Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I'm back ... anything happen while I was gone..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'm back ... anything happen while I was gone..?

Hahah, HOLY MOLY!
    I picked one hell of a 2 weeks to take a European Vacation!

Not going to lie.. at first I was a little "meh" about the selection of Dwayne Casey .. but you know what ... he's growing on me like a bad mole. I like this guy. Perhpas he's alot of "Say the right thing now" but y'know .. I don't get that. I get that feeling that he's going to be on these guys day and night and I think we're going to see a completely renewed Raptors next season. The effort at one point last season was discouraging to say the least. No way Casey lets that fly.

Jonas, again, I was pretty "meh" on that selection as well, but I think that has more to do with the fact that he was almost the ONLY guy I didn't bother to scout extensively pre-draft. Just didn't think we would take him.
    But again, I like his attitude, and I think in a few years, he's going to be something special. Mind you, most of us said the same thing about Bargs and now most of us are eating our words. I think there are ALOT of cards yet to be shown on both sides of the table.

Anyway, I guess with the lockout now in place, things should settle down...
    Right as I get back ... wonderdful.

Now I must spend a few hours reading posts to see what kind of drama I missed out on! haha

Apollo still hasn't bought everyone wings
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You missed Raptors fans going between despair and joy and back down to contentment with the pick.

Comment

EARMUFFS!!!

How were the hookers?

Comment

You missed a series of calm, rational decisions between members about the merits and flaws of Andrea Bargnani.
          "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
          -Newsradio

Comment

Welcome back Joey.

ceez wrote: View Post
            You guys told me you weren't into McCartney.

Comment

we're not into mccartney. but, one thing we are into is wings!

p.s. didn't realize i was over 2000 posts and then i look at buddy above me.

I guess it's all about the cfl and mlb now and watch rsn and tsn waste a bunch of money on slobs sitting at a table for hours eating pizza.

which is funny because I can go to the ti-cat game tonight and watch the same thing.
              Last edited by LBF; Fri Jul 1, 2011, 12:18 PM.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Ok good, then I didn't miss the best part.

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                You missed Raptors fans going between despair and joy and back down to contentment with the pick.
                So I should go back a few pages and start my reading there, eh?

Mack North wrote: View Post
                EARMUFFS!!!
                How were the hookers?
                They are good! They all send their love!

Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
                You missed a series of calm, rational decisions between members about the merits and flaws of Andrea Bargnani.
                hahahaha

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Welcome back Joey.

You guys told me you weren't into McCartney.
                Thanks man, nice to be back in the swing of things, not going to lie.
                And I don't know 'McCartneys' wings. Should I??

LBF wrote: View Post
                p.s. didn't realize i was over 2000 posts and then i look at buddy above me.
                Not sure anyone has a chance of catching up to Apollo. We can only admire his above average.. lasting power.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Thanks man, nice to be back in the swing of things, not going to lie.
                  And I don't know 'McCartneys' wings. Should I??
                  Allow me to educate you:

There, I got you guys some wings. My debt is paid in full.

Not sure anyone has a chance of catching up to Apollo. We can only admire his above average.. lasting power.
                  Bahahaha, more like admire my easily distracted mind at work.

Comment

What was the general opinion around these parts about the Tristan Thompson pick at #4? I always said, from day one, and I'm pretty sure I was alone in this, I thought he'd go high. But not THAT high. I couldn't believe it when I got back and saw he went #4. LOVING IT.

Comment

Best pick the Cavs made, :P. They essentially moved us up one spot.

So thank you Tristan Thompson, you did your part for Toronto even though you did not get drafted by us. You impressed in Cleveland so much so that your home town team got to pick one rung higher than expected.

Tristan Thompson is a good Torontonian.

Comment

I heard they did not actually want him at 4 but wanted to trade down with Charlotte to get an extra pick....
                        forget where that was though...

Comment

What was the general opinion around these parts about the Tristan Thompson pick at #4? I always said, from day one, and I'm pretty sure I was alone in this, I thought he'd go high. But not THAT high. I couldn't believe it when I got back and saw he went #4. LOVING IT.
                          It set the Raptors up in a position to grab a talented center when it seemed like the only two worth talking about in the top five were going to go to Utah and Cleveland. I'm happy for Tristan. I was surprised when they called his name, not because I doubt his talents but because absolutely nobody thought he was legitimately in play at #4. I think he's going to have a wonderful career but I do feel there there are guys who were taken after him, such as JV, who have the potential to impact the league more. That said, Tristan Thompson is a safe pick. You know he's going to make it and he has some good upside. My question would be did the Cavs settle on him because they didn't want to wait a year or two on JV or did they settle on him solely because they felt he was the best player left at that point? I feel the Cavs have a lot more pressure on them to improve faster than the Raptors do.

Comment

i was on the TTC on my way home from work, checking the draft on my iphone at the time... and my immediate thought was "wow.. dan gilbert has gone kahn-crazy"

good for tristan... but i still think gilbert has gone completely insane

Comment

The Lebron fiasco has made Cleveland value character, work ethic, personality and all those other basketball-related synonyms that mean you're a half decent human being over anything else. TT has all those qualities in excess which is why I think they ended up reaching for him - they fell in love during the interview process.

Comment

Working...
                              X