. Washington is only two games back. Brooklyn only three. We've got a few tough unpredictable games coming up. Then my heart starting beating a bit faster. I began to envision a letdown as only a toronto sports fan can....but then I saw the light. Charlotte is six games back. Big win for them last night but if we go .500 the rest of the way, they still have to do something like 16-4.
    So, however the next twenty games shake out, we will likely face one of chi, wash or bkn, maybe with home court, maybe not. No one option is a hundred times better than another one. They all hold more promise than anyone could have expected. So, sit back and enjoy the ride and maybe we'll all have a few less hairs pulled at the end of the day.

Btw, mods, feel free to merge this with battle of the Atlantic as you see fit.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      So barring some team going on a crazy winning/losing streak, it looks like the Raptors will play the Wizards, Nets, or Bulls in the first round. Not taking into consideration who's going to have home court (because that's probably gonna change), who would you want the Raps to face?

No one is really ideal, but I'd go in this order:

1. Wizards
      2. Nets
      3. Bulls

I would want no part of the Bulls in the playoffs, especially if they're all healthy.

The Nets could be interesting. I don't know how good Kidd's game to game adjustments would be.

Wiz got some solid vets with playoff experience (Ariza, Nene, Miller), but I'd still totally want to play these dudes rather than anyone else.

Anyway, makes you think: Winning the first round is definitely not a gimme.
      I guess you beat me to it with the thread. I kind of echo the same thing.

Comment

jclaw wrote: View Post
        i guess you beat me to it with the thread. I kind of echo the same thing.
        all good!
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Not Charlotte (which would only happen if they overtake the Wizards anyway).

Comment

1. Wizards
            2. Nets
            3. Bulls

Definitely not Charlotte. We don't have much depth inside to cover the best big man in the league, Al Jefferson. As much as I believe in JV, he's gonna get raped in the paint.

We won the series this season vs Wizards. That Triple OT game showed that they're not to be taken lightly, but it also showed that the games would be very exciting and interesting. Should be a good series, We could take them in 6.

We have a better chance of beating the Nets imo, as they're old, but they've got champs like Pierce and KG who turns up the heat come playoff time. I would prefer them however to be the 7th seed as they're the team I believe that could upset Miami in the east, as that team was specifically constructed to beat the Heat. Too bad they struggle beating everyone else, including us lol.

Bulls are tough, they're like the micro version of the 90s Knicks. But they don't have much talent to go deep as DRose is injured. They have playoff experience too, and their bigs bully our bigs inside.

Comment

Raptors vs Wizards would be the most entertaining to watch.

Comment

Don't forget that the Nets have Williams as well...and Joe Johnson for all the flak he gets can take over a half a game

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                  So barring some team going on a crazy winning/losing streak, it looks like the Raptors will play the Wizards, Nets, or Bulls in the first round. Not taking into consideration who's going to have home court (because that's probably gonna change), who would you want the Raps to face?

No one is really ideal, but I'd go in this order:

1. Wizards
                  2. Nets
                  3. Bulls

I would want no part of the Bulls in the playoffs, especially if they're all healthy.

The Nets could be interesting. I don't know how good Kidd's game to game adjustments would be.

Wiz got some solid vets with playoff experience (Ariza, Nene, Miller), but I'd still totally want to play these dudes rather than anyone else.

Anyway, makes you think: Winning the first round is definitely not a gimme.
                  1. Wizards -by a mile then...
                  2. Charlotte
                  3. Bulls
                  4. Nets.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Bulls

I want them to taste first hand the playoffs vs. a very good, battle tested team. Really test their mettle. If they lose in the first round there's nothing wrong with that. I just want them to see what it takes. What it really takes.
                    It could be good series. We should not be afraid of Bulls but would need to make DJ beat us and protect the paint. Buckets get harder to get in playoffs and pushing Noah and Boozer farther out would be the key.

Comment

I would like them to play whoever is in 8th place, but am willing to wait a few years for that to happen.

Comment

1st choice would be the Wizards
                        2nd Choice Lolbob kittens
                        3rd choice Brooklyn Vets
                        4th choice Chicago Bullies
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Kind of unrelated....

But the East really is hilariously bad. Atlanta has fallen apart...not surprising given their roster and injuries....And still, no team has been able to catch them yet. Detroit, Cleveland and NY have all been that bad. And all 3 of those teams tried so hard to invest in making the playoffs. Atlanta has become pretty dreadful, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone nabs that 8th spot, but none of them really deserve it at all.

Comment

I'm too excited for the playoffs, April 19th needs to come faster!!

Comment

I REALLY think we should be afraid of the Nets in the first round

and it's not because they beat Miami yesterday.

My concern is their individual talent level. They know that they have more proven guys than we do, and the playoffs will provide them with a mental "reset" of the whole season. Worse, the pressure will be on us as the higher seed to win, which is bad, because the Nets really have nothing to lose since this whole season has been a failure for them anyway.

Bottom line, if the game is close, they have 3 or 4 guys who can get their own shot and present matchup problems. We don't have that.

Part of me just wants the Bulls to catch us so we can play Washington, who I feel is a guaranteed series win in 6 games or less.

****Edit****I just looked at the standings this morning and saw that the nets moved up...great...but my point is the same
                              Last edited by BallaBalla; Thu Mar 13, 2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

We don't want to see Brooklyn or Chicago in the first round, it's that simple.

Washington is a better match up and will be going through a lot of the same post season growing pains as us. Getting them in the first round is the clear cut best case scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X