Primetime Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rseal wrote: View Post
    It was pretty much TNT's only option to replace the Celtics game that was cancelled/postponed (?) after the Boston marathon bombing.
    Which is kind've the only way we've been on TNT lately.

I think the Raptors will get more looks next year, unless Masai blows up the team (not the best expression when also quoting the boston marathon bombing, but couldn't think of one more apt). There`s buzz around the league about the raptors, have a young all-star, a dunk contest winner, bunch of close games, etc etc.
    @Boymusic66

Comment

ya i no. but we were still on tnt
      Live. Breath. Sleep. Raptors

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        What would it take for the Raptors to get on ESPN and TNT??
        Play the Lakers and Knicks
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Pretty sure I've seen the Cavs on some prime time games. Now, I'm not sure if that's just our networks broadcasting them cause of the Canadian connection, or if they're being nationally broadcast in the States. If it's the latter, that just blows.

It would be nice if they did a little more "flex scheduling", a la the NFL with their Sunday/Monday night games later in the season.

As long as I get to watch every Raptors game, I don't care too much where it's being broadcast.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            Pretty sure I've seen the Cavs on some prime time games. Now, I'm not sure if that's just our networks broadcasting them cause of the Canadian connection, or if they're being nationally broadcast in the States. If it's the latter, that just blows.

It would be nice if they did a little more "flex scheduling", a la the NFL with their Sunday/Monday night games later in the season.

As long as I get to watch every Raptors game, I don't care too much where it's being broadcast.
            Ive also seen Sacramento, Boston, Cleveland like you said, Utah, Brooklyn and a plethora of other teams who are significantly worse then us. The main reason we get no love from the media or the people who choose what games are on the national T.V is because we are in Canada which is pathetic
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Celtics vs Lakers next week on ESPN. LOL!
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Where is the hype around the raptors? Coming into the season, the team had been poor for a while, no superstar and really nothing of interest for a casual fan. Brooklyn on the other hand was always going to get lots of airtime because of the massive hype around that team, with all the big names that they have. The substance didn't match the hype, but still are good value to be on national TV. Cleveland have one of the most overhyped players in the league. NFI why Utah would get a game though, Lol

Of course the raptors are far different now than at the beginning of the year. An allstar, interesting young players, team orientated play (usually) and a PG playing inspired basketball. As fans we love it and appreciate the product they provide, they are even getting good publicity from many people in the know (e.g Jeff van Gundy gave them a shoutout during the Lakers-Rockets game) but for casual fans, they're still nothing worth watching. Sustained playoff success and/or a big time superstar are the only way they'll be getting on U.S TV.

Whatever, League pass for the win
                Last edited by BigCamB; Fri Feb 21, 2014, 03:06 AM.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Not even being a homer here or anything. But this Raptors team is pretty fun to watch. They have 2 all stars in Lowry and DeRozan who are both fun to watch. They have Terrence Ross who is slowly making a name for himself. Raptors are a good team a playoff team. They're currently #3 in the East. How come they never get to play on a TNT or ESPN primetime games?

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think TNT has ever broadcasted a Raptors regular season game ever. And i think the last time ESPN broadcasted a Raptors game was back in the Vince Carter days.

What would it take for the Raptors to get on ESPN and TNT??
                  Boston at LA lakers is late national game tonight. What a joke.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Boston at LA lakers is late national game tonight. What a joke.
                    They used Kaman for the TV ad too, the guy that everyone thought was gonna be shipped out. Just adds onto the comedy factor.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                    X