Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess I'm drinkin the Kool-Aid right now, but if we could pull this off, I'd be ecastic if this happened:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=csh3w3v

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
      just got home and read about the deal on thescore.com. Nice fall back plan.

also, found a familiar former poster wreaking havoc in the comments and plugging his blog away.

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...or-kyle-lowry/
      Finally something that makes sense. This was a really good trade. Forbes was a bargain bin pick'up, the pick is protected. It was very unlikely for the Raptors to draft a guy of Lowry's ability with that pick. I like this. He needs to do more still though. Good start.

Comment

• By the way, Calderon is probably done here now for real. Expect a trade.

Comment

• People will like this trade until the Raps finish 9th and don't have a lottery pick. Then everyone will complain how shortsighted the trade was at the time. Hopefully, they're getting a motivated player who wants to be here.

Comment

• I'm not liking the idea of chasing Iggy. Although he's an upgrade over Fields/Johnson/Kleiza, I don't think he's an ideal fit on both sides of the ball. Spending that much on a SF who still can't create his own shot is a bad idea, IMO.

Gay, Granger, Chandler and Batum make much more sense in that regard.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              People will like this trade until the Raps finish 9th and don't have a lottery pick. Then everyone will complain how shortsighted the trade was at the time. Hopefully, they're getting a motivated player who wants to be here.
              We might be able to acquire another 1st round pick in any upcoming transaction. Colangelo would be wise to have that in the back of his mind.

Comment

• Imperial wrote: View Post
                Good deal. We didn't have to give up too much either. Nice turnaround on the Nash failure. A lottery pick, yeah, maybe, but BC is probably working under the impression that its playoffs or bust.
                +1
                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• It's not like they would have gotten a top pick anyway.. if they rolled with Jose again, they still would have a chance at the playoffs

Comment

People will like this trade until the Raps finish 9th and don't have a lottery pick. Then everyone will complain how shortsighted the trade was at the time. Hopefully, they're getting a motivated player who wants to be here.
                    Not gonna happen. Not wise to assume this is the last move for Colangelo on a contract year.

Comment

• As GREAT of a trade as I think this is from a value standpoint, I can't support it. I don't think it makes us much better and if anything, pushes us closer to mediocrity aka basketball hell. I would have preferred a deal with someone with huge potential, even at a risk. Nash > Dragic > Lin > Lowry in my opinion.

Hopefully BC has something in the works to trade for a legitimate SF. We have tons to deal with, Jose's contract, ED (please get rid of him while he still has a little value). Also, BC needs to make a decision on whether to move forward with DD or not as his guy. All signs point to no by drafting a guy like Ross and signing Fields. No matter what anyone says about how many games he started at the 3, he is a 2. So use our assets to grab a real 3, not a plug n' play.

Comment

They aren't finishing 9th... they will either be in the playoffs or one spot away.

Comment

• Rjp981 wrote: View Post
                          As GREAT of a trade as I think this is from a value standpoint, I can't support it. I don't think it makes us much better and if anything, pushes us closer to mediocrity aka basketball hell. I would have preferred a deal with someone with huge potential, even at a risk. Nash > Dragic > Lin > Lowry in my opinion.

Hopefully BC has something in the works to trade for a legitimate SF. We have tons to deal with, Jose's contract, ED (please get rid of him while he still has a little value). Also, BC needs to make a decision on whether to move forward with DD or not as his guy. All signs point to no by drafting a guy like Ross and signing Fields. No matter what anyone says about how many games he started at the 3, he is a 2. So use our assets to grab a real 3, not a plug n' play.

Nash and Dragic are already gone. Lin over Lowry. No, thank you. We'd grossly overpay to get him and it would just be a publicity stunt. The jury is still out on Lin and his consistency. Lowry is a proven defender. Lin is not.
                          Last edited by Imperial; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Isn't 9th one spot away?

Comment

• Rjp981 wrote: View Post
                              As GREAT of a trade as I think this is from a value standpoint, I can't support it. I don't think it makes us much better and if anything, pushes us closer to mediocrity aka basketball hell. I would have preferred a deal with someone with huge potential, even at a risk. Nash > Dragic > Lin > Lowry in my opinion.

Lin is not better than Lowry and Dragic is not better than Lowry either. Potential only matters if you can reach it, Lin played good but only for a short period of time, same with Dragic. This doesn't push us towards mediocrity, you know why? because we have 3 rookies coming in that can help make us better every year because they will continue growing as a young core and so will our win total. I think you forgot that DeMar, Ross, Acy, Valanciunas, and Ed are all still very young and have a lot of growing to do. As they improve so too will the team

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                                Isn't 9th one spot away?
                                he means 9th from the bottom

Comment

Working...
                                X