Offseason Goal For Every Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Goal For Every Players

PG - Kyle Lowry - instead of promoting for his marketing campaign on energy drinks, Lowry can definitely hit the gym with his buddy DeMar and Rudy to improve his shooting and defense. I expect Lowry to play a big role next season, i want to see him average at least 15ppg and dishing out 8apg next year.

SG - DeMar DeRozan - he will probably work hard in the summer on his 3 point shooting % and on top of that play in the drew league again i suspect. I expect him to become an elite SG, a possible Allstar candidate next year. 20+ppg

SF - Rudy Gay - Take a big vacation, travel the world and possibly play a few charity ball game in China or S.Korea. He needs to work on his timing and team play, get his team better. I expect him to make to the allstar game next year and become our cornerstone of a franchise to build upon. 20+ppg

PF - Amir Johnson - Take a big vacation, possibly travel with Gay and enjoy a good time. Improve on his free throw and 3 point shoot range. I expect him to be a possible Allstar candidate next year. 12ppg, 10+rpg

C - Jonas Valanciunas - Take a big vacation for a month and get prepared for the FIBA in the summer, he will play a major role for the Lithuanian team. Then, come back a few weeks before training camp and get ready to hit the gym and ready for next season. I expect him to be a possible Allstar candidate next year. 10+ppg, 10+rpg

SG - Terrence Ross - Take a vacation for a month, then needs to improve on every facet of his game and confidence level, probably train with DeMar or Rudy or spend time with other professional players around this league (Kobe, Lebron, Wade, JR Smith) and learn every aspect of the game. I expect him to play in the Rookie VS Sophomore game and retain his title for the dunk contest. 10+ppg

SF - Landry Fields - Take a big vacation and spend his time with his gf and play music all day long, spend his money on vacation, food, fun things. 8+ppg

PF - Quincy Acy - Probably will play in the drew league and improve on his post play and ball handling. 5+ppg, 8+rpg

C - Aaron Gray - Chill with his family, looks like a family guy

Why taking a vacation is a goal for almost every guy?

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
      Why taking a vacation is a goal for almost every guy?
      And the Raptors are sending three guys to the all star game next year? DD, Gay and JV?
      Last edited by Fully; Fri Apr 19, 2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

what an awful list.

demar derozan: defense first, hitting the 3 second.

kyle lowry: getting comfortable running casey plays as he still has to do it 40% of the time, I don't think kyle will change the way he gambles on defense.

Rudy gay: defense, improve court vision

Amir johnson: less mechanical, more automatic 15-20 ft jumpshot, and you're right take a big vacation.

Valanciunas: better positioning for rebounds, improve post game, learn how to pass out of double teams, strength, learn how to react quicker defensively.

acy: more consistency with jumpshot. Mass without loosing quickness.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          And the Raptors are sending three guys to the all star game next year? Rudy, Gay and JV?

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
            And the Raptors are sending three guys to the all star game next year? Rudy, Gay and JV?
            Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 allstar candidates next year , we're gonna be better than Miami in that department, the key to that is a good vacation.

Comment

I dont mind Amir's jumpshot being mechanical yes it looks awkward when he takes it but its dropping and he takes it with confidence defenders let him do it too so amir is doing a good job of making them pay. The shot however is something a defender would want him to take though.

Johnson said he wants the team back a month early to start working out together to prepare even earlier for next season. So what Late August?

Comment

My favourite line is: Ross to "spend time with professionals" like Kobe, LeBron, Wade...then JR Smith? Even Sesame Street could tell what 'one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong'

That and Lowry doesn't get to have a vacation.

Another great tenforthewin post.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think my expectations for this team next year are quite high, but woah, not that high. And that would be four possible all-stars...JV, RG, DD, and Amir? IF the four of these guys are even a consideration for next years all-star game, then I expect we will be just behind the Heat for conference lead. No all-stars, but the team should perform better.

15 and 8 from Lowry would be great. I expect DD and RG about the same as this year, but more efficient (hopefully). And I'd swap your production expectations for JV and Amir.

Comment

Comment

The off season goal is to finally get an NBA BIG commercial......

Comment

Comment

How many of these guys need to just come into camp in shape? Get their rehab on, that sort of thing.

Comment

Derozan: Foot speed. Needs to hit the gym and do agility excercises. This will help his defense and his handles. Shot technique is important to.

Jonas: Strength and power. Hit the weight room. Doing some grappling might be good to, if he's careful about it. Also, work the left hand.

Amir Johnson: Mechanics of his shot and his handle. Try to get together with Jonas to develop some chemistry.

Rudy Gay: Passing mechanics and shot mechanics. He has some fundamental issues and relies way to much on his physical gifts.

Kyle Lowry: Tape. Watch team mates, see there patterns so you know when to look for a guy. See when you make the wrong play. This camera tech they keep espousing should help with this.

Landry Fields: Shot mechanics. 100% all summer. Needs to rework it now that his arm is healthy.

Terrance Ross: Tape. Decision making, review good shots and bad shots, watch the guys you want to emulate (Ray Allen, Kobe, Reggie Miller) and see how they move, what shots they take, how they defend, and what their attitude is. He has a lot of work to do.

Alan Anderson: Practice not shooting the ball. Like, give him a ball and ask him to stand at the three point line and not shoot it. Bet he can't do it.
                            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                              Derozan: Foot speed. Needs to hit the gym and do agility excercises. This will help his defense and his handles. Shot technique is important to.

Jonas: Strength and power. Hit the weight room. Doing some grappling might be good to, if he's careful about it. Also, work the left hand.

Amir Johnson: Mechanics of his shot and his handle. Try to get together with Jonas to develop some chemistry.

Rudy Gay: Passing mechanics and shot mechanics. He has some fundamental issues and relies way to much on his physical gifts.

Kyle Lowry: Tape. Watch team mates, see there patterns so you know when to look for a guy. See when you make the wrong play. This camera tech they keep espousing should help with this.

Landry Fields: Shot mechanics. 100% all summer. Needs to rework it now that his arm is healthy.

Terrance Ross: Tape. Decision making, review good shots and bad shots, watch the guys you want to emulate (Ray Allen, Kobe, Reggie Miller) and see how they move, what shots they take, how they defend, and what their attitude is. He has a lot of work to do.

Alan Anderson: Practice not shooting the ball. Like, give him a ball and ask him to stand at the three point line and not shoot it. Bet he can't do it.

I'd give the same advice to John Lucas.

Comment

Working...
                              X