No announcement yet.

Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any PG signing is going to have to come with another transaction prior.

Raps are at 15 now - max allowed for opening day roster.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
      Wolves want Corey Brewer and are not going to resign Ridnour.... so with some sign an trades Raptors could send Camby to Denver, Corey Brewer goes to Wolves and Luke Ridnour comes to the Raptors as the back-up PG
      There was a rumor on ESPN that Ridnour could end up in OKC as part of a S&T deal to help Minny acquire Martin.

If that doesn't go down, I wonder if Miami might still be interested in Camby, as part of a 3-team deal:
      TOR - Ridnour
      MIA - Camby
      MIN - Anthony & 2nd round pick

EDIT: if Minnesota isn't interested in doing a straight Camby-Ridnour swap
      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jul 10, 2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
        Wolves want Corey Brewer and are not going to resign Ridnour.... so with some sign an trades Raptors could send Camby to Denver, Corey Brewer goes to Wolves and Luke Ridnour comes to the Raptors as the back-up PG
        Good idea.

Remember Ridnour is not a free agent. Under contract for 2 years.

I also read somewhere that OKC was looking at Ridnour as part of a S&T.

Comment

Stone is the backup PG.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Too bad Raps have no ability to get Ridnour for dirt.

Comment

Any chance on KAbongo after summer League is wrapped up?

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Any chance on KAbongo after summer League is wrapped up?
                I think it hinges on the direction MU wants to go heading into the season. If they are satisfied with Stone as the backup, then it makes sense to go after a young player as the 3rd string PG. In that scenario, I wouldn't be suprised if Kabongo was at least up for consideration.

Comment

The Raps summer leaague squad is stacked with guards so if they cant find anyone one of them will likely be picked up.. OMG I hope Ujiri signs Myck, just send him down to the D-L for conditioning.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I think it hinges on the direction MU wants to go heading into the season. If they are satisfied with Stone as the backup, then it makes sense to go after a young player as the 3rd string PG. In that scenario, I wouldn't be suprised if Kabongo was at least up for consideration.
                    Lowry may not be healthy for 82 games (he's never really been labeled an ironman). Stone is a relatively unknown backup that is young and has lots to prove. I personally would feel more comfortable with a 3rd string PG that has actually played some ball in the NBA just in case Lowry goes down and Stone isn't adequate enough to log many minutes as relief.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Lowry may not be healthy for 82 games (he's never really been labeled an ironman). Stone is a relatively unknown backup that is young and has lots to prove. I personally would feel more comfortable with a 3rd string PG that has actually played some ball in the NBA just in case Lowry goes down and Stone isn't adequate enough to log many minutes as relief.
                      Lowry gets injured through doing too much hes never really been on a great team. He actually has some players he can lean on for once.

Comment

Minny is trying to get rid of Ridnour and Milwaukee has taken initiative and looks to be in position to get him. He would be a perfect backup PG. MU needs to step in and offer a better deal to snag him! Pleassseeeeee

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                          Minny is trying to get rid of Ridnour and Milwaukee has taken initiative and looks to be in position to get him. He would be a perfect backup PG. MU needs to step in and offer a better deal to snag him! Pleassseeeeee
                          But what can the Raptors offer?

Kleiza?

Camby?

Fields?

You can't enter a negotiation for a valuable piece with pieces of poop and expect to get the valuable piece. Also, this is looking more like a salary dump. So the Raptors without an exception or cap space can't make it happen regardless unless a third team comes in. But with that third team, do they want Kleiza? Camby?

Comment

Lets also not overrate Ridnour. He's fairly consistent and a good shooter. He makes Calderon look like Gary Payton on D though, and he's small. He's also solid as a PG, but nothing special as one in terms of creating and distributing.

Just saying, it's far from the end of the world to miss out on him. He's not that big a difference maker.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, I wouldn't mind a veteran who's nearing the end of his career, who can spend most nights on the bench, but could play steady minutes for limited stretches in the case of an injury to Lowry. Ideally someone who takes zero assets to get, and can be signed for near the vet minimum. Tinsley, Dooling, someone of that ilk, maybe?

Comment

As for all of y'all that hates him and his signing, I personally really, really like the fact that he's coming to Toronto. I think it's a great move. Our frontcourt is very strong, as our wings. Now let's see the situation with Camby, maybe if Billups comes both will want to play there. That would be a hell of a roster.

Valanciunas/Camby/Gray
                                Johnson/Hansbrough/Acy
                                Gay/Novak
                                DeRozan/Ross
                                Lowry/Billups/Stone

Comment

Working...
                                X