Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors making a STRONG push for Rudy Gay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors making a STRONG push for Rudy Gay?

On twitter today and happened to see tweets about the Raptors are making a strong push at Rudy Gay.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

And also I heard that Marc Stein comfirmed that the Raptors are actually making a strong push at Rudy Gay, any thoughts?

The Spin Doctor is rolling the dice once again in order to save his job?

Comment

what could we possibly offer?

Memphis wants to shed salary but not at the expense of their team's winning ways. I read on hoopshype that they will trade Gay if they can find a way to shed salary AND keep their winning ways.

Comment

BC is a very good salesman & spin doctor so i doubt he needs to trade for Gay to save his Job.. I wouldnt be suprised to see BC take over MSLE CEO job & name Ed Stefanski his successer... hes had his eye on that job for some time now.. as for Gay i wouldnt include Davis/Ross in any trades.. demar on thew other hand id be OK dealing since Ross is already better IMO..

also anyone else have trouble posting the last couple days??? the reply box's were grayed out & i couldnt post till now

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          also anyone else have trouble posting the last couple days??? the reply box's were grayed out & i couldnt post till now
          Ya I couldnt post till today either unless I was using my phone.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            Ya I couldnt post till today either unless I was using my phone.
            ok cool...i thought my PC was messed at one point..was going to reformat LOL glad i waited it out.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              ok cool...i thought my PC was messed at one point..was going to reformat LOL glad i waited it out.
              I couldn't post either and I thought it was because I'm a mac user and it was a Safari thing.

As for Gay, I don't have a problem with the Raps going after him if Demar and Jose goes the other way. Giving up Ed is too much. If that's what Memphis is asking for, pass.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

When can Demar be traded?

Comment

I had the same problem Sunday while watching the OKC game
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Sorry but when did Demar become more expendable than Ed? This is a guy who has been in the conversation recently as maybe the 2nd best SG in the East. And it's not a youth or potential thing as they are essentially the same age. Ed is a very good backup PF and a good starting PF but trade Demar before him? That shit crazy.

Yes you could say Demar is expendable because of T Ross but you can the same about Ed and Amir.

Comment

optifan wrote: View Post
                      Sorry but when did Demar become more expendable than Ed? This is a guy who has been in the conversation recently as maybe the 2nd best SG in the East. And it's not a youth or potential thing as they are essentially the same age. Ed is a very good backup PF and a good starting PF but trade Demar before him? That shit crazy.

Yes you could say Demar is expendable because of T Ross but you can the same about Ed and Amir.
                      well people want to get better quickly, not wait for demar to keep developing, which is unlikely considering how long he's been in the league. Especially since you have sulky mcsulkerson (lowry) in the corner over there, which you bet a large part of the teams future on (that damn draft pick). getting rudy gay makes demar redundant. ross is a nice player.

Comment

optifan wrote: View Post

since demar's replacement(Ross) is less painfull to see starting then Ed's replacement(Bargs)

of course if there was a way to get rid of Bargs in the deal id be overjoyed but that just aint happening.. im sure Memphis wants some NBA ready talent..

Comment

As long as theiy don't give up JV and Ross, i'm good.

I'm pretty sure that JV's not going anywhere. But i'm a bit scared that the Grizz might ask for Ross. I mean, i'm a big DeRozan homer but watching Ross play this year, i think he's got a much bigger upside than DeMar. Much better shooter, much better defender, not scared to take the big shots. Compare to DeRozan who's very passive and have a very limited range.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            As long as theiy don't give up JV and Ross, i'm good.

I'm pretty sure that JV's not going anywhere. But i'm a bit scared that the Grizz might ask for Ross. I mean, i'm a big DeRozan homer but watching Ross play this year, i think he's got a much bigger upside than DeMar. Much better shooter, much better defender, not scared to take the big shots. Compare to DeRozan who's very passive and have a very limited range.
                            A lot of people seem to have an ideal sense of what they want in a shooting guard. Ross is your typical shooting guard (Athletic, shooter, defender.) While Derozan is near to that unorthodox type, which includes guys like Ginobili, Bryant, and Wade - NOT comparing the talent, but the game.

Derozan is a slasher, low/high-post player, mid-range, athletic player. He's not your typical shooting guard. Just because Ross can do some things better than Derozan, doesn't necessarily mean he will be better down the road. Derozan is better than Ross at finishing, creating in the paint, stronger. And, the excuse is "Ross is going to get stronger and better down the road, which means he'll be better." That's not the case, because when saying that, most are assuming Derozan won't get stronger, won't improve the shooting, won't improve the ball-handling. (Which he's improved in all of those very well/quickly.)

I'm tired of hearing the Ross will be better than Derozan stuff, why can't we just be happy we have both? Ross and Derozan compliment each other when on the court at the same time. Plus, I'd rather have a sketchy defender and a good defender (Ross, Derozan) over 2 sketchy defenders any day (Gay, Derozan).
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              A lot of people seem to have an ideal sense of what they want in a shooting guard. Ross is your typical shooting guard (Athletic, shooter, defender.) While Derozan is near to that unorthodox type, which includes guys like Ginobili, Bryant, and Wade - NOT comparing the talent, but the game.

Derozan is a slasher, low/high-post player, mid-range, athletic player. He's not your typical shooting guard. Just because Ross can do some things better than Derozan, doesn't necessarily mean he will be better down the road. Derozan is better than Ross at finishing, creating in the paint, stronger. And, the excuse is "Ross is going to get stronger and better down the road, which means he'll be better." That's not the case, because when saying that, most are assuming Derozan won't get stronger, won't improve the shooting, won't improve the ball-handling. (Which he's improved in all of those very well/quickly.)

I'm tired of hearing the Ross will be better than Derozan stuff, why can't we just be happy we have both? Ross and Derozan compliment each other when on the court at the same time. Plus, I'd rather have a sketchy defender and a good defender (Ross, Derozan) over 2 sketchy defenders any day (Gay, Derozan).
                              Great point. And to add to it, not every player develops as well as Derozan did. Nobody knows if Ross will actually improve substantially

Comment

Working...
                              X