Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Ryan Woltstat

Torsuncourtside

Raps get $15 mil TPE, their 2011 first back and at least one other pick 8 minutes ago via web Retweeted by raptorsrepublic
    http://twitter.com/Torsuncourtside
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• The Raptors and Heat have agreed to the framework of a sign-and-trade arrangement that will complete Chris Bosh's departure for Miami to join Dwyane Wade and LeBron James, a person with knowledge of the deal confirmed to CBSSports.com Friday.

"It's pretty much done," the person said.

Toronto will get multiple draft picks, including a 2011 first-round pick that was previously traded to the Heat, and a trade exception -- but no players. Bosh, who along with Wade committed to joining the Heat on Wednesday, will get a six-year deal as opposed to the five-year contract he would have been eligible for through a straight signing.

Agent Henry Thomas, who represents both Wade and Bosh, said there has been steady progress in contract talks with Miami for both players.
      Link: CBS

Comment

• Note: The CBS article does not mention how much the TPE is. I wonder where Wolstat got his number? Not saying that his number is wrong. Just wondering.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• The Raps post-Bosh era is officially underway (boom goes the dynamite) and we can now commencer the "Great Summer Debate of 2010".

RE: What should BC do with the our new $15M TPE?
          RR OG

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            You assume that the Raptors want to keep Hedo long term after Hedo demanded a trade and the Raptors have been looking for suitors.

Why would the Clippers want the TPE over Kaman?
            It was pretty clear to me hearing BC say theyre going to get Hedo more involved that he's likely not going to be traded.

OK, i think im getting confused with this TPE thing, how does it work?

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
              The Raps post-Bosh era is officially underway (boom goes the dynamite) and we can now commencer the "Great Summer Debate of 2010".

RE: What should BC do with the our new $15M TPE?
              Amir when asked whose team is the Raptors now that Bosh has left said. "It is the fans team"

Based on that statement I think that MLSE should give the $15 million back to season ticket holders in 2010-11

Comment

• I don't know what Denver is doing with thier team after that first round exit, but taking back Kmart and Lawson and shipping a big plus the TPE would be nice.

I know Kmart is expiring, but he's a pretty big knucklehead. I could be talked into throwing Davis or even Bargs to get Lawson, i've been watching him since high school and think he is very legit.

Obviously Emeka and Collison makes the most sense, but the last thing NO is trying to do is upset Paul after he is rumored to be the last cog in the fantastic four.

Comment

• I'm Hoping!!!

Sign & Trade Bosh 2 Maimi...

Raptors receive

TPE 16 million
                  1st Round Pick(Ours that we traded in Jermaine O'neal/Shawn Marion Deal)
                  1st Round Pick(Minesota Timberwolves)...I believe they swaped in Micheal Beasley deal...that would be sweet if we get Minesota Timberwolves pick..always pretty good pick.
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• michaelgrange

Thanks to @IraHeatBeat for pushing this along; Rap on lock down. TO get their own pick and the Heat's in 2011, according to him.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• The Raptors will get two first round picks (one of them their own) in return for a sign-and-trade for Chris Bosh. Toronto will receive Miami's 2011 first round pick.

A sign-and-trade will also be completed for LeBron James with Cleveland as well.

Miami is trying to find a way to keep Udonis Haslem.

All three will get six-year contracts from the Heat, though they won't get max money.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0tErmlsVR

Comment

• I don't know what Denver is doing with thier team after that first round exit, but taking back Kmart and Lawson and shipping a big plus the TPE would be nice.

I know Kmart is expiring, but he's a pretty big knucklehead. I could be talked into throwing Davis or even Bargs to get Lawson, i've been watching him since high school and think he is very legit.
                        I like Lawson, but I don't give up Davis for him - or Bargs. Send them Reggie, ha. I wonder if Denver wants to get rid of Kmart's expiring deal anyway. Plus he's injured and no one knows for how long.

Obviously Emeka and Collison makes the most sense, but the last thing NO is trying to do is upset Paul after he is rumored to be the last cog in the fantastic four.
                        Collison is good, but the only way I take back Okafor's monster contract is if NO takes Jose's or Turk's.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Bosh Sign & Trade done

Miami 2011 1st round pick
                          Raptors 1st coming back
                          $15 million trade exception

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...-for-heat.html

Pretty much what most thought without the bodies

Comment

• Better than I thought, although I doubt the Raps do anything of value with the TPE. Maybe they can dump Calderon somewhere for a bigger salary, maybe a decent wing player or something.
                            "He's everywhere! Rebounds, assists... Shawn Bradley is looking like Hakeem Olajuwon!" - Bill Walton

Comment

• it's dec, we get an extra pick that may be used as trade bait.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                I thought this was hilarious when I read it. Miami and Minnesota agreeing to swap draft picks is apparently supposed to be what Minnesota got. In other words, Minnesota asked for it in order to help them. Anyone think Miami is going to draft below Minnesota anytime in the near future?
                                I hope it was the right to swap picks to make the deal look bigger than it was. If it was an outright swap.... Minnesota's high 1st and high 2nd for Beasley and Miami's low 1st seems kind of silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X