Okc-Pho-Orl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okc-Pho-Orl

I know Toronto isn't a part of this trade, but I was thinking it was a great trade for all 3 teams. OKC gets a stacked starting lineup, Pheonix and Orlando give up stars that will leave in FA anyway, for young talent.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=md6l4lh

Okc sends: Dallas' 1st round pick top 20 protected, Lamb, Jackson, Jones, Thabeet, Perkins
    Okc recieves: Gortat, Afflalo, Tucker

Gortat
    Ibaka
    Durant
    Afflalo
    Westbrook
    This team is going for a championship, and this squad matches up well against Miami

Pheonix sends: Gortat, Tucker, Frye
    Pheonix recieves: Perkins, Lamb, Jones

Flip Gortat who will leave in FA for a future starting SG in Lamb. They send a bad contract and receive one

Orlando sends: Afflalo
    Orlando receives: Jackson, Thabeet, Frye, Dallas 1st rounder

Get maybe their future PG, pick

Why on earth would Phoenix do this?

They're taking on more salary by taking Perkins deal instead of Frye's, and at least Channing is actually a good offensive player as a stretch big (shoots almost 40% from 3 on his career and averages about 10-5 in 25 minutes). Additionally they're basically getting nothing for Gortat except two prospects who haven't done anything at the NBA level yet.

Just makes no sense for the Suns right now. They could get more for a center like Gortat on an inexpensive deal.

Comment

the trade would make even less sense for OKC. Their only back up point guard would be...... DEREK FISHER?!!?
      ew.

Comment

arctic donkey wrote: View Post
        the trade would make even less sense for OKC. Their only back up point guard would be...... DEREK FISHER?!!?
        ew.
        Rofl. They can find some other backup. They can also let Afflalo to be the bench playmaker a la Harden / Kevin Martin. They clearly get better in this deal.

The bigger problem for OKC, can they afford to keep Gortat past this year? I suspect not.

Which is why from their point of view, they pay a big enough price here. But the Suns and the Magic would probably be able to get more for their pieces from some other team.

I'm surprised that there haven't been any Blazers-Suns rumors. It would be such a natural fit. Robin Lopez + CJ McCollum or some picks for Gortat.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
          Why on earth would Phoenix do this?

They're taking on more salary by taking Perkins deal instead of Frye's, and at least Channing is actually a good offensive player as a stretch big (shoots almost 40% from 3 on his career and averages about 10-5 in 25 minutes). Additionally they're basically getting nothing for Gortat except two prospects who haven't done anything at the NBA level yet.

Just makes no sense for the Suns right now. They could get more for a center like Gortat on an inexpensive deal.
          Well Suns are a tanking team that would like to have some young talent. They get rid of Gortat, who is unhappy with being in Phoenix, and Frye, who is overpaid. I would easily take on more salary especially if it means getting two young prospects in Lamb and Jones who are wasting away their talents in OKC. Perkins is a trading chip in the 2014-2015 season as an expiring contract. I would do this trade if I was Phoenix. Don't know you would choose the Phoenix Suns as the reason for doing this trade. I would expect you to harp on this horrible trade for the Thunders.

Comment

arctic donkey wrote: View Post
            ew.
            You cant be serious. With Westbrook playing 40 minutes a game, a backup PG is irrelevant in a trade for 2 starters

Comment

Working...
            X