Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another reason to love David Aldridge: He wants Raps to win Lottery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    He's only a kid though so maybe he did grow a couple inches. All the better if it's true!
    Don't dudes stop growing at 18 and girls 21 or is it vice versa?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      Everyone is a little different. But in general boys stop growing 17-20 whereas girls stop growing somewhere around 25. But its not like turning off the water at home. There's no master switch that gets thrown at either age.
      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

These big men aren't your ordinary average Joes. It's not uncommon to see a player not on the draft radar as a freshman rocket into relevancy a year or two later due to a late growth spurt.

That's not a universal law. It's the norm but these giants are the normal, are they?

I'm just saying it wouldn't be unsual if he was still growing when putting this in context. Forget about your average 5'9" or 5'10" North American male because JV doesn't fit there. If he is now 7'2" that is fricking amazing for the Raptors. That means more mass to fill out a huge frame. He will be tough to move when he adds on all his adult mass.

Comment

You got it backwards I think, girls stop growing at about 16 and boys around 21.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
            Yeah, DA is my favourite American basketball writer and it isn't close.
            Amen.

That article was odd though..He envisions Bargs or Davis playing the 3? I don't see it.
            Was trying to figure this out. Perhaps he is saying a 3 man Rotation at the 4 and 5 of AD, AB & JV?

And he must want Charlotte to be terrible forever then...
            I believe Charlotte is in a position where they can't actually get any worse than they currently are.
            Break their own record for Worst Team Ever? Doubt it.
            So just about anything helps their situation. Haha

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
              Yeah, DA is my favourite American basketball writer and it isn't close. That article was odd though..He envisions Bargs or Davis playing the 3? I don't see it. And he must want Charlotte to be terrible forever then...
              I think he envisions a 3-man big-man rotation. Those guys are power forward/centers. They can't play the small forward position. IMO.

Edit: Looks like joey_hesketh beat me to it (post 20)
              Last edited by Michel G; Mon May 7, 2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

vise versa
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                  I think he envisions a 3-man big-man rotation. Those guys are power forward/centers. They can't play the small forward position. IMO.

Edit: Looks like joey_hesketh beat me to it (post 20)
                  I don't think that Davis, Bargnani, and Valanciunas could play heavy minutes together, but it could be very interesting to see them all together at times. Man-to-man I don't think any of them could manage defending the opposing SF, but in a zone their length could be an excellent asset in spurts.

Davis, 7'4" wingspan
                  Valanciunas, 7'4" wingspan (unless he has grown)
                  Bargnani, 7'2" wingspan

This means that between the three of them they would cover 22' of baseline. In a zone situation they could cover a good portion of the court. And with Valanciunas and Davis coming for weakside blocks...wow!

On offense a lot of it would depend on the style of PG we have, but that they all have decent to capable mid-range (or long range in Bargnani's case) games it could make it tough to cover everyone.

I don't think this type of zone could work for heavy minutes, but it could certainly be interesting for spurts.

But hey, what are the odds of this happening? Literally 3.5%
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

david stern read this and went "what the hell, lets give it to em 1 more time"

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      vise versa
                      Awesome. Thanks for clarification.

Two seven footers in the line-up will be nice. Especially if Bargnani improves defensively.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

I'm sorry but I just don't see how a trio of Bargs-Val-ADavis would work. In theory it would, but once you get into the reality of the situation those 3 are too good to be splitting minutes amongst eachother. 1 would have to go for a serviceable/decent backup and maybe a perimeter player or 2.

Comment

I disagree

This is not only possible, it is a dream scenario.

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                          I'm sorry but I just don't see how a trio of Bargs-Val-ADavis would work. In theory it would, but once you get into the reality of the situation those 3 are too good to be splitting minutes amongst each other. 1 would have to go for a serviceable/decent backup and maybe a perimeter player or 2.
                          • This line-up would cost you 16 million this upcoming season.
                          • Year 2 - 18.5 million
                          • Year 3 - 19.8 mil

• That would leave 40 million or so, for the balance of the roster - for each of those 3 years (give or take a bit).
                          • There are 96 minutes + injury time to go around. That's without sliding one of the trio into the SF position for a short time. Preferably when their Secondary is on. That has potential to be the best Front Court in the League. Best part is, the funds that would be available to acquire other talent. Draft picks can be traded, along with any other assets. Plus Free Agents would salivate at the potential of such a team. Davis could work very well with Andrea, almost like Amir on steroids. A healthy one that is.
                          • That very combination has potential to be a Contender within that 3 year period.

Raptors could use some real luck. Aldridge sure can stoke the dreams, even if they are at 30-1.

Comment

That's my dream:

David Stern: With the first pick of the 2012 NBA Draft, the Toronto Raptors select .... Anthony Davis from the University of Kentucky ....

then Jay Bilas starts talking how this guy has a "monstrous" wingspan
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

DA just wants to come back to Toronto to hit up the strippers again during "meaningful" games.

This is a straight up pipe dream, and when I mean pipe I mean the glass ones you see on Cops.
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

or the glass ones you see celebrities smoking "salvia" out of.

Comment

Working...
                                X