Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo Says Bosh "Checked Out" (Sun Article Posted On Pg.6/Post #43)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Says Bosh "Checked Out" (Sun Article Posted On Pg.6/Post #43)

not sure if this was already discussed in a thread, but in this interview with FAN590, BC seems to be implying that after the all-star break when bosh got injured, it was "supposedly" a sprained ankle, but there were no significant swelling or muscle damage that was revelaed, but Bosh still took 6 days off to so-called "rest" the ankle, and then BC also said that when Bosh came back after the injury, he wasnt himself anymore and he was not sure if it was because of the injury or his head wasnt just with the season anymore. he also mentioned whatever was discussed during the all-star break may have affected Bosh (meeting with LBJ and wade)

he used phrases like "bosh took the easy way out" and "this was obviously been brewing for some time now" (joining forces)

WOW. was BC subtly accusing Bosh of tanking last season???

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...26_173501_6484

Main quotes (added by Arse):

Despite limited swelling and any kind of excessive damange on an X-Ray or MRI, he felt like he needed to sit for six more games. That was a very important period for us and coming back from not working out, his timing was off, his conditioning off and so we were set back even further. So six games were stretched to maybe 8, 9 or 10 games.
    I talked so much about those voices that might have been speaking to him at the All-Star [game], I think it's pretty obvious right now what some of those voices were. Whether he was mentally checked out or wasn't quite into it down the stretch, he wasn't the same guy and everybody saw that and everybody saw that and nobody wanted to acknowledge it. At the same time I really don't feel we were quite in the game, there was too much out there, too much built up for him to take an easy out here, and he decided to do that and that's his choice. Obviously, it's a choice that someone else made, LeBron made the same choice in Cleveland.
    I'm not even questioning Chris' injury. He was basically cleared to play subject to tolerance on his part and the tolerance just wasn't there and he chose not to play. But, the fact that our season was spiralling downward and we were hoping that he came back sooner.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 09:51 PM.

oh,this was reported since the raptors started failing down the stretch. he's not accusing bosh of tanking,he's telling everyone the truth.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Tho BC says CB didn't check out, he said he checked out...

Just listened to BC on the fan590 and wasn'ts surprised to hear BC say that Bosh took an extra 6 games off after inviting his ankle post-allstar break, considering what's gone down in Miami, though, get this: all medical reports had cleared Bosh to play but he just decided not to when the team needed him most during that start of that bad stretch...
      When asked twice by the fan590 host a second time if CB had "checked out" by that point, BC played diplomat/politician by denying that Bosh had checked out.

Though there was no whining going on on Bosh's part, he's dipped his foot into VC territory (minus the outright disclosure that he didn't give it his all). Lame.
      Last edited by Own Up; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

more than 6 days...

It was an additional 6 GAMES!! So that would amount to more than 6 days when you account for the off-days in between games. Right in the middle of a playoff hunt as well (fighting for the 4th/5th spot).

As much as people hate Tmac on here, I remember when he was with Orlando, the guy took shots to the ankle so that he could still play during the playoffs.

Comment

Colangelo saw it coming

I remember the comments from Colangelo back in mid-season about how Bosh checked out after the all-star game. At the time, I thought it wasn't true. Now seeing how things worked out, it's pretty clear that it was bang on.

Well noticed and stated, Colangelo. He's smarter than most of us fans.

Comment

Own Up wrote: View Post
            Just listened to BC on the fan590 and wasn'ts surprised to hear BC say that Bosh took an extra 6 games off after inviting his ankle post-allstar break, considering what's gone down in Miami, though, get this: all medical reports had cleared Bosh to play but he just decided not to when the team needed him most during that start of that bad stretch...
            When asked twice by the fan590 host a second time if CB had "checked out" by that point, BC played diplomat/politician by denying that Bosh had checked out.

Though there was no whining going on on Bosh's part, he's dipped his foot into VC territory (minus the outright disclosure that he didn't give it his all). Lame.
            w/e man I didn't want us to make the playoffs anyways only to be swept in 4. Think about it this way, we got Ed Davis for nothing... one step closer to building a contender. Personally I am glad Bosh is gone (too bad we got nothing for him tho), with him we could only be a mediocre team, but now we can tank and get a real franchise player...
            Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

What a LOAD of CRAP !!! Bad mouthing is player after he is gone, Looking for excuses to justify his failures ....

Just like a coward, BC is hiding behind excuses and blaming others.

Comment

It would be one thing if none of this was suspected at the time. Fact is that virtually everyone saw with their own eyes that there was something fishy with Bosh.

By mid-March all major media, blogs and forums were wondering what the hell was wrong with Bosh and they were talking about it!

Over four months ago I wrote:

The criticism of Bosh is coming from a lot of different observers. In today’s Toronto papers the question of Bosh’s effort or lack thereof was broached by Dave Feschuk in the Star, Frank Zicarelli in the Sun and Eric Koreen in the National Post.

Some eyebrows were raised earlier, as a result of a humiliating blowout at home by the Utah Jazz. On his radio show on Thursday, Raptor analyst Jack Armstrong was quite direct in his assessment of Chris Bosh's recent performance.

Jack noted the drop-off in Chris' play and intensity at precisely the time when the Raptors need Bosh to do more.
                So you can't say this is an issue concocted by Colangelo after the fact. Reality is that there is proof in writing dating back to February that many observers and fans questioned Bosh's performance and commitment after the ASG.
                Last edited by RaptorTalk; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 11:20 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

damn. . .

its unbelievable, but it is more likely than not that bosh had given up. Even when he returned, he knew his time with the raptors was up when he realized the best this team was ever going to be was borderline .500 with him as the centerpiece. We need to stop talking so much about bosh tho,... he is no longer a Toronto Raptor!

Comment

ya I suspected Bosh was tanking those games for reasons unknown to me. I think he might of missed that easy 2 foot layup on purpose against GSW so the raptors could miss the playoffs and it would be easier for him to leave
                    ya dun noe

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      What a LOAD of CRAP !!! Bad mouthing is player after he is gone, Looking for excuses to justify his failures ....

What do you suppose he do while the season is still in the balance (appearance in the playoffs) and he suspects his "franchise" player is turtling and ready to jump ship?

This crap has to stop like CP doing what he is in NO. At least he is being upfront with it. If there is truth to this it is Bosh who is the coward for letting his teammates down. Xrays, mri and and lack of swelling dont lie and doctors as well.

Comment

I dunno, Raptor4Ever. First off, the first one that I know of who called it - that Bosh had made up his mind to leave at the end of the season, during the All Star break - was ... me.

I don’t say that looking for kudos or anything (who cares - not me), but when I first said it, more than a few disagreed - some strongly ... and I did sort of feel like the bearer of bad news, but at the same time, I was pissed about it - but I said it (and then said it again) all here on RR ... and only then really, did I notice that nobody else - in the media or anywhere - had even hinted at it yet. A week or so later, Feschuk at the Star starting saying it ... and eventually Colangelo sort of admitted that ‘it looked like someone got into his head’ ... or something to the effect.

The point is though, IF Bosh really was more ready to go when his ankle injury was healing, than he let on ... what could Colangelo have done, right then? Not much that I can imagine. [In retrospect, his biggest mistake might've been that he obviously believed that Bosh might stay from what Bosh had said, enough so that he didn’t trade him when he could’ve ... which again, may’ve been his one real mistake with the whole thing (?)] BC saying it now can be taken one way and/or another ... and maybe the optics of it can be spun to suggest that Colangelo is being a dick by saying it now, but ... personally, I don’t think so. If Bosh did ‘check out’, as more were tending to think as time (and games) were going by ... and factoring in what we know now doesn’t exactly contradict the theory ... he might actually be a bigger dick than any of us - and I was a long-time fan and supporter of Bosh - might’ve dreamed that he was.

It’s a tough reality if it is reality ... ‘cause for the years he was here, right up to near the end, he was always referred to as ‘a class act’. And we all bought it, wisely or not so.

But seeing what we see now, maybe ... he did the ‘class act’ thing only up until it didn’t suit his own purposes anymore ... which was well before the season was over. At the end of the day, I don’t miss him nearly as much as I thought I would. And I’ll do my best to not even think about him while watching this season’s version of the Raptors. And I sure doubt I'll be a Chris Bosh fan ever again.
                        Last edited by ws511; Mon Jul 26, 2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                          ya I suspected Bosh was tanking those games for reasons unknown to me. I think he might of missed that easy 2 foot layup on purpose against GSW so the raptors could miss the playoffs and it would be easier for him to leave
                          Now I think that's going a bit too far.

Comment

Water under the bridge, but it has to be said: Chris Bosh conned Bryan Colangelo. I don't know why, but he did it. He could've plainly told Colangelo that he had little intention of staying in Toronto and that would've been that. The split would've been over much sooner and the Raptors would've already had a year of proper rebuilding under their belt. Instead, he led him on and got Colangelo's hopes high for no reason.

Comment

Bad mouthing a player while he is on your team and soon to be a free-agent would be a load of crap. He wasn't looking for excuses, I think its the truth and although I don't think Bosh Tanked on purpose but the extra 6 days off when he was cleared to play in a key moment in the season just shows that he wasn't a franchise player for us so good riddance.

Comment

Working...
                              X