Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solve the equation: (1 of DeRozan/Ross) + (#tradeBargnani) = quality starting PF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swingman wrote:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mgcdrrb
    Straight-up salary clearing. I suppose Acy doesn't have to be on it, but I threw him on because if he was needed to sweeten the deal I would.
    I'd take expensive Boozer over Frye and his unfortunate heart condition.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post

I meant to post it in the other Bargs thread (I know there's about a million of them right now).
      Dunno, I don't really wanna have to give up too much in terms of picks or young guys, this is a good way just to get rid of Bargs with as little lost as possible.

Edit: Holy shit I'm tired.
      Last edited by swingman; Mon May 20, 2013, 01:14 AM.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
        I meant to posted in the other Bargs thread (I know there's about a million of them right now).
        Dunno, I don't really wanna have to give up too much in terms of picks or young guys, this is a good way just to get rid of Bargs with as little lost as possible.
        Rumour is, it's Bargnani + Lucas for Boozer + Robinson.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Rumour is, it's Bargnani + Lucas for Boozer + Robinson.
          Really? Jeez, that seems like such a bad trade on Chicago's part.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
            Really? Jeez, that seems like such a bad trade on Chicago's part.
            It is. But it's better for Chicago to get someone for Boozer, rather than straight up amnestying him.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              For Bargs, Derozan, Ross AND a 1st rounder I sure as hell hope we could get more than Batum and Matthews lol that's a little bit sad.
              Are you serious? Batum and Matthews are exactly the types of players I'd want on my team if I were a GM. Wesley Matthews is currently not that far off the top range of Ross' potential, in my opinion. He's a money shooter from the perimeter (who only shoots at the rim and from three), solid defender and an average passer. His rebounding is subpar, but that's about it. Batum started off the season like a madman, but unfortunately played with a broken wrist for a significant portion of the season. He also only shoots at the rim and from three, for the most part (a little more from 16-23ft than I'd like, but hey) and he's a defensive ace and a great secondary passer.

If you break it up into two trades (Ross for Matthews, Bargnani/Derozan/1st for Batum), I think the Raptors do very well in the first and pretty well in the second.

Comment

I'm in the anti-Boozer camp. There is about 20 mil. difference in salaries over 2 years and Frye can help spreading the floor because he's a decent three point shooter. We need that, especially if we keep Gay and DeRozan.

Comment

Working...
                X