Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani Finishes Off Another GM

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...s-President/GM

The title is more of a joke but I wonder if it played a part in the Knicks parting ways with Grunwald

Should've been sooner. We absolutely robbed the Knicks on that Bargs deal.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Bargnani Trail - Another casualty

Probably not the right place to post this but only true Raptors fans will find the humor in this.

The Bargnani Jinx takes another victim. Every GM and coach who worked with Bargnani has now been fired (except Casey but he really only "worked" with Bargnani for an odd number of games, and he probably will be on the chopping block soon anyways). Sam Mitchell, Jay Triano, Colangelo, Gherardini. Now add Grunwald to the list of casualties.

Do you think the Bargnani acquisition really cost Grunwald his job? I think so.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
        Probably not the right place to post this but only true Raptors fans will find the humor in this.

The Bargnani Jinx takes another victim. Every GM and coach who worked with Bargnani has now been fired (except Casey but he really only "worked" with Bargnani for an odd number of games, and he probably will be on the chopping block soon anyways). Sam Mitchell, Jay Triano, Colangelo, Gherardini. Now add Grunwald to the list of casualties.

Do you think the Bargnani acquisition really cost Grunwald his job? I think so.
        If the firing was because of Bargnani, it doesn't make sense why ownership allowed the transaction in the first place.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          If the firing was because of Bargnani, it doesn't make sense why ownership allowed the transaction in the first place.
          Do GMs really need to get approval from owners first before doing transactions?

Or only a couple of owners actually stick their nose in the GMs business?

Comment

The owners would have absolutely been privy to the move, and if it was bad enough that they would fire GG over before even seeing a single game, then I imagine they would have at the very least voiced their serious concerns.

I'm pretty surprised by this. I thought GG was doing a great job in NYC.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              The owners would have absolutely been privy to the move, and if it was bad enough that they would fire GG over before even seeing a single game, then I imagine they would have at the very least voiced their serious concerns.

I'm pretty surprised by this. I thought GG was doing a great job in NYC.
              Some of the comments in the article were saying he might come back to Toronto in some capacity since he was a part of this franchise for some time.

Any thoughts? Would he be a good addition? Do you think he did MU a "solid" on the Bargnani trade considering MU did trade Melo to him, something like a "i scratch your back you scratch mine" type thing and the owners probably did not like what happened? I may be exaggerating here but rumors like this have surfaced in the NBA in the past.

Comment

The Knicks are an absolute JOKE when it comes to their management.

So the guy (Mills) who hired the guy (Isiah) who ran the club in to an iceberg that took a decade and another guy (Walsh) to recover from and another guy to build upon (Grunwald) is hired as the guy now making the decisions (Mills) from which the decade shit storm was spawned?

Comment

Any transaction in any buisness that involves money commitments, needs the approval of the person making checks. Now if he just signs anything without reading what he's signing that's another story, but the deal had to have been presented to him so its unlikely that's why he fired him. He either didn't feel any certain way about the trade or approved it.

Comment

When I first started in business, I believed that the incompetents and idiots who I worked with and kept falling upwards would eventually be found out and fired. After 15 years in various jobs I no longer believe that at all. They are all around us. Gainfully employed and ruining businesses, investments, jobs and lives as we speak.

Welcome back to the herd of the retread, failed executives Steve Mills.

Comment

I'm guessing the rest of the Knicks management and ownership got their first look at Bargnani after his offseason workouts.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

Blurbs on HoopsHype.com are saying supposedly things went frigid between GG and Dolan after 2nd round exit.

Dolan fits in with the NY egomania capital of the world.

Comment

The Knicks are right at the top the with the Lakers as the NBA's mo$t $ucce$$ful teams.
                          Last edited by stretch; Fri Sep 27, 2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...o-In-Scrimmage

Best quote: Melo on Barg's "For the most part, he's actually a smart player"
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...o-In-Scrimmage

Best quote: Melo on Barg's "For the most part, he's actually a smart player"
                              You wonder if a guy like Bargs realizes the corner he's painted himself into.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                              X