Teammates heavily criticized Bargnani in team meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teammates heavily criticized Bargnani in team meeting

Then there is Andrea Bargnani, Toronto’s windy avatar of dissatisfaction. According to sources, the team meeting following the 131-99 loss in Utah involved heavy criticism of Bargnani from his teammates, with some also directed towards point guard Lowry for overly self-centred play. But Bargnani, as always, was the focus.

Anybody can see why. He is back to being his own disinterested self, hoisting jumpers and standing straight-legged. Nobody has ever been able to reach him in his seven-year career; not Colangelo, not his coaches, not his teammates. Last season he was half-involved; this season he has melted back into his unformed puddle of untapped talent. He is grabbing the lowest percentage of available rebounds, 7.6%, of his career. It’s the worst basketball he has played since his disastrous sophomore season. He is finally being shopped, which means even Colangelo is giving up the ghost. But right now, there are no takers.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...er-crossroads/

THIS GUY NEEDS TO GET TRADED NOOOOOWWWWWWWW

why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...er-crossroads/

THIS GUY NEEDS TO GET TRADED NOOOOOWWWWWWWW
    thank you for posting. A week back I made a somewhat inappropriate thread, because there was little evidence to back up that bargnani's teammates were unsatisfied with his play and it could certainly be called hate mongering, I feel a little vindicated now...
    Last edited by akashsingh; Tue Dec 11, 2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

It's a question of buyers, really. With his current contract, and all these reports coming out, who in their right mind would take him? Look to next year, I say. Some of the guys haven't been so bad this year; Demar and Ed have really improved, as well as Lowry coming in and beasting. Play the youth, and look to the 2013 free agency/2014 draft. With Jose's contract ending, I'm not averse to amnestying Bargs at seasons end if we can't find a buyer. That'll give us big money to play with, and hopefully we go for a star to join our improving cast.
      Oh, and to make this post RR credible, #fireBC

Comment

Good post. Glad to hear Bargnani is being held accountable and that he's still shit and should be traded.

Comment

Don't forget about Lowry guys.

Quote from Ryan Wolstat:

"Players yelling at Bargnani and Lowry in the meeting seems about right. Been saying for a while coddling of Bargnani grated on teammates"
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

"involved heavy criticism of Bargnani from his teammates, with some also directed towards point guard Lowry for overly self-centred play."

here's how it went:

everyone: you fucking suck

bargs: yeah well, kyle's a ball hog.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
              "involved heavy criticism of Bargnani from his teammates, with some also directed towards point guard Lowry for overly self-centred play."

here's how it went:

Ahahaha, I can totally imagine him just mumbling that with everyone staring at him.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
                Ahahaha, I can totally imagine him just mumbling that with everyone staring at him.
                don't get me wrong, kyle deserves flack for his questionable decision making, I am just making a joke.

Comment

don't get me wrong, kyle deserves flack for his questionable decision making, I am just making a joke.
                  I know, it just seemed like quickly deflecting any criticism would be exactly how he would act.

Comment

He(Bargnani) clearly doesnt give a shit. He's not gonna be reached by being called out.

I suggest sarcasm. If I was on the team, I'd be like "hey,good job out there. You got like 1 rebound, tonight. Way to go!"
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

What can we do to motivate a guy who makes 10 million a year regardless of performance? He may play well in his contract year or maybe he'll just retire.

Comment

here's how it went:

Nah I don't imagine Bargnani did much complaining. He probably just sat in the corner eating primo while taking all the hate.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
                          It's a question of buyers, really. With his current contract, and all these reports coming out, who in their right mind would take him? Look to next year, I say. Some of the guys haven't been so bad this year; Demar and Ed have really improved, as well as Lowry coming in and beasting. Play the youth, and look to the 2013 free agency/2014 draft. With Jose's contract ending, I'm not averse to amnestying Bargs at seasons end if we can't find a buyer. That'll give us big money to play with, and hopefully we go for a star to join our improving cast.
                          Oh, and to make this post RR credible, #fireBC
                          This is exactly what I was thinking yesterday. We'd likely have to take on a shitty contract or end might up getting no real value in return for #7 via trade. Amnesty might be the best option they have, unless of course BC is still giving away $6M contracts to middling bench players.

Having BC in this lame duck situation right now could be very detrimental to the team. He's in a real hole right now and will probably make some sort of "big" move to fuck up our future. Whatever that may be... a la Rob Babcock.

Comment

Not to divert the attention away from Bargnani but do you get the feeling that the part about Calderon is less investigative journalism of breaking news and more a concept just rehashed from the off season (ie they don't really give a time line for this thought)

"The Lakers have been reported as a possible destination for Bargnani as part of a possible deal involving forward Pau Gasol, but the big man is up for discussion in any and all trade talks so long as the potential pieces coming Toronto's are good enough that they could help right this ship. Point guard Jose Calderon has made it clear that he would like to be traded, and Colangelo continues to explore the possibilities there as well. A Raptors trade of some significance, more than likely, is on the horizon."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-seat/1759593/

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              This is exactly what I was thinking yesterday. We'd likely have to take on a shitty contract or end might up getting no real value in return for #7 via trade. Amnesty might be the best option they have, unless of course BC is still giving away $6M contracts to middling bench players.

Having BC in this lame duck situation right now could be very detrimental to the team. He's in a real hole right now and will probably make some sort of "big" move to fuck up our future. Whatever that may be... a la Rob Babcock.
                              +1 I was going to create a thread about amnestying him in the offseason but I felt it was premature. The raptors have absolutely no cap space to improve next season. If raptors don't trade or amnesty Bargnani it'll be close to impossible to improve.

Comment

Working...
                              X