Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors - a playoff team in 2013-14?

Lowry/DD/Gay/Amir/JV/Hansborough/Ross/Fields/Gray/Novak

Does this roster still seem that its not a playoff-bound roster???

Seems like it is.

Sarcasm right?

but then again Fields is still here so I see your point some what.

Comment

assuming all things are equal.

I see the playoffs as a 50/50 proposition. A month ago I would have said differently.

Aside from the main 5 (Miami, Indy, Chi, NY, Brooklyn) - Clelveland, Washington, Detroit, Toronto all have a legit chance. Milwaukee and Atlanta are there to.

I pretty much only put Boston and Philly as sure things to not be playoff bound.

I don't think Orlando and Charlotte stand much of a chance.

Alot can happen one way or another though.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Sarcasm right?

but then again Fields is still here so I see your point some what.
        Not really.

Why do you think its not a playoff team?

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

Seems like it is.
          Are you being for real? Last year we missed the playoffs by a few games. And that's with a shitty 4-19 start. We got a better players than we did last year. Casey should actually be coaching smarter without hopefully the bonehead subs he made last year in the forth quarters. Why would you think we will not make the playoffs? So much changed with other teams. We still have our main 4 starters. 5 if Amir starts over Novac. I don't get it. Please explain your concerns to me?

Being serious here!

Comment

lowry's in a contract year, he'll take a dump on everyone.
            dd/gay will tear it up on the wings and play defence
            amir/hansborough/jv have a frontline that should scare people
            people already thinking jv might have a shot at the all star team this year, with the way he's destroying competition in the summer league. i know its summer league, but if thats any indication to anything, he's gonna have a solid year.

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

Seems like it is.
            Protocall
            https://www.youtube.com/user/PTC204
            http://www.ptc204.com

Uploaded a new track: Please like or comment on it if you dig it! Thanks
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAT4s_LO-rc

The best day of 2013 was the day I found out Andrea Bargnani got traded.

Comment

throw in landry fields' wife: game over.
              Protocall
              https://www.youtube.com/user/PTC204
              http://www.ptc204.com

Uploaded a new track: Please like or comment on it if you dig it! Thanks
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAT4s_LO-rc

The best day of 2013 was the day I found out Andrea Bargnani got traded.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                assuming all things are equal.

I see the playoffs as a 50/50 proposition. A month ago I would have said differently.

Aside from the main 5 (Miami, Indy, Chi, NY, Brooklyn) - Clelveland, Washington, Detroit, Toronto all have a legit chance. Milwaukee and Atlanta are there to.

I pretty much only put Boston and Philly as sure things to not be playoff bound.

I don't think Orlando and Charlotte stand much of a chance.

Alot can happen one way or another though.
                Again.

1. Miami
                2. Chicago
                3. Indiana
                4. Brooklyn
                5, NYK
                6. Cleveland
                7. Toronto
                8. Washington

Raptors WILL BE in the playoffs next season. Guaranteed. Right now i have them finishing 7th. But i really wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 6th or even 5th. Why? because Raptors have a lot of talent. They now have a legit go to guy in Gay. Jonas is a MUCH improved player. They've addressed their 3pt shooting needs with the Novak trade. The bench is also much better with the addition of Augustin and Hansbrough and Buycks.

The team that i see slipping down next season is the Knicks.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Protocall wrote: View Post
                  lowry's in a contract year, he'll take a dump on everyone.
                  no one will give you money in your FA year if you play like shit the year before

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                    Are you being for real? Last year we missed the playoffs by a few games. And that's with a shitty 4-19 start. We got a better players than we did last year. Casey should actually be coaching smarter without hopefully the bonehead subs he made last year in the forth quarters. Why would you think we will not make the playoffs? So much changed with other teams. We still have our main 4 starters. 5 if Amir starts over Novac. I don't get it. Please explain your concerns to me?

Being serious here!
                    Your main points make it seem as though Toronto exists in a vacuum and no other teams made any improvements and/or changes in the offseason.

PLAYOFF SURE THINGS: TOP 4 SEEDS
                    Miami - 2 time NBA champions, just as good
                    Indiana - conference finalists, minor moves to improve their team
                    Chicago - playoff team, Rose coming back fully healthy, bench improved
                    Brooklyn - playoff team, major moves significantly improved their team

PLAYOFF BUBBLE TEAMS: #5-12 SEEDS
                    NY - playoff team, should be just as good at least, improved if less injuries than last season
                    Atlanta - playoff team, good plan-B retooling, need time to gel, could even be better than last season
                    Milwaukee - playoff team, lots of retooling, should still be on the bubble
                    Boston - playoff team, taking a step back (tanking if Rondo is out for long and/or traded), still have some decent players
                    Cleveland - Irving is a stud, loaded with young talent, Varejao should be healthy, looking to land even more proven talent
                    Washington - were a solid team when Wall was healthy, young players have more experience and even more talent was added
                    Toronto - Gay in for full season, improved depth, lots of young talent, loss of Calderon/Bargnani improves team defense
                    Detroit - dominant front court, some good young talent

LOTTERY TEAMS: #13-15 SEEDS
                    Charlotte - say they want to compete and signed an aging Jefferson, but still likely on the outside looking in
                    Orlando - doing a proper rebuild from the ground up, some good young talent, still a year or two away from competing
                    Philly - nice tank job

* within each grouping, I did not list teams in any specific order

I can't see how any fan can consider the playoffs a 'sure thing' for the Raptors this season. The first half will be very interesting to watch, to determine whether MU looks to retooling (push for playoffs now, with future still at the forefront of team building) or tanking (goodbye 2013-14 season, hello 2014 draft & offseason).
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jul 19, 2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I think they're not. Hope I'm wrong.

There's basically two spots that are up for grabs. We know Heat, Pacers, Nets, Knicks, and Bulls will be there. I think the Hawks will finish in 6th. People always forget about the Hawks.

That leaves Cleveland (who added Jack, Clark, and a healthy Varejao), Detroit who added Josh Smith, Washington played almost 500 ball for the last half of the season, and depending on what the Bucks (who signed Mayo, Ridnour, and Zaza) do with Jennings they could still be there for the 8th.

My point is it's by no means guaranteed. And I don't think the Raps will do it.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        I think they're not. Hope I'm wrong.

There's basically two spots that are up for grabs. We know Heat, Pacers, Nets, Knicks, and Bulls will be there. I think the Hawks will finish in 6th. People always forget about the Hawks.

That leaves Cleveland (who added Jack, Clark, and a healthy Varejao), Detroit who added Josh Smith, Washington played almost 500 ball for the last half of the season, and depending on what the Bucks (who signed Mayo, Ridnour, and Zaza) do with Jennings they could still be there for the 8th.

My point is it's by no means guaranteed. And I don't think the Raps will do it.
                        I agree. Too many people are acting like it's a sure thing when it's far from that.

Comment

Being serious here!
                          raps have gotten marginally better. some of the other lower teams have gotten better on a higher level.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                            no one will give you money in your FA year if you play like shit the year before
                            I believe what Protocall meant is that Lowry will play his balls off this year. Shitting on all his competition.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Being serious here!
                              hehehe i think you misunderstood my post. I am in agreement that the Raptors does have a chance to make the playoffs this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X