No announcement yet.

What if Mo Pete missed the 3 pointer against the Wizards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Vince hit that last second shot against Philly back in Game 7 of the 01 playoffs? what if, what if........
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

What if the New Jersey Nets didn't lay a complete EGG in the final game of last season, and we lost the game? We would've ended up with the 6th pick, drafted Damian Lillard, not traded for Lowry (and kept our 2013 1st round pick)....and likely be in the exact same position today.....again

FML as a Raptors fan....

Comment

its all good

thanks for the trip down memory lane.

onions baby onions!
        Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
        Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
        Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          What if the New Jersey Nets didn't lay a complete EGG in the final game of last season, and we lost the game? We would've ended up with the 6th pick, drafted Damian Lillard, not traded for Lowry (and kept our 2013 1st round pick)....and likely be in the exact same position today.....again

FML as a Raptors fan....
          They also wouldn't have overpaid for Fields, since there wouldn't have been a Nash pursuit... not that I'm trying to make your day any worse...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            They also wouldn't have overpaid for Fields, since there wouldn't have been a Nash pursuit... not that I'm trying to make your day any worse...
            I think the Nash pursuit was going to happen regardless even if they got Lillard in the draft. Although at the 6th spot my guess would be that Bryan would have drafted Barnes anyways.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              ...and if the draft lottery was more kind to us, we would have drafted LBJ or Wade instead of Bosh! What's the point of rehashing insane "what if" fantasies?
              we could have still drafted d wade
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

That kid didn't get the shot off in time. Ball's still in his hands and the backboard red lights are on. But they ain't got replay check in high school games.

Comment

RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
                  im just say wat if. dont need to overreact
                  It's amazing how your thread is received as a pointless What If but I can't recall how many threads I have seen about "What if we drafted someone other than Bargnani", none of which was called pointless...

The interesting thing about what if we had finished in a different position is that there are a number of basketball simulation programs which you can use to explore that situation. Action! PC Basketball for example would allow you to do just that if you bought the game and the specific season.

http://www.dksports.com/basketball.htm

Comment

YES. why do people think my thread is pointless there are some many threads just like mine
                    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                      It's amazing how your thread is received as a pointless What If but I can't recall how many threads I have seen about "What if we drafted someone other than Bargnani", none of which was called pointless...

The interesting thing about what if we had finished in a different position is that there are a number of basketball simulation programs which you can use to explore that situation. Action! PC Basketball for example would allow you to do just that if you bought the game and the specific season.

http://www.dksports.com/basketball.htm
                      yes because there was no one at the time calling those threads pointless.......

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                        yes because there was no one at the time calling those threads pointless.......
                        Tell me then what is the point of any trade proposal on these forums? None whatsoever in my opinion because we cannot influence BryCo's decision to trade or not trade a player. And yet, I sometimes respond to trade ideas.

What is the point of "I think this guy is crap" or "This guy deserves more playing time". Again, none whatsoever because we cannot influence the coach's rotations.

RR is a basketball forum in which we discuss some interesting and some not so interesting ideas and opinions, almost all entirely pointless. One guy's interest in a what if situation several seasons ago is certainly more interesting to me than "The Raptors should pick up X which team Y just waived" threads and how many of those have we seen this season?

Comment

Tell me then what is the point of any trade proposal on these forums? None whatsoever in my opinion because we cannot influence BryCo's decision to trade or not trade a player. And yet, I sometimes respond to trade ideas.

What is the point of "I think this guy is crap" or "This guy deserves more playing time". Again, none whatsoever because we cannot influence the coach's rotations.

RR is a basketball forum in which we discuss some interesting and some not so interesting ideas and opinions, almost all entirely pointless. One guy's interest in a what if situation several seasons ago is certainly more interesting to me than "The Raptors should pick up X which team Y just waived" threads and how many of those have we seen this season?
                          Well thanks a lot -_-

Comment

You mean bryan colangelo doesn't read this forum religously, and take all our thoughts into consideration before making a decision? Im shocked.

Seriously though, trade proposals and their suspected ramifications are more relevant discussion because they pertain to the current affairs of the team. And in a simplistic way, we can point to the empirical evidence on the court to give some credibility to our arguments, can't do that with this guys thread, unless you have a time machine in your basement we don't know about. Now I realize that is all opinion, but there are others that feel this way judging from the general "oh no what is this bullshit" tone of other posters in this thread.

same argument applies to coaching rotations.

Of course we could just poo-poo everything, by saying who cares no one gives a crap what we think, but then we wouldn't have a forum would we?

all the same I respect your argument, and your opinion of what is interesting to you.

Comment

i generally don't like hypothetical conversations.. not because they're stupid, but because for me, personally, hypotheticals do no good. i tend to live in the present. if i'm eating lunch, i'm not thinking "well, what if i had pancakes instead of waffles for breakfast?" or "if i go to koreatown after work, buy a tub of kimchi, then go to the veggie market and pick up green onions and tofu, with what i have in the fridge at home, i can probably make some kimchi stew for dinner".. when i'm eating lunch, i'm pretty focused on what's going on right at that moment. but have no problem with other people having these discussions.. i tend to stay out of them though.

but hypotheticals about minute events are ridiculous. things happened. that's life. deal with it.

i like to put butter on my waffles before maple syrup.. i didnt have butter... my breakfast was slightly shittier than it could have been. OH WELL. it's over.

Comment

Ok, I hear ya, but further to Akasingh's comments, a discussion about the Raptors acquiring player X (trade, free agent, trade, etc...) is something that can actually happen, with pros/cons discussed & debated in advance, and then see the actual result and go back and see what everybody said about it. Case in point is the recent Gay trade or the even the non-trade of Andrea helping/hurting the team. To me this seems like a higher quality conversation with a beginning, middle & end, rather than a completely open-ended discussion that leads to nowhere in particular.
                                Last edited by golden; Fri Mar 22, 2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X