Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vykis wrote: View Post
    Just hire the TBJ guys
    +1 The thought of Skeets and Tas ripping into the Raps is gold, Jerry, gold! Course they'd probably have to censor themselves and behave, which they sort of have, their earlier shows were a lot more....graphic. Plus we'd have Hedo back on our screens, which is always a good thing:
    http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/0...ne-skips-town/
    "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
    -Newsradio

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Lets face it Chuck ain't coming back. I vote for KC!
      Oh yeah, Calabro is great. He'd been calling Sonics games form 88' to 08', he sure had a lot of nice things to say about Toronto in that one game he was commentating for us.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        I get the sense. You don't like football in general.

As someone else pointed out. In Hamilton(where I live), Regina, Montreal, Both coasts. Basically every place outside the GTA. Especially, outside Ontario. You can talk about that provinces CFL team and even the CFL for three times as long as the raptors.

In Regina, they made a cereal called "Fantuz Flakes" named after the Roughriders most popular player and the stuff was practically jumping into peoples buggies. If you don't believe me, I will find several articles to back it up.

The CFL is no longer some joke of a league, with two teams sharing a name. Those days are well past.

When I go to games. The fun, even off the field is enough to lighten the mood of scrooge.

On Labour Day, it's always sold out. People who don't even care that much about football go to just make fun of the argos and their 100 fans that show up.

On a personal level, I like the CFL better than the NFL, especially as far as excitemwnt.The pace is so much quicker.
        Hey .. everyone is entitled to their opinion .. and good on ya for liking and supporting the CFL .. Im all for anyone whos passionate about their team / league.

BUT .. the NFL is the best North American sports league by far .. they have their shit in order and produce a great product year after year. You can perhaps argue that a few of the canadian rule tweaks make for a more exciting game (in my opionin .. some do, some dont .. punts arent that exciting ..) but the NFL athletes are (in the same way that NBA athletes are) just soooooo far superior that the game blows the CFL out of the water for me ..

Comment

Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
          +1 The thought of Skeets and Tas ripping into the Raps is gold, Jerry, gold! Course they'd probably have to censor themselves and behave, which they sort of have, their earlier shows were a lot more....graphic. Plus we'd have Hedo back on our screens, which is always a good thing:
          http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/0...ne-skips-town/
          Also, if you can't get Nash, get the guy who looks like him!
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
            Hey .. everyone is entitled to their opinion .. and good on ya for liking and supporting the CFL .. Im all for anyone whos passionate about their team / league.

BUT .. the NFL is the best North American sports league by far .. they have their shit in order and produce a great product year after year. You can perhaps argue that a few of the canadian rule tweaks make for a more exciting game (in my opionin .. some do, some dont .. punts arent that exciting ..) but the NFL athletes are (in the same way that NBA athletes are) just soooooo far superior that the game blows the CFL out of the water for me ..
            see i'm not sure about that. they're all freaks of nature.

i actually watch both leagues about equally and that's my opinion. From the sounds of it, you don't.

If you do ,I respect your opinion fully.

if you don't, i still respect your opinion. but, don't find it valid.
            Last edited by LBF; Mon Jul 30, 2012, 01:44 AM.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Oh man we're gonna need a Everything Devlin sticky now. This seems to happen every couple months.

Devlin is a bit of a goof, but it's hard to be creative when the you're calling a team that sucks all the time. If he told like it is and bashed the Raptors for losing all the time he wouldn't have a job. It's that simple. If you seen him do the playoff games this year you would agree. There's a reason they call him up for playoff games, it's cause he knows what he's doing. Watch some other local broadcasts, we have it pretty good actually. Except of course Leo.
              s
              I find it funny that Toronto seems to be the only major cdn city that doesn't give a crap about CFL. I love the CFL (but im not from TO). I'm not going to tell you it's better than NFL cause I'm not on crack. It is the 2nd best football in the world and it's always fun to find a reason to hate other Canadian cities.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Devlin blows, he's like the poor man's Rob Black and Rob Black is the worst.

Comment

I must be one of the only guys around who actually likes Matt Devlin. Sure, he's a bit goofy, but I think you need to inject a bit of that when the games are hard to watch. Also, if he was so poor, I think the national networks wouldn't be putting him in to do playoff games, as TNT and NBA-TV have been doing for years now. And when you listen to those national TV playoff games, he's actually very, very good.

Comment

Bootsienguyen wrote: View Post
                    I must be one of the only guys around who actually likes Matt Devlin. Sure, he's a bit goofy, but I think you need to inject a bit of that when the games are hard to watch. Also, if he was so poor, I think the national networks wouldn't be putting him in to do playoff games, as TNT and NBA-TV have been doing for years now. And when you listen to those national TV playoff games, he's actually very, very good.
                    +1

The reality is that once he leaves he's everyone is going to be talking about how they miss him. He's sold. Not great, but not bad.

But we can all universally agree that Leo sucks and Rod Black should stick to figure skating.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I think if his voice didn't sound so much like Rod Black I would hate him much less.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        +1

The reality is that once he leaves he's everyone is going to be talking about how they miss him. He's sold. Not great, but not bad.

But we can all universally agree that Leo sucks and Rod Black should stick to figure skating.
                        Don't count on that.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          Oh man we're gonna need a Everything Devlin sticky now. This seems to happen every couple months.

Devlin is a bit of a goof, but it's hard to be creative when the you're calling a team that sucks all the time. If he told like it is and bashed the Raptors for losing all the time he wouldn't have a job. It's that simple. If you seen him do the playoff games this year you would agree. There's a reason they call him up for playoff games, it's cause he knows what he's doing. Watch some other local broadcasts, we have it pretty good actually. Except of course Leo.
                          s
                          I find it funny that Toronto seems to be the only major cdn city that doesn't give a crap about CFL. I love the CFL (but im not from TO). I'm not going to tell you it's better than NFL cause I'm not on crack. It is the 2nd best football in the world and it's always fun to find a reason to hate other Canadian cities.
                          I just can't stand the greed in the nfl.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            see i'm not sure about that. they're all freaks of nature.

i actually watch both leagues about equally and that's my opinion. From the sounds of it, you don't.

If you do ,I respect your opinion fully.

if you don't, i still respect your opinion. but, don't find it valid.
                            I watch both .. similar to how I watch both CIS and NCAA bball .. and in the context, generally enjoy both. However, I would never confuse the fact that the CIS is better ball than NCAA (or that NCAA is better ball than the NBA as some people who love the tourney like to claim).

I look at the CFL the same way. If there is an NFL and a CFL game on .. no way in hell I go to CFL. But .. on a random night with nothing else on .. sure, the CFL is watchable

Comment

The only raptors announcing crew member I have ever liked is Jack Armstrong. He has his cheesy bits but I like his floor game.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                                I watch both .. similar to how I watch both CIS and NCAA bball .. and in the context, generally enjoy both. However, I would never confuse the fact that the CIS is better ball than NCAA (or that NCAA is better ball than the NBA as some people who love the tourney like to claim).

I look at the CFL the same way. If there is an NFL and a CFL game on .. no way in hell I go to CFL. But .. on a random night with nothing else on .. sure, the CFL is watchable
                                You can't compare college to the major leagues. That's like comparing the minors to the majors.

The CFL and NFL are both pro leagues.

There is an equal amount of difficulty to both leagues and the more and more I try to find reasons for the NFL being better than the CFL, I can't.

At least, as far as on-field product goes.

It's like the euros and NBA. The KHL and NHL. Even the best athletes need time to adapt because of the different rules and such.

To me the only difference on-field to do with players between cfl and nfl. Is that the CFL players are smaller or averaged size.

Comment

Working...
                                X