Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Majority of the players aren't Italian...

Jack, DeRozen, Weems, Davis, Johnson, Evans...
    He's talking about this game. The Italians eventually lost against Israel.

Comment

• 3nr1c0 wrote: View Post
      there is an explaination for that, unfortunately
      Bargnani 20 (8/15,1/3,1/2) (he had 8 rebounds)
      Belinelli 20 (8/10,0/5,4/5)
      How can you be 8/10 FG and 0/5 3FG in the same game?

Comment

• dagon420 wrote: View Post
        To me it seems like a offensive 7 foot player who is considered athletic should a) defend his position, b) get shots off the dribble and c) rebound well.

I think Dirk beats AB on all of those points - at least the last two for sure.

I would say AB has AVERAGE athleticism and Dirk is certainly above average.
        Why then would Dirk say that Andrea is a better athlete??? Dirk isn't a great athlete he's a good athlete, thats coordinated and skilled (7footer) that is the best 7 footer shooter ever to play in the NBA. Andrea is a better athlete who isn't quite as coordinated as dirk.

Comment

• Macc wrote: View Post
          How can you be 8/10 FG and 0/5 3FG in the same game?
          it'd be 8/15 FG and 0/5 3FG

Comment

• Well I'm italian and I've been following the national team since I was a kid in the 80's...Bargs and Beli (and Gallo but as you know he's not playing) are the only good players in this team. This is one of the weakest incarnations of my beloved Nazionale, with no talent and quality aside from the 3 NBA guys (save maybe Aradori who is still too raw). People confuse the relative success of a couple of players with the level of the whole team and movement; italian bball is in a bad crisis and on the verge of a civil war of sort...but I'm sure you don't care about that. My point is: Bargs and to a lesser extent Beli gave me a good impression BUT they are completely alone; you can't win at this level with 1/2 top players and a bunch of amateurs. In europe teams are pretty close in level, and Israel may lack stars but they are pretty well covered at all positions.
            As for the lack of threes etc by Bargs: the only thing that worked for Azzurri was giving the ball to Andrea in the post and wait for a double team, it was just the game plan, and he just played according to that...you might want to ask Triano about that.
            Oh and Beli was decent on offense but still poor on defense imo, still playing with hands and not with feet...same old story. Bargs for once had guys worse than him with team defense and I don't blame him for that defensive confusion, but still looking slow at reading situations at times.

Comment

• sixtyeight wrote: View Post
              Well I'm italian and I've been following the national team since I was a kid in the 80's...Bargs and Beli (and Gallo but as you know he's not playing) are the only good players in this team. This is one of the weakest incarnations of my beloved Nazionale, with no talent and quality aside from the 3 NBA guys (save maybe Aradori who is still too raw). People confuse the relative success of a couple of players with the level of the whole team and movement; italian bball is in a bad crisis and on the verge of a civil war of sort...but I'm sure you don't care about that. My point is: Bargs and to a lesser extent Beli gave me a good impression BUT they are completely alone; you can't win at this level with 1/2 top players and a bunch of amateurs. In europe teams are pretty close in level, and Israel may lack stars but they are pretty well covered at all positions.
              As for the lack of threes etc by Bargs: the only thing that worked for Azzurri was giving the ball to Andrea in the post and wait for a double team, it was just the game plan, and he just played according to that...you might want to ask Triano about that.
              Oh and Beli was decent on offense but still poor on defense imo, still playing with hands and not with feet...same old story. Bargs for once had guys worse than him with team defense and I don't blame him for that defensive confusion, but still looking slow at reading situations at times.
              Thanks for the insight, solid post.

Comment

• The Impact Of Bargnani's Busy Summer Schedule

I don't know if you all remember the last summer Bargnani had an intense summer schedule but I assure you what followed when he came back for the NBA season was a struggle. This coming NBA season will be one where he's expected to carry the weight of a franchise player. That would be more than enough pressure on him, let alone without a rested body. Do any of you feel his off-season schedule is too much given what he has waiting for him this fall?

Comment

• Belli is more effective when he drives to the basket, unfortuntly in the NBA the players that are guarding him are much bigger and stronger then these euro's and getting to the basket on a consistent basis prove to be alot more difficult. It is no surprise that he settles more for his ugly off balanced jumpers which I hope he should be working on if he wants to get any minutes at all this up coming season.
                  Last edited by Hotshot; Wed Aug 4, 2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• no, I think its great that hes loyal to playing for his country and its the world championships. but, i think like last summer it was unnecessary because there is no world championships you should only be playing for your country if its the world championships or the olympics.

especially, if you are a key part of your team where you play and you definitely should not play if you are coming off a significant injury.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I don't know if you all remember the last summer Bargnani had an intense summer schedule but I assure you what followed when he came back for the NBA season was a struggle. This coming NBA season will be one where he's expected to carry the weight of a franchise player. That would be more than enough pressure on him, let alone without a rested body. Do any of you feel his off-season schedule is too much given what he has waiting for him this fall?
                      If the Raptors have to rely on Bargnani to carry the weight of a franchise player they are in deep deep dooda

The franchise is now in the hands of the "Young Gunz".

http://bit.ly/a8HCJY
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• dude, no posting without voting.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• sixtyeight wrote: View Post
                          Well I'm italian and I've been following the national team since I was a kid in the 80's...Bargs and Beli (and Gallo but as you know he's not playing) are the only good players in this team. This is one of the weakest incarnations of my beloved Nazionale, with no talent and quality aside from the 3 NBA guys (save maybe Aradori who is still too raw). People confuse the relative success of a couple of players with the level of the whole team and movement; italian bball is in a bad crisis and on the verge of a civil war of sort...but I'm sure you don't care about that. My point is: Bargs and to a lesser extent Beli gave me a good impression BUT they are completely alone; you can't win at this level with 1/2 top players and a bunch of amateurs. In europe teams are pretty close in level, and Israel may lack stars but they are pretty well covered at all positions.
                          Well at least Bargs is getting experience at being doubled teamed LOL

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                            no, I think its great that hes loyal to playing for his country and its the world championships. but, i think like last summer it was unnecessary because there is no world championships you should only be playing for your country if its the world championships or the olympics.

especially, if you are a key part of your team where you play and you definitely should not play if you are coming off a significant injury.
                            Italy is not participating in the world championships this year.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              If the Raptors have to rely on Bargnani to carry the weight of a franchise player they are in deep deep dooda

The franchise is now in the hands of the "Young Gunz".
                              ... Andrea is young and nobody on the team is going to be firing their gun as much...

Comment

• The only thing that can help Bargnani's game is heart- going on year 5 we will see if he has the heart to be a franchise player as BC most likely envisioned when drafting him number one overall in 2006. He has to bring it every night- time will tell.

Still best suited as the 1st big man off the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X