CRAFTY VETS - because you know we are going to grab two or three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRAFTY VETS - because you know we are going to grab two or three

With out young team you know at least 2 or 3 spots are going to crafty veterans/leaders etc...either in trade or on a minimum deal

last year Rasual forgot how to shoot and Aaron Carter forgot how to do everything, but Magloire did the job he was supposed to.

Raja Bell has one year 3.5 million left. Is a terrific defender and can shoot the three

Magloire could come back and serve as Grandpa Goon again.

Grant Hill would be a fantastic/but unlikely.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

I'd like to have Bell, but I think they should pass on Magloire

Comment

i say bring back magloire. he aint costing much and you can always use a guy willing to throw some elbows and rack up 6 good hard fouls. unless we get back Aaron Grey, i wouldn't mind him off the bench

Comment

Magloire was a big part of the culture change, and both Casey and BC love his services off the court and in the locker room, and remember, he actually made some differences when he's played in games i.e. Houston.

Re-sign Magloire to another minimum contract, and having Raja Bell, a great defender, good outside shooter would bring veteran leadership and toughness. We will need some to guard Kobe. ;P

If we keep Calderon, than we have veterans at both the guard, wing, and big positions.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

How about an Andrei Kirilenko. I know he wants to play for his Russian friend in Brooklyn but I don't they have any money left. I'd love to have Aaron Gray back as well as I think JV will be in lots of foul trouble this coming season.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

could the Jazz sign and trade Kirilenko to us? does anyone know how that works since he went overseas?
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              could the Jazz sign and trade Kirilenko to us? does anyone know how that works since he went overseas?
              I don't believe a Sign and trade could happen with a player on a team who didn't play with their respective teams last season, I think it was a rule under the new CBA. Might have to ask Matt on that one.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                I don't believe a Sign and trade could happen with a player on a team who didn't play with their respective teams last season, I think it was a rule under the new CBA. Might have to ask Matt on that one.
                I'd totally do Amir/James Johnson for Kirilenko

Comment

I agree that we could use a bigger veteran presence on the team, though I am hesitant to the idea of bringing in any more non-starting caliber wings to further clog those positions. That being said we could use a vet combo-guard that can score, defend, and handle the ball if necessary. I think they should consider vets like Keyon Dooling, John Lucas, DeShawn Stevenson, or Willie Green. I'd even consider Delonte West given his progressed maturity and championship pedigree. All of these guys would come cheap enough to fit into the $3.4 M (approx.) we have in cap space if they wont take the vet minimum. I'd prefer to acquire guys like this via trade however.
                  I think they should move Calderon as opposed to having him come off the bench in a contract year. It's the least they could do given his consistent professionalism while playing for years in what has to have been the most threatened and uncertain starting job in our division, usurping his competition each time. Plus his contract has tons of value.
                  A far as forwards and centers go we could use savvy vet defenders like Matt Barnes, Dahntay Jones, Jared Jeffries, or Jason Collins. Jason Collins has always been a great post defender who plays the game smart, somebody that Jonas could learn from. Special players that I think should also get a look include Steve Novak for his shot-making ability, Joel Przybilla for his defensive awareness and ability to start until Jonas can and Troy Murphy because he can hit shots, defend stretch PFs, and really rebound the ball at a high rate. His stock is low but his production has always been great. These are all the kind of guys Casey could count on to steady the locker room and execute his coaching and mentor the younger guys.

Comment

Kirilenko is washed up, the only thing going for him is his girlfriend and his hair styles..

Comment

did quite well for CSKA Moscow...easily has 5 years left in his career.

Comment

Andrei Kirilenko: Elite Wing Defender, Former Defensive Player of the Year, Good ballhandler/passer for his size, has range out to the 3, is 32 so he can still be effective for 4 more years or so, incredibly high-character, incredibly loyal (which might be why we can't get him), LEGIT PROVEN STARTING SMALL FORWARD IN THE NBA....he's literally perfect, you won't find a better fit lol.

Comment

camby... he will prob go to miami but would be awesome for us i think him and maglore

Comment

If Jose remains on the roster I don't think we need a another veteran PG. I'd be looking at bringing in a vet SF and a C below in order is who I'd prefer.

SF- AK47, Grant Hill,
                            C-Marcus Camby, Joel Przybilla or Bring back Jamal Maglore

Comment

I am interested in Marcus Camby to back up JV if he does not go to miami. What about Nazr Mohammed?

Comment

Working...
                              X