What if Mo Pete missed the 3 pointer against the Wizards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Mo Pete missed the 3 pointer against the Wizards

I've been thinking, what if Mo Pete missed the amazing 3 pointer against the Wizards in 2006/07. If he did we would have still finished 3rd in the east and played the Wizards in round 1. The Wizards would have finished 42-40 and the Nets 41-41, we would have finished 46-36. It would have been a much easier series then the one against the Nets. We would have advanced to the 2nd round easily because they didnt have there best player gilbert arenas. I believe we would have given Cleveland all they could handle in the semi finals, but ultimately lose in 6 games.Im not saying he should of missed cuz we were behind the wizards in the standings in this game but im saying what if.

Yes
    62.50%
    No
    37.50%
    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Bosh would've still bolted 3 years later, so we'd still wind up being in the place we are now

Comment

...and if the draft lottery was more kind to us, we would have drafted LBJ or Wade instead of Bosh! What's the point of rehashing insane "what if" fantasies?

Comment

im just say wat if. dont need to overreact
        TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Comment

RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
          im just say wat if. dont need to overreact
          It's just really pointless! It's a pointless discussion. Why dwell on the past when nothing will change if we do? Focus on where we are now and in the future!

Comment

I'm glad Mo Pete hit that shot because it is was such a great memory of a bizarre ending to a game that went in the Raptors' favour for once.

This recent buzzer beater in a New York high school playoff game reminded me of the Mo Pete shot in that the player who made the initial steal should have just held on the ball instead of tossing it up in the air.

Last edited by stretch; Tue Mar 19, 2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I just loved the Wizards TV guys' reaction. "Noooo!!! Not possible! Not possible!"

Comment

What if...

We WOULD HAVE WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

How do people come up with this stuff?

Comment

simple im a huge fan

Comment

Can't tell but is there a "Who cares?" option in the poll?
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
                        I've been thinking, what if Mo Pete missed the amazing 3 pointer against the Wizards in 2006/07. If he did we would have still finished 3rd in the east and played the Wizards in round 1. The Wizards would have finished 42-40 and the Nets 41-41, we would have finished 46-36. It would have been a much easier series then the one against the Nets. We would have advanced to the 2nd round easily because they didnt have there best player gilbert arenas. I believe we would have given Cleveland all they could handle in the semi finals, but ultimately lose in 6 games.Im not saying he should of missed cuz we were behind the wizards in the standings in this game but im saying what if.

Stellar post here. Great application of the 'Butterly Effect', meaning this would have had an effect not only on basketball, but the world in general. Hence, George Bush would have been elected to an unprecented 3rd term, the Mayan prophecy would have been fulfilled and I would have bought truckloads of Apple stock. Damn Mo Pete.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          Stellar post here. Great application of the 'Butterly Effect', meaning this would have had an effect not only on basketball, but the world in general. Hence, George Bush would have been elected to an unprecented 3rd term, the Mayan prophecy would have been fulfilled and I would have bought truckloads of Apple stock. Damn Mo Pete.
                          It would have taken a constitutional amendment for GWB to have been elected to a third term. It's not unprecedented, however. FDR was elected to 4 consecutive terms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-...s_Constitution

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            Your use of sarcasm is surprisingly appreciated.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Yeah they likely would have ...
                              But regarding the shot.... That was my favourite shot in Raptors history... and also part of the reason why Mo Pete is and probably will be for a very long time my favourite guy to put on a Raps jersey. Really its impossible for me to forget that shot.
                              Mo Pete where the friggin unsuspected happens!!

Comment

Working...
                              X